Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Like the OkCupid woman, would you have thought Keith was rude?
Yes 51 80.95%
No 12 19.05%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree158Likes

Old 01-25-2018, 10:03 PM   #41 (permalink)

Reading these replies is making me wish I had a forum of people critiquing my online dating moves, and also really happy I don't have that.

It's a weird ass game.
The Girl, Bucho, Scorpion and 1 others like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:14 AM   #42 (permalink)

There's a Wishmaster joke in here somewhere, I can feel it.
Bucho and Apia like this.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:04 AM   #43 (permalink)

Or a Black Mirror episode, like the one where Jon Hamm leads a group of men who can watch another dude go on a date through his eyeball camera and comment.

Let's make poundtown a fully interactive, immersive app experience. We'll be able to track Keith's progress through all his dating apps and vote on which matches he should pursue (votes are legally binding)
Old 01-28-2018, 09:35 PM   #44 (permalink)

It'll certainly be interesting for us if Keith keeps treating his dating app interactions like they are the KATG forum
Scorpion, lizsquiz, Apia and 1 others like this.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:21 PM   #45 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Gotta be me, baby.
jcro21, Scorpion and BenAtlanta like this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:01 PM   #46 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

skipping all the natzi comments

just to clarify; it didn't sound like you were trying to get her back or like you were being funny. It sounded like you got your feelings hurt and wanted to "win" the encounter so you were petty and insulted her. That's a VERY common attitude on these anonymous fuck apps.

Also outside of that, dating apps are the fucking WORST. OKC is especially perilous because it tricks you into thinking it's not a fuckapp but it one of the fuckiest apps out there. It gets you hooked into answering questions, a metric fuckton of them, and lowers your defenses, making you think you have some form of control over the outcomes. But people on that app have the worst combination of being flaky and judgemental, like the ones on more straight forward fuck apps, but also condescending because they think being on OCK makes them less desperate/lonely/horny than people on Tindr/Growlr/Scruff. It's just a fucking trap.
ThePinkSuperhero and Mermaid like this.

Last edited by FingerLakes; 01-31-2018 at 08:02 PM. Reason: (I spelled Nazi wrong but I can't edit the header)
Old 02-01-2018, 01:58 AM   #47 (permalink)

OKC has been the most successful dating site for me. I don't agree at all with you. I don't see how it's possible to argue that a site like OKC that has so much prompting to talk about yourself and your opinions and likes/dislikes is worse or as bad as any of these other dating sites that basically boil down to a picture and a blurb. I would say it could be one of the fuckiest apps out there, because it does a lot better job of connecting like minded people with each other than other sites do. But I mean, that's what a dating site is. You're finding somebody to fuck. Sometimes people want to fuck somebody they are emotionally super invested in. Sometimes they just want to fuck and split. If somebody is fucking, that means the site took somebody who wanted something, and connected them with someone who wanted a similar thing.

OKC gives people the best way to put their personality and desires out there and the best way to find someone with a personality and desires that they like.
Mermaid likes this.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:31 PM   #48 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

because in my experience, just like the regular fuck apps, no on reads profiles on OKC either. All the info you give out about yourself to discuss is meaningless if mofos don't read any of it and ask basic questions that you already answered. And on top of that, people will look at an average to mid compatibility level and dismiss an entire interaction based on just the numbers, and not take a second to see if there's something to the logic in the answers they might agree with.

Glad your experience was better, tho.

Last edited by FingerLakes; 02-01-2018 at 10:35 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:35 AM   #49 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

HA! I came here to say this was one of the funniest episodes ever. I was dying laughing at how creepy Keith came off in that exchange and how all the people in the room were like "Whoa Keith!" LMAO

Ugh... so funny. Didn't realize there would be so much serious discussion around it on the forums. I'm not trying to make light of people's concerns but more than anything this show had me crying laughing.

Thanks for allowing us to laugh at and with you guys. Great episode.
Keith, The Girl, Scorpion and 1 others like this.