Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Chemda at it again?
Yes 18 51.43%
No 17 48.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree47Likes

Old 03-09-2018, 11:00 AM   #11 (permalink)

Maybe I'm out of touch. I don't understand the the bad part of randomly finding money throughout your workday.

I gotta clean behind the toilet either way. But if today I reach behind there and find $500, today is a damn good day.

I get the "why not just leave it on the pillow" thing. But I feel like she meant she did both. Like the normal $1000 on the pillow and another $1000 sprinkled throughout the room.

And also, who the fuck wouldn't like a goddamn money scavenger hunt at work? Da fuq?

I haven't met the service worker who wouldn't want to have a day that's different than the typical mundane BS and ended with them being hundreds or thousands of dollars richer.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:25 AM   #12 (permalink)

'eh. it's weird.
Keith, Apia and Mermaid like this.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Dance for the money.

YAY! You found some more! Keep looking! You’ll never know if you got it all!

Look how I made your job fun!

No... Nothing under there...

Maybe later I’ll interrupt a movie you’re watching to surprise you with a hotdog while I make a joke about staying at the Holiday Inn for vacation.
The Girl, Sparrow, TxMama and 3 others like this.

Last edited by Keith; 03-09-2018 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:39 PM   #14 (permalink)

that's how i'm going to start tipping at restaurants. a dollar under the plate. a dollar folded in my used napkin. couple of quarters at the bottom of my drink. don't forget to check under the tableclooooooooooth!!!
Keith, The Girl, TxMama and 1 others like this.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

order a steak, eat half the steak, cut a slit in the uneaten portion, stuff $100 in there and leave it for whoever feels good about eating it like a rodent in the back.
Keith and lizsquiz like this.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:16 PM   #16 (permalink)

I get that angle if she was just standing around like an overbearing manager making sure they did their job in order to find the money.

If she literally just left the money around and then left, like people typically leave a tip then I don't get that vibe.

Like if the hotel itself did that, then I'd see the bs. But a customer leaving money around for the staff to find just doesn't give me the icky vibes it gives yall.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Did you look in the Bible? Nothing more valuable than God's Word.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:25 PM   #18 (permalink)

i'm picking up what you're putting down, Mer, but if my job entails making sure no one finds your stray pubes around, maybe don't make it cute.
Keith, The Girl, Mermaid and 1 others like this.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

If I lose a dollar, I'm out a dollar. If Chemda loses a dollar, she's out a dollar. If Chemda owes me a dollar and venmos it to the wrong person I'M out the dollar! Unless I notice I never received it and track her down, of course. But that goes back to Keith's point that it's not worth following up with someone over a dollar.
Keith likes this.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
I get that angle if she was just standing around like an overbearing manager making sure they did their job in order to find the money.

If she literally just left the money around and then left, like people typically leave a tip then I don't get that vibe.

Like if the hotel itself did that, then I'd see the bs. But a customer leaving money around for the staff to find just doesn't give me the icky vibes it gives yall.
I think if you leave it on the pillow or the desk the maid clearly knows it's for them.
If it's hidden in drawers or behind the curtain or under the bed I'd be worried that the guest lost the money and potentially will call my boss and complain especially if it's a generous tip?