Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2831: Ghosting w/ Martin Urbano (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2831-ghosting-w-martin-urbano-20964/)

Keith 03-20-2018 06:58 PM

2831: Ghosting w/ Martin Urbano
 
Stand-up and family; a self-driving carís first victim; Ray DeVitoís major car accident; Facebookís shady information selling; Shark Tank secrets; Keithís newest love and mice and poltergeist problems; the first 40 minutes of Tomb Raider reviewed; the religious I Can Only Imagine, and KATG debate going Catholic

Guest:
Martin Urbano
http://static-1.keithandthegirl.net/...in-100x100.jpg


Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Sparrow 03-20-2018 07:14 PM

if you have Spotify, click here for a good time. #fuckjams

Apia 03-21-2018 01:47 AM

I did not get this guest somehow. He seemed nice but ....

astrokahn 03-21-2018 07:37 AM

Gahhh! I saw the episode title and my worlds collided! Martin was at the same open mic I was at in Austin when I did standup for the very first time. (Although he'd been at it for much longer and was clearly committed, while I was.... drunk.) It's been so cool watching him grow as a comic and I love his shit.

He did a whole set once where he told the audience that he had been told he was good comic but never got to see his stuff since he was always onstage during the show. So he wrote out his set and pulled a woman from the audience up on stage and took her place while she read all his jokes. Only the jokes were so offensive that he started heckling her from the crowd and angrily walked out. It was a really creative set and it made me think of comedy differently.

Yay Martin! So happy you guys had him on.

Archimedes_Screw 03-21-2018 07:51 AM

I totally forgot about fuckin music. We just turn on the t.v. to drown out the noises.

Please have Martin on again! I think he'll open up more the next time.

Archimedes_Screw 03-21-2018 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astrokahn (Post 867082)
Gahhh! I saw the episode title and my worlds collided! Martin was at the same open mic I was at in Austin when I did standup for the very first time. (Although he'd been at it for much longer and was clearly committed, while I was.... drunk.) It's been so cool watching him grow as a comic and I love his shit.

He did a whole set once where he told the audience that he had been told he was good comic but never got to see his stuff since he was always onstage during the show. So he wrote out his set and pulled a woman from the audience up on stage and took her place while she read all his jokes. Only the jokes were so offensive that he started heckling her from the crowd and angrily walked out. It was a really creative set and it made me think of comedy differently.

Yay Martin! So happy you guys had him on.

Which club do you go to? As soon as we get childcare I wanna see the Austin comedy scene.

astrokahn 03-21-2018 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw (Post 867084)
Which club do you go to? As soon as we get childcare I wanna see the Austin comedy scene.

I haven't participated in any kinda comedy in forever, (assuming you don't count all my horrible mom jokes)--you live here?

Archimedes_Screw 03-21-2018 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astrokahn (Post 867085)
I haven't participated in any kinda comedy in forever, (assuming you don't count all my horrible mom jokes)--you live here?

We live in Hutto. Not cool enough to live in Austin lol

Enunciated Piffle 03-21-2018 09:18 AM

this guy is funny. Please have on again!!!

Austin, TX is pure magic. Some of the best comedy and music has come from there. If it wasnít 107 degrees there, Iím sure more would live there. Maybe the heat keeps weak fools away though. It did me lol

astrokahn 03-21-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle (Post 867087)
this guy is funny. Please have on again!!!

Austin, TX is pure magic. Some of the best comedy and music has come from there. If it wasnít 107 degrees there, Iím sure more would live there. Maybe the heat keeps weak fools away though. It did me lol

Oh believe me the billion degree heat seems to keep nobody away. This place is booooooming. Traffic like LA.

Also in case anyone is wondering, the town of Hutto has a hippo for a mascot and so hippo statues are everywhere and that is straight adorbs. Although I'm pretty sure there are no live hippos there.... but since Texas, maybe some stuffed dead ones...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger