Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2839: Gilbert w/ Gilbert Gottfried (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2839-gilbert-w-gilbert-gottfried-20979/)

Keith 04-02-2018 08:13 PM

2839: Gilbert w/ Gilbert Gottfried

Gilbert, the documentary; next-level frugalness and feeling like an imposter; addiction; celebrity fun facts; war reenactors; Japanese tsunami Twitter jokes and so-called comedian friends; racist actors and closeted performers; Drake’s God’s Plan; sitcom hijinx

Guest:
Gilbert Gottfried
http://static-3.keithandthegirl.net/...ed-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Enunciated Piffle 04-02-2018 09:21 PM

Is celebrating April Fools Day on April 2nd Illegal?

Ya got me.

I’m on minute 35. Almost positive Gilbert is not making an appearance. I’m beginning to think he may have been on Keith’s bus that flipped over.

Keith 04-02-2018 09:39 PM

It’s switched out. Thanks for writing!

Sparrow 04-03-2018 08:27 AM

gaaaaaaaah, i love when Gilbert's on. what an adorable person. love love love love love

ya know, the woman who taught me how to Puppet, on the first project we worked on together, she handed me an x-acto blade and told me i would /always/ feel like a fraud. that rang a bell in my soul so loud. it stayed with me b/c it's remained true and so i don't worry about it anymore. it's everyone. we're all just bumbling around making shit up and pretending like we're not and we totally belong. it's gone a long way with my never again being intimidated in rooms full of amazing people.

sievo 04-03-2018 09:41 AM

Yay, Gilbert! This is what I'm grateful for today!

Archimedes_Screw 04-03-2018 09:56 AM

My brothers did civil war reenactments. They're a little bat shit in a loving way and definitely no more bat shit than I am. You ain't lived until you accidentally hot load a kentucky long rifle. Damn.

Archimedes_Screw 04-03-2018 09:58 AM

It's everything in me not to refer to Andrea as the extra person on her posts.

Enunciated Piffle 04-03-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw (Post 867428)
You ain't lived until you accidentally hot load a kentucky long rifle. Damn.

So, Involuntary Manslaughter? Or just scaring the shit out of everybody?

I feel like Southerners are dumb in that they reenact lost wars. But Northerners are almost more dumb cuz they’re stockpiling and training for a war that will never happen. Cuz militias.

Archimedes_Screw 04-03-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle (Post 867430)

I feel like Southerners are dumb in that they reenact lost wars. But Northerners are almost more dumb cuz they’re stockpiling and training for a war that will never happen. Cuz militias.

A war movie is just a reenactment with a camera. It's about learning detailed history of the times. You can watch a Ken Burns doc but you'd learn way more visiting a reenactment. Sure, there are people trying to relive tje glory days of the confederacy but most are interested in the history. As far as the militias are concerned they aren't training with muzzle loaders

Archimedes_Screw 04-03-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle (Post 867430)

Which state do you live in? You should check out a reenactment.

Enunciated Piffle 04-03-2018 11:02 AM

Born in MI. Living in MT. I’m a Northern boy who grew up thinking militias are crazy and war reenactments are ridiculous.

But you’re saying history. Ok.

I’ve seen Apocalypse Now and Saving Private Ryan both a dozen times. I feel like I’m good. I’ve never shot a muzzle loader though. Seems like something I could do at a gun range tho.

llahekaj 04-03-2018 01:52 PM

Gilbert is fun, i like the fact he says whatever the fuck he wants.

And his laugh ....

bag of lazers 04-03-2018 02:32 PM

I had an uncle that used to be into the whole re-enactment thing when I was a kid. There was a lot of creepy racism involved, and looking back now I find it pretty appalling.

I'm pretty sure that there are people up north who are into it as history buffs, but it's a bit different way down here. I recommend the book Confederates In The Attic if anyone's interested.

astrokahn 04-03-2018 05:07 PM

That fn cackle, dear god that cracks me up

Beth Yaz-Pistachio 04-03-2018 07:14 PM

Such a good episode!

Gilbert! I kinda love Gilbert. Wish I would have caught this one on video. {grin}

Also, curious if he ever mentioned/explained (to you in private, obv. not on the show) what Frank's annoying attitude was about, that week. (Although maybe that was already decided. Heh.)

Also, too, also, that last little bit where Gilbert starts to go off and Chemda just goes "Nope, nope, nope, NOPE." AHAHAHAHAAAA.

Mermaid 04-03-2018 08:00 PM

*sigh*

The microaggressions like the ones in this episode are what's gonna add up to me getting congestive heart failure one day.

The sneak attack on my humanity in the end.. Very cute.

But yay a celebrity or whatever

thirteen 04-03-2018 10:28 PM

I started listening to this episode, then watched Gilbert's documentary as soon as you mentioned it, then finished this episode. Perfect evening.

Enunciated Piffle 04-07-2018 11:40 AM

My Opening Line

There’s something hilarious about seeing “Gilbert Gottfried’s First Time” in your podcast feed.

Can

You

Imagine?

Gilberts a total weirdo and I love that about him. But it’s like. It’s like I gotta coffee up and mentally prepare for that ridiculous voice. How in the world, does the female clitoris - prepare? Does his wife watch old Police Academy and knock one out to Bobcat Goldthwait?

“The great thing about your voice is you can never tell if you’re nervous.”

Nothing about Gilbert makes sense. His wife, his kid, his career, his success. He’s complete and total absurdity. Love it.

LoopyLou79 04-08-2018 09:39 AM

Reenactors

The thing about when I talk to reenactors is you can have a perfectly good conversation with them up until the point where the conversation takes a dark turn. Without fail the conversations eventually turn towards casual misogyny, racism or xenophobia of some kind and you wish you hadn't spoken to them. I like learning about history so will indulged in idle chat which invariably leaves me look for a quick exit when this is misinterpreted as a come-on or because I'm white a chance to indulge in some xenophobia :(

Scorpion 04-12-2018 08:35 AM

When is Frank coming back?

Keith 04-12-2018 12:07 PM

Right?

Bucho 11-14-2019 02:24 AM

Massive interview with Gilbert in Vulture from last week

https://www.vulture.com/2019/11/come...ive-humor.html