Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2836: The Coat w/ Reena Calm (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2836-coat-w-reena-calm-20973/)

Keith 03-27-2018 09:05 PM

2836: The Coat w/ Reena Calm

Molly at a wedding; Reena's relationship updates; stating a relationship and leaving items at another's place

Guest:
Reena Calm
http://static-2.keithandthegirl.net/...NA-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Beth Yaz-Pistachio 03-28-2018 07:05 AM

Hot Toothbrush Comedy Hour!

Gah, I can't do this poll. Heh. (Somehow we need a third choice but I'm not even sure what it should be.) I do know, however, that I am immediately setting up a drawer of spare toothbrushes and fur coats. Thanks!

joslingeneva 03-28-2018 07:50 AM

Jeez Keith is freaking me out about this tooth brush. She's FUCKING you. The least you can do is let her leave a fucking tooth brush and a dumb coat.

Sparrow 03-28-2018 08:44 AM

i dunno. the toothbrush makes it feel like that's now a shared space which is a bold move so soon. it's a tiny little root and it's a power play. couldn't possibly figure out how to transport a wet tooth brush? really? maybe put down those crystals and pick up a paper towel, honey. she knew and she was waiting for Keith to say something to gauge his reaction.

thirteen 03-28-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 867226)
i dunno. the toothbrush makes it feel like that's now a shared space which is a bold move so soon. it's a tiny little root and it's a power play. couldn't possibly figure out how to transport a wet tooth brush? really? maybe put down those crystals and pick up a paper towel, honey. she knew and she was waiting for Keith to say something to gauge his reaction.

I agree with you overall. Most people are calculated about this kind of thing.

But you'd also be surprised at how clueless a lot of people are. I can imagine there are some people out there who have a legitimate brain attack when they need to deal with something like a wet toothbrush while rushing to get to work or whatever else commitment they have. They can't just multitask. So I'd give her the benefit of the doubt, unless something else presents itself.

With the fur coat she asked beforehand, but what is Keith supposed to say if he's even a little bit interested in her? No? Seems like an unnecessary discussion. And she brought in the bulky item so she shouldn't have an issue taking it out.

LoopyLou79 03-28-2018 11:20 AM

Tooth brush

Because I'd be cheesed off Keith would dump me over a toothbrush, Id eat a ton of stinky food before I came round not brush my teeth and breath all over him.

It's a toothbrush, it's a positive sign, if she curled a turd out on your living room floor you'd have to worry/talk about it.

thirteen 03-28-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoopyLou79 (Post 867230)
Because I'd be cheesed off Keith would dump me over a toothbrush, Id eat a ton of stinky food before I came round not brush my teeth and breath all over him.

It's a toothbrush, it's a positive sign, if she curled a turd out on your living room floor you'd have to worry/talk about it.

He didn't say it was dump-worthy. It's just an interesting thing to talk about.

edit: also, a fur coat is a lot larger and takes up more space. I'd be worried I was taking up someone's space in a smaller apartment and it would make me uncomfortable, unless we were clearly dating each other exclusively for some months.

Newsy 03-28-2018 11:42 AM

If someone left a toothbrush at my place, a flag would go off in my head, so to acknowledge it I would move it to a drawer, not in the same space as the "daily toothbrushes". If someone left a cost, I'd put it away and hope they got it next time.

I would hate spending life feeling like everyone is always trying to get something over on me. If I was proven wrong every time, every time I'd say "Shit, should seen the signs. Oh well, time to move on".

It's nuts how one doesn't see how much of their father they've become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith 03-28-2018 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joslingeneva (Post 867225)
Jeez Keith is freaking me out about this tooth brush. She's FUCKING you. The least you can do is let her leave a fucking tooth brush and a dumb coat.

Can she have a key? “SHE IS LETTING YOU INSIDE HER BODY, KEITH! SHE’S NOT EVEN PRE-CHECKING THE CONDOMS THAT ARE ENTERING INSIDE HER VAGINA! CAN YOU AT LEAST BE RESPECTFUL AND LET HER HAVE A KEY?!”

Is her toaster oven too much? She likes toast from those small ovens instead of a regular toaster, and I can simply put it a spare cabinet.

elvisrico69 03-28-2018 12:20 PM

To soon

Keith just got out of a marriage a toothbrush is way too soon a man's got to be cautious don't want to be tricked..just saying

Keith 03-28-2018 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newsy (Post 867232)
It's nuts how one doesn't see how much of their father they've become.

