Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: driverless cars
Get ready for major problems 26 59.09%
It'll be smooth sailing 18 40.91%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree64Likes

Old 03-07-2018, 11:45 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw View Post
As an adoptive parent, thank you Chemda and Andrea. The form a prospective adoption fills out can be soul crushing. The list has behaviors or history that parents would accept or not. It includes things like AIDS, incest, and fire starting. For every 'no' I put down I realized that was a child who would be in the system longer or would age out.

We went with a private adoption for our youngest. She was our first. We got her at when she was 3 days old. We met her birth parents. They are incredible people and made such a difficult decision to give us Abby. I'm forever grateful for them. The day we took Abby we were with the birth parents. Everyone was crying. I had so much joy and so much sadness at the same time.

We got Katie, our oldest, when she was 4. It was through DHS. She had food hoarding issues because she wasn't fed as a baby. She still struggles with it bit it has abated for the most part. We never met her birth mom. She was 14 and couldn't meet her because she was a minor. I think Katie may have several siblings out there but who knows.

I can't imagine what it feels like to have a parent who gave me up or had the state take me away from my parents. I imagine that could create self destructive behaviors.

I just appreciate how you handled the subject. Aaaand I'm wrecked lol
In one of my classes there was a fight about the ethics of using CRISPR to get rid of genetic diseases and how that might affect adoption.

It was sad that most of the room was pretty much anti-adoption. Not in a "no one should adopt" kind of way but in a "I'd rather take my chances editing the genes of my children than adopt a kid. Cause the kid may have problems" kinda way.

If this is the common thinking, it scares me to think what the future of adoption is going to look like. Especially when people will be able to pretty much manipulate their genes to create the "perfect" baby.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Happy anniversary guys! Xoxo
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw View Post
We got Katie, our oldest, when she was 4. It was through DHS. She had food hoarding issues because she wasn't fed as a baby. She still struggles with it bit it has abated for the most part. We never met her birth mom. She was 14 and couldn't meet her because she was a minor. I think Katie may have several siblings out there but who knows.
Please tell me I'm reading this wrong. The birth mom was 10 when Katie was born? That makes me want to adopt the mom...
Old 03-07-2018, 12:02 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
Please tell me I'm reading this wrong. The birth mom was 10 when Katie was born? That makes me want to adopt the mom...
Sorry. She was 14 when she gave birth. Fucked that sentence up.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Happy anniversary! <3
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Happy anniversary!!! As a faithful listener since 2008 I'm thrilled that Keith and the Girl is still going strong.

As it's my own 10th anniversary of KATG, lately nothing tickles me more than Chemda going "that's funny" when something amusing is said. She gave so much shit to all the comedians that came in and responded with a "that's funny" that I find it hilarious and, to be honest, endearing.

I love you, you keep me company in good and bad moments, and I hope you last forever and ever and ever.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:12 AM   #17 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I started listening to KATG in summer of 2009.

Itís 2018.

Donít ever stop. What you do. Itís beyond comedy. More than laughs. Keith and Chemda. You guys are amazing.

Happy 13th Anniversary
Keith, The Girl, Apia and 1 others like this.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:31 PM   #18 (permalink)

Happy Anniversary my favorite internet radio people!

Fucking cackling for this entire episode.

Keith, I used to love reading the manuals for games on the toilet when i bought a new game. Now I read the wikia on my phone. It's fun. There's even pictures
Old 03-08-2018, 12:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Itís almost MORE fun to have to look up a fighterís moves at a site thatís not incorrect or to pause the game to read the moves on screen...

Youíre a fuckiní goofball, and this is such a weird point to pretend you like.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 04:56 PM   #20 (permalink)

Currently on my (probably) 6th listen through on the entire main show’s back catalogue.
This time I’m listening to them by binging on a single guest’s appearance.

N. D. P. A. C. Is still one of my favorite episodes. I make sure to listen to it at least once a year.

My first episode was “#567 Abuse”

The only episode I have not heard fully is episode 1.

Thanks for helping me through some of the hardest times of my life. I would not be here without you guys.

Lots of love!
-M

Last edited by Sorin Markov; 03-08-2018 at 04:58 PM.