Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2801: The Big Bad Wolf (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2801-big-bad-wolf-20888/)

Keith 02-06-2018 06:41 PM

2801: The Big Bad Wolf

with Andrea Allan and Julia Schachter – New show: Last Week on KATG; Jumanji remake back at #1; the allure of horror movies; Monopoly’s new version encourages cheating; catching loved ones cheating in games; good and bad sportsmanship; comedian Aaron Glaser’s rape allegations

Guests:
Andrea Allan
http://static-2.keithandthegirl.net/...ea-100x100.jpg

Julia Schachter
http://static-2.keithandthegirl.net/...IA-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

kat666 02-07-2018 02:46 AM

I think one of the big problems with OK Cupid is that people get to answer the questions themselves. For example, Chemda might think she is a good sport but her friends might see it differently.. so instead of getting an accurate answer, you get what the person considers themselves to be, or how they would like to be seen. So with the "good sport" question, you dont learn if they are actually a good sport or not, just if they consider themselves to be one. We should all be required to get our best friends to fill out those questions for us (or have it hooked up to a pulse detecter, so it can track your lies), otherwise its a wildly innacurate playing field. Most people are cheating on OK Cupid without even realising it!!

Hehe just imagine we could rate our interactions with people on the app, from both chatting and real life dates, and that would be reflected on their profile.. we would pretty much be inside a Black Mirror episode.. we are just one step away

Sparrow 02-07-2018 07:00 AM

i don't mind losing a game because i'm pretty terrible at most of them in, but, like, a super adorable way where we're all giggling anyway and having fun. it makes me an extra terrible winner. on the off chance i win some shit, you will never. not. hear. about. it. it stops being adorable and can reach upwards of obnoxious.

Monopoly, though, i cheat at like its my job. am i fairly obvious and not great at all and lose anyway? yeah, bitch. does that stop me? nah, son.

if i need a petty boost, i play a game with a kid. i have a simple rule in life: do not let kids win games on purpose. i think it's condescending to do so. it's important to do your best always even against someone objectively better. i will beat the snot out of a child and feel /great/ about it. or lose and be super gracious.

bottom line: don't invite me over.

Maya 02-07-2018 07:06 AM

People Cheat in Monopoly???

Hurts my heart...

As an aside, it was 80+ degrees in SoCal this weekend. Really difficult winter for us. Yesterday was mid 60s for a bit, I had to put on a light jacket - It was a rather upsetting experience.

Sakugenken 02-07-2018 10:17 AM

I am all with Keith on this. Cheating is cheating. Grabbing a house or using an app is pretty much the same. The only difference is that one is physical.

Archimedes_Screw 02-07-2018 10:18 AM

I voted yes. Fight me! I'll cheat at that too lol
Would love to hear Chemda really shit-talk during a game.

astrokahn 02-07-2018 02:34 PM

Although there really isn't a logical difference so much between cheating and ... cheating, I think the element of theft (taking the house on the sly) is what ups it in people's heads as worse.

I only cheat on the game of Bullshit, because for godssake it's called Bullshit. I like to hide all my cards up my sleeve or under my ass and play the correct card as if it's my last. Or stack all my cards underneath the card I play so if someone calls bullshit and turns over the top card it appears to be the right card and they have to take the whole deck. It's funnier to me the more cards that I'm able to hide in plain sight.

We've come up with specific rules to incorporate this kind of cheating and it makes it more fun.

braino 02-07-2018 03:50 PM

I play lots of games. I never cheat. I don't see the point of cheating in a game.

I run some large gaming events at conventions. I love to call out cheaters. I love to see that shame. In general, if an adult is caught cheating - people will just refuse to play with them.

When I was young - my friend Mike would cheat all the time at cards. When he would want to play, my friends and I would try and find the silliest way to cheat as a protest against Mike. One time in the middle of a game - my friend Jim is suddenly reading a bible (this was not normal behavior). Jim ended up winning. Later on I found out that Jim had stashed a second set of cards in the bible.

Mermaid 02-07-2018 04:39 PM

Taunting and playful banter is what makes games fun.

I'm team slapping cards on the table and smack talking.

I've never cared enough about winning to cheat but I dont think cheaters are terrible people who cheat in all areas of their lives.

FingerLakes 02-08-2018 07:21 PM

I knew the new monopoly game would be a thing on the show but never imagined it would take up such a large segment!! I figured Keith would say "This goofy.It's for the worst people." And never want to play it.

I cheat in games when they've gone on too long and no one's having fun but everyone's too committed/embarrassed to quit. I played a card game with like 10 people that lasted 6-8 hours. Couples were fighting, people were getting tired and mad and I wanted it to end but with a winner. So I cheated to help dinner someone who was close to winning but they fucked up and I won.