Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is DMX in jail?
Yes 28 93.33%
No 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree98Likes

Old 04-05-2018, 03:30 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
When Tracey says "FREE DMX" I couldn't agree more.

Just don't free him around airports. Or cars. OR crack. Cuz otherwise he's perfectly fine. Unless a photo of DMX drop-kicking a pitbull surfaces, DMX 'Ruff Rydas Anthem stays on the gym mix. That song is adrenaline.

Mermaid, I think you spoil some valid arguments with your quote here. It's just common sense, when you are a celebrity, not to do anything unlawful. Look at Willie Nelson. He's a white country singer FROM Texas. He was arrested IN Texas. Cops there don't like weed. He was vocal about breaking the law. His tour bus was pulled over.

Shepard Fairey, (the prolific street artist who did Obama Hope/ 2008 Campaign poster) was arrested in Boston. He was invited there by a Boston museum to do a showing. Nine Boston 'Vandal/ Graffiti' Detectives immediately arrested him. He was charged with 32 felonies.

Again. Common sense. If you're in the spotlight - watch out. It's slippy.
Yes, and white people also get shot by the police.

Doesn't change that there is an obvious difference in treatment between groups.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 03:31 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
DMX is rich. Affording bail, an attorney, and huge fines is exactly why I have zero sympathy for his situation. Also isn't Corporate Welfare/ avoiding taxes a ginormous problem in our country? How is letting DMX, (an incredibly wealthy entertainer) off the hook any different?

"He's a rapper. He's profiled."

Get real. He's a mess and he's famous.
What does being a mess and famous have to do with him being violent?

Who said anything about letting him off the hook for tax evasion?

Are being a mess and being profiled mutually exclusive circumstances? Why can't it be both?

Last edited by Mermaid; 04-05-2018 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:40 PM   #23 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I actually agree with you. His lyrics are violent. His crimes, (like animal abuse and robbery) would indicate violence, but he's never been charged.

DMX smoked crack, did oxycontin, and tried to steal a car, (at an airport) while impersonating a federal agent.

He's a mess. He needs help.
Apia and Mermaid like this.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:46 PM   #24 (permalink)

He's needed help for a very long time.

It's kind of just an accepted thing at this point.
Like Bobby and Whitney.
Apia likes this.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
Profiling is real.

But do you.
Poor DMX and a website dedicated to if he’s in jail or not that makes sense cause of all the profiling.

Mermaid. C’mon now. You don’t need to be silly with this one. You’ll have other points.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:18 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
The robbery charges were dropped cause the accuser couldn't identify DMX on the security footage.

The animal abuse charges are because the caretaker he hired to care for the dogs while he was on tour didn't feed and water the dogs like they were supposed to.

Having a record doesn't make one violent.
Yeeeeeeah

And then he himself pled guilty to dogfighting charges and was banned from owning any more animals. He also had to pay $15k to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

"The indictment came after reports that dogs were being abused on his property in August led authorities to search his home, where they seized 12 pit bulls and found the bodies of three others buried on his property. I can’t say that I’m all that shocked about this arrest, given that DMX has used his music to glorify dogfighting in songs like “Dog Match”, where he talks about how his dogs “love to fight” (which is eerily reminiscent of all those folks who’ve been claiming that horses “love to race” in the wake of Eight Belles’ death at the Kentucky Derby).
We’ve contacted the prosecutor in this case asking him to ensure that, if DMX is convicted, he’s given the maximum jail sentence, a ban on owning animals, and mandatory psychiatric counseling. "

But yeah prolly it was his caretaker just being lazy
Old 04-05-2018, 05:28 PM   #27 (permalink)

Also are we ignoring that he had 3 separate animal abuse arrests?

and was it that same shitty caretaker that was responsible for handling $400k in child support he didn't pay? Eesh
Old 04-05-2018, 05:52 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Poor DMX and a website dedicated to if he’s in jail or not that makes sense cause of all the profiling.

Mermaid. C’mon now. You don’t need to be silly with this one. You’ll have other points.
I mean if it feels safer to stick to the caricature of him you have in your head that's fine.

The brute caricature is a tried and true one.

It's hard to convince most people that discrimination also happens to people who aren't perfect. It's even harder to convince them that it's like that by design. Unperfect people are targeted the most.

Getting stuck in the system is real. It happens to millions of people. It's hard to get out of. Especially when you have mental health problems.

You watched 13th then a year later decided you didn't like being woke anymore lol
Old 04-05-2018, 05:57 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrokahn View Post
Yeeeeeeah

And then he himself pled guilty to dogfighting charges and was banned from owning any more animals. He also had to pay $15k to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

"The indictment came after reports that dogs were being abused on his property in August led authorities to search his home, where they seized 12 pit bulls and found the bodies of three others buried on his property. I can’t say that I’m all that shocked about this arrest, given that DMX has used his music to glorify dogfighting in songs like “Dog Match”, where he talks about how his dogs “love to fight” (which is eerily reminiscent of all those folks who’ve been claiming that horses “love to race” in the wake of Eight Belles’ death at the Kentucky Derby).
We’ve contacted the prosecutor in this case asking him to ensure that, if DMX is convicted, he’s given the maximum jail sentence, a ban on owning animals, and mandatory psychiatric counseling. "

But yeah prolly it was his caretaker just being lazy
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/dmx-dog-fighting/

There ya go boo.

The other times are true. I hope.

None of the legitimate news sites actually mention dogfighting.

I could see it tho.

But I also don't think it means he is violent.

Came back to add:

Lmbo looks like the author copied from a CNN article where the literal next sentence is about there not being evidence of dog fighting.

"In August, deputies raided DMX's home and seized 12 pit bulls and pit bull mixes after receiving a report that the animals were being abused. No arrests were made at the time; authorities said that some of the dogs had apparently not been fed or watered but that there was no evidence of dogfighting"

Last edited by Mermaid; 04-05-2018 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:48 PM   #30 (permalink)

He pled guilty! He himself paid the fines!

Why in the world are you defending this shitbag?