Newsy isn't out of line with this zinger. My dad HATED when women left things over at his place without acknowledging it and having to find these items himself. I think it had more to do with my mom and us 5 children, but Newsy is correct: My dad HATED it!

Like father like son.

Lanfear 03-28-2018 12:38 PM

Both of these are not a big deal overall but I do agree with Keith that they are noteworthy and slightly strange.

I would understand if she had said she simply forgot the toothbrush but "I didn't know how to transport it?" Has she ever been on vacation? Or slept over at somebody else's place? There are ways to carry around toothbrushes.

Same with the coat. Did it suddenly turn from winter to summer overnight? Did she carry a second coat or is she now running around NYC freezing? Will it be less annoying to have to carry two coats home next time she comes over?

Newsy 03-28-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 867235)
Newsy isn't out of line with this zinger. My dad HATED when women left things over at his place without acknowledging it and having to find these items himself. I think it had more to do with my mom and us 5 children, but Newsy is correct: My dad HATED it!

Like father like son.

🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enunciated Piffle 03-28-2018 01:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When I think of a woman leaving an uninvited toothbrush I think of the B word - brazen.

The whole ordeal could have been avoided at a cost of 0.99 cent toothbrush travel case. Also what is up with that furry coat? It’s roughly the size of an adult llama, shoved in his personal space.

The math is simple. Coat + T. Brush = 82 open drawers.

Keith 03-28-2018 01:17 PM

That’s true. Toothbrush is still here. Without a travel case.

If it wasn’t “deliberately” left the first time, was it the second time?

Enunciated Piffle 03-28-2018 01:25 PM

I just pray the toothbrush is not electric. Omg. If she plugged that thing in and left it...

End times. Cuz then she’s sneaking on to the power bill, (which seems great at first) but then she’s got a house key, you come home and the lights are on and she’s standing there with a ring in her hand. “Hey I found this ring. Why don’t you try it on?”

Horror movies are less scary. All from the extrapolation and implication of a single toothbrush. Look. Hygiene is important. Just not at the cost of personal freedom.

Keith 03-28-2018 01:30 PM

Only cause you brought it up: it happens to be electric but it’s broken.

Archimedes_Screw 03-28-2018 01:38 PM

There seems to be so much mind fucking when it comes to dating. Damn. Good luck Keith.

Mermaid 03-28-2018 01:38 PM

Space is an issue? For a toothbrush and a coat?

NYC apartments must be super tiny.

My gentleman caller left his shampoo in the shower once. Should I be worried?

Maybe leaving things at people's apartments you frequently spend the night over is more uncommon than I thought.

It may be a southern thing but it's not uncommon for people to have extra toothbrushes/towels/tampons/etc at their place. Even single men.

Enunciated Piffle 03-28-2018 01:56 PM

On a more serious note.

I think it is somewhat disrespectful/ not good manners to leave stuff in the beginning hook up stage. Especially a toothbrush. It assumes too much.

Keith 03-28-2018 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mermaid (Post 867243)
Space is an issue? For a toothbrush and a coat?

NYC apartments must be super tiny.

My gentleman caller left his shampoo in the shower once. Should I be worried?

Maybe leaving things at people's apartments you frequently spend the night over is more uncommon than I thought.

It may be a southern thing but it's not uncommon for people to have extra toothbrushes/towels/tampons/etc at their place. Even single men.

I have Pamprin in my medicine drawer. That has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

You're saying you were seeing a guy for a week and then, SURPRISE, one day you noticed he left his shampoo in your shower without telling you?

C'mon nah...

lizsquiz 03-28-2018 02:14 PM

The toothbrush I'm ok with. Maybe it's a power play, maybe it's an accident, whatever. It carries some kind of weight with it but at the end of the day it's like a $3 toothbrush. $5 if she's extra fancy.

The coat, though. That shit is presumptuous. She's written herself an invitation back. What the fuck are you meant to do with that if shit gets weird? Which it could, because you're not talking. A toothbrush is easy to toss.

Also, let's not conflate any of this argument with the argument about what is and isn't cool to say on the show. They're totally separate issues.

Mermaid 03-28-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 867247)
I have Pamprin in my medicine drawer. That has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

You're saying you were seeing a guy for a week and then, SURPRISE, one day you noticed he left his shampoo in your shower without telling you?

C'mon nah...

"oh look he forgot his shampoo"

Not

"what does this mean for us?"

Keith 03-28-2018 02:32 PM

Did he sneak a shower when you weren't looking with his shampoo?

Mermaid 03-28-2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 867250)
Did he sneak a shower when you weren't looking with his shampoo?

