Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2835: Who Let the Kids Out w/ Courtney Maginnis (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2835-who-let-kids-out-w-courtney-maginnis-20971/)

Michael's Servant 03-26-2018 08:00 PM

2835: Who Let the Kids Out w/ Courtney Maginnis

Explaining fashion; for the love of drinking; dealing with landlords; sex playlists; March for Our Lives and Kids vs. Politicians; Sex and the City’s Cynthia Nixon’s run for Governor of NYC

Guest:
Courtney Maginnis
http://static-2.keithandthegirl.net/...IS-100x100.png

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

joslingeneva 03-26-2018 09:37 PM

I haven't listened to this one yet. I'm hoping Keith's Samantha impression makes an appearance.

LoopyLou79 03-27-2018 02:59 AM

🐭

That line about not knowing how mice work might be one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Keith's misanthropic outlook look is hilarious :D:D:D

We had 🐭 at home, we used to kill them in traps but on one occasion they ate some corn 🌽 which we had bought and they died, so having mice might be good if you want to check your food isn't poisoned.

Beth Yaz-Pistachio 03-27-2018 06:15 AM

KIIIDS! {shakes fist} (YAY FOR THEM. SO MUCH AWESOMENESS.)

Bwahaha. Courtney is pretty great. Many amusements. Yay!

(This one was much more fun to listen to than Tone-Deaf Oh-C'mon-We-All-Have-Problems guy from yesterday.)

Sparrow 03-27-2018 06:58 AM

i like fashion b/c that's where everything begins. i pay attention, first and foremost, to pantone's color of the year b/c inevitably it ends up /everywhere/ (it's been two years, if i see another album cover in 2016's Rose Quartz and Serenity i'm gonna stab a bitch). i watch fashion weeks, beginning with Gucci always, and make notes for things i can grab and use for my own aesthetics. like, silver is overtaking gold as the metal tone du jour and i could not be more thrilled. almost as thrilled as when Chanel ran large flake glitter eyeliner and enamel pins down the runway.

i'm not well versed in manipulating fabrics, so some of the shit that gets constructed is just mind blowing. interesting silhouettes give me curiosity; big ole "how they do that's?!". and the visual storytelling!!! it's like watching history unfold. in a hundred years when someone goes to tell our tale, best believe they're checking what we wore. it defines us to future generations bruh. that kind of influence gives me panty tingles.

Sparrow 03-27-2018 07:06 AM

and like baseball, it is full of legends and stories and bigger than life characters. it's got powerful women all up in it. fuck, you like having kick ass ready to wear things? thank Gaby Aghion. it was hard to be a woman in the 50s and that bitch sent shock waves we're all still wearing.

Sparrow 03-27-2018 07:59 AM

and the craftsmanship!!! if you're not a person who can appreciate fine work done by masters fuck right off.

i've gotten too angry about this. #sorry

NazT N8 03-27-2018 09:39 AM

I'm assuming everyone sees the irony of the leaders of Humans United Against Robots advertising for bots.

Mermaid 03-27-2018 09:59 AM

I enjoy fashion. I haven't committed the time and money to developing a personal style yet tho.

I like to imagine myself one day being a bad bitch who knows her silhouettes and can afford tailoring and well made clothing.

Keith 03-27-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NazT N8 (Post 867194)
I'm assuming everyone sees the irony of the leaders of Humans United Against Robots advertising for bots.

WITH bots. Not FOR bots.

Enunciated Piffle 03-27-2018 10:45 AM

Fashion seems to be any shirt with a hood attached.

bag of lazers 03-27-2018 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 867198)
WITH bots. Not FOR bots.

That's just what a fleshtraitor would say! :eek:

Enunciated Piffle 03-27-2018 12:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I miss fashion. By fashion I mean Jncos. You could fit a 40oz in both pockets. Which seemed reasonable. Very functional.

Sparrow 03-27-2018 01:03 PM

tin foil hat: he's under the influence of the Sleep Number. it's been tracking his sleep for /years/, y'all. who knows what else it's doing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle (Post 867199)
Fashion seems to be any shirt with a hood attached.

god, i'm still fuming. fashion is forward thinking and it takes the eons of the forward thinking behind it and alludes to it over and over again lacquering this great pearl of human impulse and ingenuity. you know who makes these dumb dumb clothing choices for us? people with taste, vision, and an appreciation for history. Dear 80% of our audience: get with it.

Beth Yaz-Pistachio 03-27-2018 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 867198)
WITH bots. Not FOR bots.

HMMM.

We're watchin' you, Malley. We're watchin' you suspiciously. (Oh, wait, we're already doing that? OK, never mind. Carry on!)

Sparrow 03-27-2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle (Post 867203)
I miss fashion. By fashion I mean Jncos. You could fit a 40oz in both pockets. Which seemed reasonable. Very functional.

speaking of our human story, Y2K denim has been experiencing a resurgence and pant legs, having been skinny AF for a good while are starting to widen again. JNCO's are a reflection of our 90s fetish for the eXtreme reaching an apex. rave culture was mainstream enough to throw its practical and aesthetic choices into the hands of every dumb fucking mountain dew sucking poser in podunk everywhere.

Enunciated Piffle 03-27-2018 02:02 PM

Fashion is art. It communicates ideas.

Take my office for example. It has casual Friday. This is a time for everyone to communicate just what a total slob they truly are.

I do think fashion is underrated, under appreciated, and more important than most people think. We’re a visual animal. Facial cues are super important. Is this person a threat? Are they smiling? Clothes are super important as well. It says who you are.

Enunciated Piffle 03-27-2018 02:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When you are a parent - dressing your age is important. Fashion matters.

Keith 03-27-2018 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle (Post 867207)
Fashion is art. It communicates ideas.

It communicates ideas... that other people told you to have or you’re uncool.

Mermaid 03-27-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 867209)

Your hurt is showing.

Enunciated Piffle 03-27-2018 03:17 PM

Quote:

Are you suggesting that a pair of Kanye/ Louis Vuitton shoes are NOT worth $11,000.00 ..?

IT COMMUNICATES IDEAS KEITH

...I never said they were good ideas. Just that, you know, they were being communicated and stuff.

Sparrow 03-27-2018 04:22 PM

Quote:

let's go with that. you look disgusting. how you're not ashamed every moment of every day is a travesty. you embarrass everyone, you low class neanderthal. you want women to open their legs for you? really? looking like that? god, gross. you're not even fit to lick my heels. what the fuck are you doing? when i tell you what to wear you wear it.

Lanfear 03-28-2018 01:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
First "UN of Boobs" apartment 2011 had this lovely sign welcoming us in the lobby. We made the boys take out the garbage bags, there was no way I was opening that door.

Attachment 62090

Archimedes_Screw 03-28-2018 01:44 PM

I wear a Dickies shirt, cargo pants, and crocs with black socks. I just want to publicly say that my wife is a god damned saint.