Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Like the OkCupid woman, would you have thought Keith was rude?
Yes 51 80.95%
No 12 19.05%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree158Likes

Old 01-24-2018, 07:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

As somebody that has done quite a bit of online dating, you gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you find somebody cool -- even messaging wise.

Once somebody says they aren't interested, DO NOT act like a rom com & try to pursue her beyond that... it comes off as creepy as somebody on the receiving end of those types of "I won't give up cause I'm a dude" messages.

Yeah, you think you won't see her again, so fuck it I'll be "goofy"... She just feels like there goes another douche I have to filter through, ugh men suck, just like I usually feel...

Also she probably screen shotted your message and is telling her friends how creepy and weird you were.
Bucho, Scorpion, Lanfear and 2 others like this.

www.MeMeCPhoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Meme isn't hard to find; her laugh carries 'cause she throws her head back like a gorgeous unicorn. she's also an amazing first contact. look for the fanciest bitch having the best time.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memecherry View Post
Once somebody says they aren't interested, DO NOT act like a rom com & try to pursue her beyond that... it comes off as creepy as somebody on the receiving end of those types of "I won't give up cause I'm a dude" messages.

Yeah, you think you won't see her again, so fuck it I'll be "goofy"... She just feels like there goes another douche I have to filter through, ugh men suck, just like I usually feel...

Also she probably screen shotted your message and is telling her friends how creepy and weird you were.
You say you understood my point of view but added that beginning part anyway.

Should I also not try to kill them?

Anyway, lets just hope her screenshot doesn't ruin my OkCupid reputation...

Jena's a knee jerk uptight bitch. I don't care what she thinks.

(I named her Jena.)
Old 01-24-2018, 07:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

May the odds be in your favor Keith
snowflake likes this.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by memecherry View Post
As somebody that has done quite a bit of online dating, you gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you find somebody cool -- even messaging wise.

This this this

Ewwwww Keith you started out so strong - you can do this game without being a creepy stereotype I know you can, please?
Bucho, memecherry and Newsy like this.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Let's make it a rule to not tell women that you barely started talking to that you think about them while naked. Well unless you pay them or they started the dirty talk.

Does that work?
Old 01-25-2018, 07:14 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I hope I will stay with mr Apia forever and never will have to date again.
I love that you call him Mr. Apia. That is adorable. I kind of wish Apia is your first name.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:44 AM   #17 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
This this this

Ewwwww Keith you started out so strong - you can do this game without being a creepy stereotype I know you can, please?
Lanfear, I can’t believe you live in Germany and killed Jews just for being Jewish. DO NOT be racist, people.

Yes, Lanfear, I know that you personally didn’t go out and kill Jews, and that the Jew killers have nothing to do with you, but still, Ewwwww.

I know you can do better. Please?
Old 01-25-2018, 08:42 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Lanfear, I can’t believe you live in Germany and killed Jews just for being Jewish. DO NOT be racist, people.

Yes, Lanfear, I know that you personally didn’t go out and kill Jews, and that the Jew killers have nothing to do with you, but still, Ewwwww.

I know you can do better. Please?
People I am related to did shitty things, people from your gender did shitty things. Both of us probably were shitty to others at some point but if it's pointed out we can learn and do better.
Isn't the internet the best?
Bucho and memecherry like this.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:59 AM   #19 (permalink)

And on a more serious note Keith - I am fully convinced that you are great boyfriend/husband material.
I know that because the two women you long-term dated while I was listening to this podcast are strong and intelligent and you can talk eloquently about a variety of topics.
If it makes you happy to fall back to Nazi references any time I say something you don't like - it's your podcast, your rules.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:16 AM   #20 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrokahn View Post
OK Cupid-

Keith you didn't follow your own golden rule about not trying to joke around with strangers because 99% of the time they don't get it. Apparently even with established banter.

The reason this woman and everyone in the room with you when you read the messages aloud were like "OH WTF MAN" was because you accidentally did the one behavior that epitomizes shit men and especially online. It's called The Niceguy. Which is not actually nice. We all know it was intended different than it was received. Now ya know.

You gotta send Henny all your messages for approval from now on, That's the new law.
I agree, I voted no because it followed a thread and seemed like a joke.
But then I know Keith better than she does so I can hear him "plus he read the text so..." She might have had three other texts/email/facebook posts/twitter what have you between the Keith texts and then the flow of banter is lost.
But then again I'm on the autism spectrum so maybe I shouldn't "help" Keith because I get in trouble for this kind of thing all the time.

It's very frustrating how sensitive people are in general.

Is this a service I can by, how much does BabbyButt charge to read all my email's and texts and send them on to the intended recipient?
Bucho and astrokahn like this.