Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2834: The Toothbrush w/ Jared Freid (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2834-toothbrush-w-jared-freid-20969/)

lizsquiz 03-26-2018 12:30 PM

I heard this quote the other day and really like it in arguments like this:

“To those who are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.”

Newsy 03-26-2018 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizsquiz (Post 867170)
I heard this quote the other day and really like it in arguments like this:

“To those who are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.”

Say it again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newsy 03-26-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joslingeneva (Post 867169)
Also why is it so much easier for me as a black women to acknowledge my class and hetero privilege. I'm so confused as to why white guys are so godamn offended. Fucking snowflakes. Yes privilege exists and we all benefit or suffer depending on our identity. Instead of whining about it, how about you fucking help. I hated him. Throw the whole comedian away.

🗑️🗑️🗑️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mermaid 03-26-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joslingeneva (Post 867168)
Save me from white dudes whose only complaint of suffering is that "hot girls don't like me" or "I'm not getting enough comedy spots". My cousin is scared to make the drive between New Orleans and Atlanta because the majority of the drive is through Mississippi and Alabama.

I've made this drive a million times.

I10-->I65-->I85-->I20

I'd say 80% of the drive is through "the black belt" of Alabama and other similar areas of Louisiana and Mississippi. So she's good if she's fine with poor rural black folks. Even the white folks she sees are likely cajun/creole (literally a place called Creola, Al) til she reaches Montgomery. They are busy cause it's crawfish season lol

Why am I writing a 2018 black travel almanac? Cause I ain't got the kind of privilege where I can ignore the demographics of the places I drive through.

But hope that's helpful. I'm a Mobilian currently living in Atlanta.

astrokahn 03-26-2018 05:13 PM

Keith

The. (clappy clappy emoji) Fucking. (clappy clappy emoji) Bible. (clappy clappy emoji)

THE PEOPLE HAVE WAITED LONG ENOUGH

bag of lazers 03-27-2018 09:53 AM

It's a good thing Chemda's the podcaster and I'm just a listener. I'd have literally kicked this guy right the fuck out of the studio. I admire her patience and skill in trying to explain to this clueless shitstack what was really coming out of his mouth.

The best he can hope for is opening for Dennis Miller at an RNC fundraiser one day. #goals

HumbleBee 03-27-2018 07:40 PM

Aw, I like him less now.

"I think there's more of a class war than a race war."

Of course you do! That's the only inequality you face! You're also disregarding the fact that, for most people, gender and/or race are linked to class.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rufio 03-27-2018 09:53 PM

The girl leaving the toothbrush is the girl keith JUST hooked up with last week for the first time?

Yea. This will end well.

flerchin 03-28-2018 08:37 PM

It seems to me that a lot of pretty women in this thread are getting upset at confronting their own privilege.

lizsquiz 03-29-2018 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flerchin (Post 867301)
It seems to me that a lot of pretty women in this thread are getting upset at confronting their own privilege.

You sit down, and you sit down right now. Sit down extra if you don't get how that's so gross and ignorant. Sit down super double extra if you knew that and this was an attempt at a troll or sarcasm.