Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2808: Everything’s Fine (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2808-everything-s-fine-20907/)

Michael's Servant 02-14-2018 08:00 PM

2808: Everything’s Fine

with Tracey Carnazzo — Anxiety and weed paranoia; emetophobia; struggling with weight; an aimless Valentine’s Day; The 2018 Flu; keeping an eye on Tracey’s boyfriend; the world’s first gay Olympic figure skater; South Korea’s dog menu; Teen Mom

Guest:
Tracey Carnazzo
http://static-4.keithandthegirl.net/...CY-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Keith 02-15-2018 03:10 AM

And my recent dating only moistens things up more, as women like men who are wanted.

D
R
I
You know...

Lanfear 02-15-2018 03:41 AM

Obviously Tracey is the best and a well deserved Best guest winner.

But never have I loved her more than when she quickly shut down Chemdas anti-vaccination bullshit conspiracy theories.

Mermaid 02-15-2018 10:26 AM

I peeped Keith trying to get her boyfriend out of the picture. I support it.

The chemistry is palpable.

Archimedes_Screw 02-15-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 866318)
Obviously Tracey is the best and a well deserved Best guest winner.

But never have I loved her more than when she quickly shut down Chemdas anti-vaccination bullshit conspiracy theories.

That's a bit harsh.

Archimedes_Screw 02-15-2018 11:03 AM

Tracy! Awesome episode. You're damn funny. Does Mehran know you're gunnin' for Keith?

bluenova 02-15-2018 04:39 PM

This could be helpful for understanding the importance of the flu shot. I used to think I didn't need it since I'm not a child or older and I hardly get sick, but then it was explained to me that even though I am not likely to die of complications from the flu, I can still be a carrier of it and pass it on to others. So it's important to get the flu shot even if you never get sick. Even when you do get the flu shot and still get sick, it doesn't mean it's not working. It still might help prevent you from getting something that you then carry and pass on to a child, older person, or someone with a compromised immune system. You're helping to raise the protection of those more in danger.

Lanfear 02-15-2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw (Post 866322)
That's a bit harsh.

Chemda is the queen of not wanting to take medicine and while that's fine for some things I just can't when it comes to anti-vaccine rhetoric.

If the message was - Hennessy researched it and I can't take the vaccine because it interferes with my condition/meds that's fair.
But don't randomly spread that vaccines don't work anyway and contain dangerous ingredients pretty please.

astrokahn 02-15-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 866328)
Chemda is the queen of not wanting to take medicine and while that's fine for some things I just can't when it comes to anti-vaccine rhetoric.

If the message was - Hennessy researched it and I can't take the vaccine because it interferes with my condition/meds that's fair.
But don't randomly spread that vaccines don't work anyway and contain dangerous ingredients pretty please.

I wish wish wish there could be a forum in which we could talk about vaccines without the vitriol. Its very unfortunate because there is a lot of legitimate fear (and legitimacy of what is scary to you or I can be different but no less legitimate on either side) around vaccines. What happens is that people who are not comfortable with them do not have a place in which to ask questions or talk about fears (without being completely shit on as if it's the dumbest thing anyone could EVER IMAGINE) end up not getting informed and not getting their fears addressed.

When I asked my child's doctor what to look for in case a particular vaccine had adverse affects on my kid, the doctor said "Oh that won't happen." When I repeated the question three times and got the same answer, I left feeling pissed off and much more untrusting that either the doctor was lying (wtf would that benefit?) or straight up had no idea what the possible side effects could be (I mean for christ sake doctors get pamphlets for this shit how couldn't they know?) and that's scary in and of itself.

Any time the first response is to shit all over someone's decision what you're doing is A)not listening and B)making the decision that theres nothing you could possibly learn.

There are LOTS of reasons why vaccines scare people. Conspiracy and autism is a small chunk of those people.

Mermaid 02-15-2018 09:09 PM

This conversation is interesting.

I get both sides.

There seems to be a lot of distrust of science because it is not perfect. Millions of children get vaccinated each year, a handful have allergic reactions (or have some other extremely rare condition that cause an adverse reaction). That handful gets the news stories and the blog articles about the dangers of vaccines. Suddenly everyone "knows" a kid who got a shot and xyz happened to them.

Or I see a Facebook meme where someone has used Google to freak themselves out over a chemical being in something without a basic understanding of chemistry. Stuff like "Did you know the NaCl that's in your table salt is also found in Bleach!"

But also, the Tuskegee experiment and unauthorized sterilization and James Marion Sims.

So I get it. People's concerns are valid.

But I also get how exhausting it could get to be bombarded with questions based on conspiracy theories and unsubstantiated claims and WebMD all day. And not being able to adequately explain why it's all wrong cause it would take at least a basic foundation in science to understand... But the education system...

This is reason #565785 why I prefer lab work to interacting with the public.