Why would he have to sneak a shower?

Do you have a "no shower" rule?

Keith 03-28-2018 02:53 PM

You know your situation isn't close to mine, that's why you keep leaving out the details.

Behave.

LoopyLou79 03-28-2018 03:04 PM

This

Quote:

Originally Posted by joslingeneva (Post 867225)

This *1000000

LoopyLou79 03-28-2018 03:11 PM

The only logical response.

The only thing Keith can do now is clean his bum with the toothbrush and burn the coat live on Instagram.

Women we bring it on ourself with our need for warmth and fresh breath :rolleyes:

Sparrow 03-28-2018 03:15 PM

it's been a week. can we not expect there to be at least a little while where we're hiding some of the strings?

LoopyLou79 03-28-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 867256)
I don't know. It's the toothbrush, the coat, then a pair of boots, a coffeemaker, some plates, a bike, some underwear, socks, maybe some candles, a picture of hers, maybe she gets some mail delivered there, all without a talk.
And Keith gets a new roomsmate without noticing.

I don't know.

I hope she fills his apartment with candles :D If it was me I'd definitely get mail Redirected to his address.

I'm a prude or old fashioned but if Im having sex with you, I get to leave my stuff at your place.

Mermaid 03-28-2018 03:16 PM

I have a collection of items men I'll never see again have left in my apartment/dorm/car. Whether they actually spent the night or not. Scarves, shoes, brushes, razors, sweatshirt, pants, etc. I usually just throw it out or donate it if I haven't seen or talked to them in months. Except the scarf... The scarf is nice.

People don't only leave things when they spend the night cause they have an ulterior motive.

I wouldn't be surprised if she has a toothbrush at all the men's/women's houses she spends the night. Cause that just sounds efficient to me lol

Keith 03-28-2018 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoopyLou79 (Post 867259)
I hope she fills his apartment with candles :D If it was me I'd definitely get mail Redirected to his address.

I'm a prude or old fashioned but if Im having sex with you, I get to leave my stuff at your place.

Since you're taking this so personal, why not explain why you didn't ask or acknowledge that you were going to leave things at a person's house first?

Keith 03-28-2018 03:25 PM

Socks? That's nothing. Mermaid collects shoes and pants in the first week!

Mermaid 03-28-2018 03:27 PM

I feel like the cute "I don't wanna talk about where this is going" thing only counts when you aren't having sex.

If we are fucking I need to know exactly where everyone's head is at.

Anything else just seems like a dangerous game to play.

Mermaid 03-28-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 867265)
Socks? That's nothing. Mermaid collects shoes and pants in the first week!

Pimping ain't easy.

Keith 03-28-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mermaid (Post 867266)
I feel like the cute "I don't wanna talk about where this is going" thing only counts when you aren't having sex.

If we are fucking I need to know exactly where everyone's head is at.

Anything else just seems like a dangerous game to play.

Well look at that. Who knew your situation would be totally and completely different?

Aye yie yie...

Mermaid 03-28-2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 867268)
Hm. Do they bring a spare pair ? Or leave without?

Shoes are tricky. You need to find a man with exactly the same size of feet to reuse them. I hate waste.

It's really common for black men to wear a pair of shorts underneath their pants. They get hot or want to get comfortable. They take off the pants but are still fully dress.

Spare shoes in the car. Usually Nike slides. Might have had sneakers for the date or event but changed into the slides to chill later on alone. Usually leave in sneakers with plans to come back for the slides after work or class or something.

Shorts + slides = Netflix and chill attire

Mermaid 03-28-2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 867269)
Well look at that. Who knew your situation would be totally and completely different?

Aye yie yie...

The only difference is that I am willing to ask the person I'm fucking directly what their intentions are.

I don't try to hide behind jokes and passive aggressive statements.

If I can fuck em then I can ask them a direct question.

LoopyLou79 03-28-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 867263)
Since you're taking this so personal, why not explain why you didn't ask or acknowledge that you were going to leave things at a person's house first?

Well it just seems to me that getting your knickers in a twist over a toothbrush or coat is a great way to mess up a relationship before it even starts.

What's the worst that can happen? You're compatible and you live happily ever after, you have sex but nothing comes of it, she takes home her stuff or you chuck it out.

If this is about protecting your feelings then that's something you need to sort out. Why sleep with someone if you don't want some sort of relationship?

FingerLakes 03-28-2018 03:54 PM

with andrea. Since she asked to leave the coat beforehand and Keith didn't give a hard no thats where it moves to being Keith's issue that he didn't own up to in the moment.