Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should kids have smartphones in school?
Yes 17 41.46%
No 24 58.54%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree32Likes

Old 02-23-2018, 04:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

don't feel bad. i ran around in super low cut, super wide leg JNCO jeans with my thong just out and happening at everybody with silly baby tees and pig tails. i'd get ones with little charms on the front b/c, what can i say, at 16/17 i was aware of and enjoyed being jailbait. did i have cherries on my belly button ring? yeah, whores. meant it.
punk'n and Apia like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

Went to school with a sheep fucker. And a dog fucker. What do you find interesting Keith!?
Apia likes this.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I'm into sheep-fucking details if that's what you're asking.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:33 AM   #14 (permalink)

Cat called everyday on the way to school?!?!? holy shit

As a non-american when you guys had been describing cat calling stories I had always pictured just the slightly frequently or occasionally weekly, random guy in a car or a construction site yelling stuff out.

I've had conversations with female friends in Australia about how often they get cat called in Brisbane and who it's from. They said it happens like a couple times a year and it's usually derro's or drunken guys driving by in cars city or suburbs.

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 02-24-2018 at 12:37 AM.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Early Nineties

I started secondary school in the early nineties so rave culture was underway. Ecstasy was everywhere. Needless to say we we were rich brats so money was easy to come by.

Despite contraception many girls had to leave school early pregnant, the rich ones got abortions.

Everyone seems so square now and uptight.

I do think that a silent sexual revolution has taken place and the younger generation don't have any of the hang ups previous generations have.

Once these male, pale and stale proto-dictators die off the world will be a much better place. It's evident with the way those young adults are standing up to the NRA that things will change for the better.
Old 02-24-2018, 04:28 AM   #16 (permalink)

Sorry I can see your confusion, they are separate paragraphs so the two thoughts are not related. I would never conflagrate the number of abortions someone has and how cool they are. That statement better reflects the difference in life chances between girls at my school, girls who were poorer were forced to leave school those with more affluent parents could discreetly arrange abortions without interrupting there daughters school work.

One major difference between then and now is that mental health is taken much more seriously, many things were brushed under the carpet. Exposing the sexual abuse scandal is another example of this.

(As a caviat, I'm speaking from a very privileged point of view, it's just my personal opinion)
The Girl and Apia like this.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:13 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyLou79 View Post

Once these male, pale and stale proto-dictators die off the world will be a much better place. It's evident with the way those young adults are standing up to the NRA that things will change for the better.

lolwut? doubt it. the next round of male, pale, stale pro to-dictators is already happening. the kids down here have weapons, love Jesus, and two years ago they all walked out of class to have an impromptu revival in the school gym.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Keith,
You know you were sheltered, c'mon!
I know my city is in a fly-over state but in public school here, we had metal detectors starting in middle school to get in the building. Columbine didn't happen until I was in high school so we weren't worried about guns, but I saw a few knife fights amongst pre-teens. We started drinking and smoking pot around 11 yrs old. One of my friends got pregnant at 12. I was asked to get "jumped in" to a Mexican gang before I got my period.

Then I went to an all-girls private Catholic high school because my mom wanted me OUT of that and environment. I dated boys(MEN) in their 20s and left prom early to go to a rave and do ecstasy and mushrooms at the same time. And all without a phone, oh the 90s....
Old 02-24-2018, 09:51 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
Keith,
You know you were sheltered, c'mon!
I know my city is in a fly-over state but in public school here, we had metal detectors starting in middle school to get in the building. Columbine didn't happen until I was in high school so we weren't worried about guns, but I saw a few knife fights amongst pre-teens. We started drinking and smoking pot around 11 yrs old. One of my friends got pregnant at 12. I was asked to get "jumped in" to a Mexican gang before I got my period.

Then I went to an all-girls private Catholic high school because my mom wanted me OUT of that and environment. I dated boys(MEN) in their 20s and left prom early to go to a rave and do ecstasy and mushrooms at the same time. And all without a phone, oh the 90s....
I really miss the 90's Eldest daughter asked me if I'd taken drugs when I was young, I wanted to be about it but I fudged it
Old 02-24-2018, 10:53 AM   #20 (permalink)

In a few year smartphones will probably be required for homework assignments the way that laptops are now.

My high school experience was extra regular and square compared to you guys.