Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you order dog if it was on the menu?
Yes 17 34.69%
No 32 65.31%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree100Likes

Old 02-14-2018, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2808: Everything’s Fine

with Tracey Carnazzo — Anxiety and weed paranoia; emetophobia; struggling with weight; an aimless Valentine’s Day; The 2018 Flu; keeping an eye on Tracey’s boyfriend; the world’s first gay Olympic figure skater; South Korea’s dog menu; Teen Mom

Guest:
Tracey Carnazzo

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

And my recent dating only moistens things up more, as women like men who are wanted.

D
R
I
You know...
Scorpion, Sparrow, Apia and 3 others like this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Obviously Tracey is the best and a well deserved Best guest winner.

But never have I loved her more than when she quickly shut down Chemdas anti-vaccination bullshit conspiracy theories.
Bucho, Scorpion, thirteen and 2 others like this.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

I peeped Keith trying to get her boyfriend out of the picture. I support it.

The chemistry is palpable.
Bucho, Scorpion and Apia like this.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Obviously Tracey is the best and a well deserved Best guest winner.

But never have I loved her more than when she quickly shut down Chemdas anti-vaccination bullshit conspiracy theories.
That's a bit harsh.
The Girl, astrokahn and Mermaid like this.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

Tracy! Awesome episode. You're damn funny. Does Mehran know you're gunnin' for Keith?
Old 02-15-2018, 04:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

This could be helpful for understanding the importance of the flu shot. I used to think I didn't need it since I'm not a child or older and I hardly get sick, but then it was explained to me that even though I am not likely to die of complications from the flu, I can still be a carrier of it and pass it on to others. So it's important to get the flu shot even if you never get sick. Even when you do get the flu shot and still get sick, it doesn't mean it's not working. It still might help prevent you from getting something that you then carry and pass on to a child, older person, or someone with a compromised immune system. You're helping to raise the protection of those more in danger.
Keith, Bucho, Lanfear and 2 others like this.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw View Post
That's a bit harsh.
Chemda is the queen of not wanting to take medicine and while that's fine for some things I just can't when it comes to anti-vaccine rhetoric.

If the message was - Hennessy researched it and I can't take the vaccine because it interferes with my condition/meds that's fair.
But don't randomly spread that vaccines don't work anyway and contain dangerous ingredients pretty please.

Last edited by Lanfear; 02-15-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Chemda is the queen of not wanting to take medicine and while that's fine for some things I just can't when it comes to anti-vaccine rhetoric.

If the message was - Hennessy researched it and I can't take the vaccine because it interferes with my condition/meds that's fair.
But don't randomly spread that vaccines don't work anyway and contain dangerous ingredients pretty please.
I wish wish wish there could be a forum in which we could talk about vaccines without the vitriol. Its very unfortunate because there is a lot of legitimate fear (and legitimacy of what is scary to you or I can be different but no less legitimate on either side) around vaccines. What happens is that people who are not comfortable with them do not have a place in which to ask questions or talk about fears (without being completely shit on as if it's the dumbest thing anyone could EVER IMAGINE) end up not getting informed and not getting their fears addressed.

When I asked my child's doctor what to look for in case a particular vaccine had adverse affects on my kid, the doctor said "Oh that won't happen." When I repeated the question three times and got the same answer, I left feeling pissed off and much more untrusting that either the doctor was lying (wtf would that benefit?) or straight up had no idea what the possible side effects could be (I mean for christ sake doctors get pamphlets for this shit how couldn't they know?) and that's scary in and of itself.

Any time the first response is to shit all over someone's decision what you're doing is A)not listening and B)making the decision that theres nothing you could possibly learn.

There are LOTS of reasons why vaccines scare people. Conspiracy and autism is a small chunk of those people.
Bucho, Shanateemanatee and Mermaid like this.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

This conversation is interesting.

I get both sides.

There seems to be a lot of distrust of science because it is not perfect. Millions of children get vaccinated each year, a handful have allergic reactions (or have some other extremely rare condition that cause an adverse reaction). That handful gets the news stories and the blog articles about the dangers of vaccines. Suddenly everyone "knows" a kid who got a shot and xyz happened to them.

Or I see a Facebook meme where someone has used Google to freak themselves out over a chemical being in something without a basic understanding of chemistry. Stuff like "Did you know the NaCl that's in your table salt is also found in Bleach!"

But also, the Tuskegee experiment and unauthorized sterilization and James Marion Sims.

So I get it. People's concerns are valid.

But I also get how exhausting it could get to be bombarded with questions based on conspiracy theories and unsubstantiated claims and WebMD all day. And not being able to adequately explain why it's all wrong cause it would take at least a basic foundation in science to understand... But the education system...

This is reason #565785 why I prefer lab work to interacting with the public.
Pintman and astrokahn like this.