Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Was Keith's date inappropriate when it came time to pay for pool?
Yes 23 69.70%
No 10 30.30%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree67Likes

Old 02-20-2018, 01:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Is being rude and an entitled brat the new appropriate?
Inappropriate feels to me like the wrong word but hey non-native speaker wtf do I know
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 03:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

If I went out for drinks with a guy and the guy gave the bartender his card to keep the tab on for the both of us. I would assume the guy was paying for the tab. Because... Why else would he give his card?

Maybe I'm confused. You gave your card to the cashier to pay for the game of pool before you began, so that you could be charged for all your games later. When later came.... You didn't want it to be on your card anymore? You didn't want her to tell you that they are charging it now?

Also, the entitled thing. Maybe cause this was supposed to be a free coupon bowling date she figured you'd cover the makeup date cause you screwed up the reservation for the free thing. I don't feel like an entitled bratty woman would even be okay with a coupon date to begin with.

If you want a girl who splits the tab why not just make that clear before the date? Why play the weird game of "let's see if she reaches" then be salty if she doesn't?

Guys are weird.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

The idea of only being okay with paying for the first date if you hit it off with the woman also sends off some feminist red flags for me but I don't have the words for the icky feelings.

Either you like paying or you don't. The conditions make it weird to me.

"objectifying" keeps coming to mind. But Idk if that's the right word. But it does sound like a consumer transaction. "I only pay for services I enjoy" kinda thing.

But Idk. My thoughts aren't fully formed.

This is why coffee dates are the go-to.
Lanfear and Shanateemanatee like this.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
The idea of only being okay with paying for the first date if you hit it off with the woman also sends off some feminist red flags for me but I don't have the words for the icky feelings.

Either you like paying or you don't. The conditions make it weird to me.

"objectifying" keeps coming to mind. But Idk if that's the right word. But it does sound like a consumer transaction. "I only pay for services I enjoy" kinda thing.

But Idk. My thoughts aren't fully formed.

This is why coffee dates are the go-to.
Yeah I get that but I also can't quite spell out my thoughts on this

I felt it was rude and entitled because that was a very clear 'you pay now' message to what should at least look like a nice spontaneous gesture? I think I would have just paid myself at that point just to not have to say that sentence - I mean how expensive could it have been?
Old 02-20-2018, 04:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Vicarious Dating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw View Post
I haven't dated in 18 years. Living vicariously through Keith, Andrea, and Jesse.

#metoo I've been married ten years, been with my husband 14. Keith sounds pretty smitten at the moment but I'm loving Chemda's questions. They are making me laugh so much I cry.

Paying On Dates
I would offer to pay on dates but a forensic audit of a bill by a man or them not taking the lead is a no from me. I expect my husband to pay when we go out (we share a joint account but he gets paid more even though I'm better qualified )
Keith and Archimedes_Screw like this.

Last edited by LoopyLou79; 02-21-2018 at 06:59 AM. Reason: spelling mistake sorry
Old 02-20-2018, 05:07 PM   #16 (permalink)

Keith. I'd date ya.
Keith likes this.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:08 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw View Post
I met my wife on Yahoo personals in '98. We we're internet friends for a year. Our first date was a picnic in the woods. Only I didn't bring food. I was an idiot 17 year old. Looking back that is a totally valid concern lol
"No food but I brought a knife..."
Old 02-20-2018, 06:11 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrokahn View Post
"No food but I brought a knife..."
No knife but a big box of condoms. We were both virgins. And I was a dumbfuck. Still am sometimes.
astrokahn likes this.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I voted no. The whole paying for stuff game is weird amongst platonic friends, add in gender roles in hetero normative relationships and it's a cluster. Not at all surprising there's an expectations mismatch.

I assume, this is why you date; To find someone compatible with you. She clearly wasn't.

Mrs Flerchin went hiking with me for our first date 18 years ago, so I too am living vicariously through Keith's adventures, and really don't know shit about dating.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:12 PM   #20 (permalink)

Are we all vicariously dating Keith through Ms. Psychology Doctor? He is a charming fellow.