Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Like the OkCupid woman, would you have thought Keith was rude?
Yes 51 80.95%
No 12 19.05%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree158Likes

Old 01-25-2018, 09:19 AM   #21 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
And on a more serious note Keith - I am fully convinced that you are great boyfriend/husband material.
I know that because the two women you long-term dated while I was listening to this podcast are strong and intelligent and you can talk eloquently about a variety of topics.
If it makes you happy to fall back to Nazi references any time I say something you don't like - it's your podcast, your rules.
OK, I'm not sure if this was a compliment or not. It started out good but then something about feeling good about Nazi's and Keith being like a dictator... I'm not sure... Did I miss something?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:33 AM   #22 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
OK, I'm not sure if this was a compliment or not. It started out good but then something about feeling good about Nazi's and Keith being like a dictator... I'm not sure... Did I miss something?
I thought the shower message Keith talked about on the show was creepy and voiced that opinion.
And then Keith talked about Nazis killing Jews which I don't quite understand how that relates to the discussion at hand.

Free speech - it means you have the right to voice your opinion and everybody else has the right to disagree BUT you don't have to provide a platform for others to voice their opinion.
memecherry likes this.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:54 AM   #23 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I thought the shower message Keith talked about on the show was creepy and voiced that opinion.
And then Keith talked about Nazis killing Jews which I don't quite understand how that relates to the discussion at hand.

Free speech - it means you have the right to voice your opinion and everybody else has the right to disagree BUT you don't have to provide a platform for others to voice their opinion.
Ok so it sounds like you also feel like you missed something. It's all very confusing. But I think Keith's texts read in sequence are not creepy, I also see that the last one could be questionable. Maybe Keith needs a dating app that let's you leave voice text, like he does for the ungrateful Chemda who gets blessed with hearing tone and intonation with every message instead of just a cold text
Old 01-25-2018, 10:23 AM   #24 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Ok so it sounds like you also feel like you missed something. It's all very confusing. But I think Keith's texts read in sequence are not creepy, I also see that the last one could be questionable. Maybe Keith needs a dating app that let's you leave voice text, like he does for the ungrateful Chemda who gets blessed with hearing tone and intonation with every message instead of just a cold text
Ok let me spell that out how it felt to me hearing it:

Two people are on a dating app
Keith writes a cool opening message
Maybe several messsages back and forth?
She says what to me sounds like a clear "no I don't want to talk to you but I'll let you down gently"
Keith writes back anyway to this woman that doesn't want to be easily identified (only posts her back as a pic) and he not only does that but also references something she wrote online that specifically talks about No means No?

If you have listened to KATG for a while and or gotten to know Keith for a longer while that is perfectly funny and OK
From what I heard on the show that wasn't the case and it's creepy moving towards scary

And then Nazis.
memecherry likes this.

Last edited by Lanfear; 01-25-2018 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:28 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I don't think Keith is a Nazi he has many Jewish friends.
Oh joy now we are trying to move this discussion towards anybody calling Keith a Nazi?

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:51 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Do I have to try also or is my killing status ok?
No Nazis killed a shit-ton of Polish people as well.
You can stay in the camp of people randomly bringing up Nazis on unrelated topics.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:41 AM   #27 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Only on a KATG forum does a dating chat then devolve into nazi chat...

Fun times!

2018, what a time to be alive!

Keith is on a dating app, and he's just a dude like the most of them not always knowing the best way to talk to a lady, ESPECIALLY via text messaging to a complete stranger.

My bar for communication via dating apps before I have met the person is = if we had just met in person right now, would I consider what he just said as charming or creepy? Wash, rinse, repeat.
Bucho, Lanfear, lizsquiz and 2 others like this.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:45 AM   #28 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

On a personal note - as a long time lover of relationships & love I now find myself for the first time truly enjoying being alone... I am getting to know who I am, what I like/want in life, and what I truly NEED in a partner.

I feel like when I went into dating apps with the intention of meeting somebody that will be my forever & ever, I caught myself up in situationships that really just distracted me from the self love I needed and the work I still needed to do on myself.

Take your time Keith, only fools rush in...
Bucho, jcro21, Scorpion and 2 others like this.

www.MeMeCPhoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Meme isn't hard to find; her laugh carries 'cause she throws her head back like a gorgeous unicorn. she's also an amazing first contact. look for the fanciest bitch having the best time.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:52 AM   #29 (permalink)

Keith pretty much just pulled a #notallmen in this thread.

"just because you've interacted with thousands of creepy men online and in real life doesn't mean you should think I'm a creep... Even if I'm doing exactly the same things creeps do..."

She was just supposed to know this stranger's heart and give him the benefit of the doubt... Even if it could potentially be dangerous/waste of time for her.

Then when he's called out on it... He compared it to assuming all Germans are Nazis... As if that is a good comparison...

He's reminding me of the guys who get offended that I don't want to meet at their house for dinner on the first date. "But I'm not like that. Why would you assume the worst of me? That's crazy. "
Bucho, memecherry, Lanfear and 1 others like this.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:00 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
When you are in a good relationship you can still develop and do work on yourself, in fact you should. I don't think I could have a better partner than Mr Apia and I love him and he loves me blah, blah, but there is still work to do in my life.
How can I be a kinder person and make the world better? How can I make peace with my mortality and enjoy life every day? How much am I willing to invest in my career and what do I want to achieve?
Not everyone is as lucky as you - Some folks gotta work on themselves alone for a while...
Scorpion likes this.