Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you think Michelle Wolf was too harsh at the White House Correspondents Dinner?
Yes 0 0%
No 43 100.00%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree30Likes

Old 05-08-2018, 02:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyLou79 View Post
Sorry Bert but you didn’t people please me.

I really tried but he came across as the worst kind of misogynist to me. Not interesting at all, disrespectful attitudes towards women. He’s going to be supporting quite a few therapists with their mortgages in the years to come.
Agreed. Worst guest. I've listened to every show, this is the first one I can't finish.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Yaz-Pistachio View Post
Mostly, I really like Bert a lot! (Also like Tom Segura a lot. Rogan is sometimes....a little difficult to deal with. Hm.) !
I fell the same with Rogan. I used to love him when he was a stand up comedian but the whole pro conspiracy/infowars/red pill stuff is really hard to swallow no matter how many times i tell myself he does it for showmanship reasons
Old 05-09-2018, 09:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Sorry Bert but you didn’t people please me.

I really tried but he came across as the worst kind of misogynist to me. Not interesting at all, disrespectful attitudes towards women. He’s going to be supporting quite a few therapists with their mortgages in the years to come.
His story about calling the therapist a cunt was terrible. I can't believe the ego on some men. He really believed the therapist found him irresistible.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslingeneva View Post
His story about calling the therapist a cunt was terrible. I can't believe the ego on some men. He really believed the therapist found him irresistible.
right? the whole "I have LOTS of problems" thing. ok but are you working on those or ... oh

like I get it. be trash.

but be FUNNY trash.

this a hole is just trash. I can do that myself, I don't need him for that.

I give him 5 dirty buttholes out of 5. womp womp
Old 05-10-2018, 03:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I found Burt to be a great performer on this episode. I paused it halfway through, thinking I wasn't going to be able to listen to it, but I tried again and really enjoyed it.

Not knowing anything about L.A., Burt seemed like a classic L.A. guy. I felt like he was performing every second, never letting his guard down. He said a lot of personal stuff but it didn't feel personal, if that makes any sense. The whole thing felt polished, not natural, not spontaneous. Plus he didn't let Keith and Chemda talk.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:15 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesiac View Post
I found Burt to be a great performer on this episode. I paused it halfway through, thinking I wasn't going to be able to listen to it, but I tried again and really enjoyed it.

Not knowing anything about L.A., Burt seemed like a classic L.A. guy. I felt like he was performing every second, never letting his guard down. He said a lot of personal stuff but it didn't feel personal, if that makes any sense. The whole thing felt polished, not natural, not spontaneous. Plus he didn't let Keith and Chemda talk.
He does enjoy his attention. Heh. (But I see that it really rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. I had to laugh about "worst guest ever", though, because um, really? Even recently?)

I still like some of Bert's podcasts and some of his standup comedy. He needs to be matched up with people who know him slightly better, or else don't have any trouble leaping on him on for the bullshit that he even knows is bullshit but still spins anyway.

I really wish they'd have had either Tom Segura, or LeeAnn (Bert's wife) on with him. We'd have all heard some better smackdowns to accompany the bluster (and of course the humor). {grin}
Old 05-11-2018, 02:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Frump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Yaz-Pistachio View Post
Heh. I've listened to quite a few of his Bertcasts in the past, and he really is basically a good guy. He does definitely have some downfalls, but he is mostly aware of them, and tries pretty hard to call himself on some of his own shit.

(I also like much of his standup comedy.)

One of my fave things he does when he travels for dates is to take up a collection from the audience and give the resulting wad of cash (often hundreds of $$) to someone on the wait-staff that night.

Also, his wife LuAnne (unsure of spelling) is fucking awesome (she just started her own podcast recently, as well), and he has two daughters who are also pretty awesome.

He really didn't come across well to me, I think he lost me when he described his therapist as a frump, it disgusted me to hear someone talk about a women in that way. For me that was too domineering and came across as being sexually aggressive. The story was unnecessary and not something to boast about in public.

I cannot comment on his private life because he might be different at home. I'll see if I can see any clips on YouTube that might change my mind and have a listen to the podcast.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:32 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
He really didn't come across well to me, I think he lost me when he described his therapist as a frump, it disgusted me to hear someone talk about a women in that way. For me that was too domineering and came across as being sexually aggressive. The story was unnecessary and not something to boast about in public.

I cannot comment on his private life because he might be different at home. I'll see if I can see any clips on YouTube that might change my mind and have a listen to the podcast.
Yeah, someone to go "oh, for fuck's sake, Bert" would've been helpful right there. I wasn't pleased with that bit either. (Also, I called his wife by the wrong name. She's LeeAnn, not LuAnne, and she is spectacular.)
LoopyLou79 likes this.