Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 06-06-2006, 11:29 AM   #11 (permalink)

Chemda parents just dont see her as an adult. Still a child in their eyes. Maybe their culture prevents it till they see her married. In their eyes she is living a care free life shacking up with a guy, with no worries of concerns.

In reality she is in a committed relationship with a guy who takes care of her, she takes care of the bills and is not a burden on her family or society.

The successful, bright, wondeful daughter they want is right in front of them and they don't see it. Their loss.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:25 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
Chemda parents just dont see her as an adult. Still a child in their eyes. Maybe their culture prevents it till they see her married. In their eyes she is living a care free life shacking up with a guy, with no worries of concerns.

In reality she is in a committed relationship with a guy who takes care of her, she takes care of the bills and is not a burden on her family or society.

The successful, bright, wondeful daughter they want is right in front of them and they don't see it. Their loss.
Thank you Dr. Phil.....you touched us all!
Old 06-06-2006, 12:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbybear
Thank you Dr. Phil.....you touched us all!
See my Sig, I am allowed to touch you.

(Except the ones under eighteen)
Old 06-06-2006, 01:43 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie
This is an interesting observation.
I was thinking about that while I was listening.
The other person still has to be touchy/nutty to fly off the handle, though. They had received emails from him previously, so it's not like his tone could have changed that much, right? And it's not like he replied with "this is shit". Keith has more tact than that............. I think.
Many people get defensive TOO quickly. His first e-mail was probably "I don't think this really goes with the general theme of the book..." Keith seems to have quite a bit of tact when it comes to professionalism. Perhaps after getting to know the people, he may slip into the "This is Shit!" mode, but I don't think that's what happened.

You see it happening a LOT in the business world. My most recent job (before this one) was for a company that did most everything by hand and phone. I'm not even sure why they had computers, much less the really nice machines they bought (top of the line everything). When I offered suggestions (in a nice tone), they would huffily reply "This is the way it's done". This is usuall, in the accusing tone as if to say "I'm the boss, I'm not going to let some snot like you change my business", when all I'm offering is an honest opinion (I've been in the business world long enough to recognize this tone of voice).

This seems to be a similar situation, only the roles are reversed. The changes are only superficial, and so aren't something like the difference between using a computer and a typewriter for correspondence. Keith's honest opinion is that he doesn't like this, and he's the end consumer (the final sell). People can get VERY pushy when they are trying to sell something, and VERY defensive when someone declines their sale.

You should be protected under copyright law for your own published work, though. You don't need to register a copyright, as per the US Copyright Office: "Copyright is secured automatically when the work is created, and a work is "created" when it is fixed in a copy or phonorecord for the first time. " Hopefully the copy you submitted to the publisher contains the copyright information. All you need to secure your copyright legally is to include copyright information in your copy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Copyright Office
The notice for visually perceptible copies should contain all the following three elements:

1. The symbol (the letter C in a circle), or the word "Copyright," or the abbreviation "Copr."; and

2. The year of first publication of the work. In the case of compilations or derivative works incorporating previously published material, the year date of first publication of the compilation or derivative work is sufficient. The year date may be omitted where a pictorial, graphic, or sculptural work, with accompanying textual matter, if any, is reproduced in or on greeting cards, postcards, stationery, jewelry, dolls, toys, or any useful article; and

3. The name of the owner of copyright in the work, or an abbreviation by which the name can be recognized, or a generally known alternative designation of the owner.

Example: 2002 John Doe
This will secure your copyright in the work. As long as your work includes the copyright information, any person publishing or authorizing publication of your work is committing copyright infringement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Copyright Office
Furthermore, in the event that a work is infringed, if a proper notice of copyright appears on the published copy or copies to which a defendant in a copyright infringement suit had access, then no weight shall be given to such a defendant's interposition of a defense based on innocent infringement in mitigation of actual or statutory damages, except as provided in section 504(c)(2) of the copyright law. Innocent infringement occurs when the infringer did not realize that the work was protected.
Basically his claim of "Thinking it was his" would be null and void if the work has copyright information noting you as the author. The published artwork on the cover falls under the same laws, as a copyright in the artist's name.

Moral Number 4: The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind. Except in New Jersey, where what's blowing in the wind smells funny.

http://twitter.com/benjitathesane
http://www.facebook.com/benjitathesane
Old 06-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #15 (permalink)

Oh, are you still looking for cover art? I'm not an artist, but I have a suggestion:

Grass field with deep hole. Dug-out dirt in pile next to it with shovel stuck in the pile. Keith in the Ronald McDonald getup carrying Dog Shit. Keith's Dad in lounge chair watching a TV. On TV is Elmo getting his ass kicked. On table next to lounge chair is a shake...

Anything I'm missing? At least it goes with the book. Coffee stains??? What the fuck is that supposed to be?
Old 06-06-2006, 01:54 PM   #16 (permalink)

i thought a book cover showing a fnewly dug hole and an open treasure chest at the bottom, inside you see a mess of stuff. Elmo, a (shit) shake, a copy of the summerset news paper., keith dads preist collar, a bus ticket to NY
Old 06-06-2006, 01:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjita
This will secure your copyright in the work. As long as your work includes the copyright information, any person publishing or authorizing publication of your work is committing copyright infringement:
KATG legal team. in the first chair, High Mike.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:11 PM   #18 (permalink)

Kalimotxo, it's basque not mexican ...
Old 06-06-2006, 02:19 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
Simple math,

Problems/wierd people
DD, THe book Guy, DJQ
loooolz you're the pinnacle of stability.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:39 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJQuad
loooolz you're the pinnacle of stability.
I was only on top when there was 3 fans, me and Chemda brothers.

I fell out of the favorite list when 'darling nikki' showed up.