Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you see your parent(s) in yourself?
Yes 29 87.88%
No 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree50Likes

Old 05-09-2018, 10:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2859: The Bitter Buddha w/ Eddie Pepitone

Absurdism; L.A.'s style vs. NYC's grit; sober Eddie; vapid social media posts; Dr. Doolittle; Eddie's parents; how men and women express feelings; Carnival Cruise Line floods; Gary Busey: Pet Judge; Melania Trump's Be Best program

Guest:
Eddie Pepitone

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

A++++++ fucking hilarious, well done. Eddie's laugh, my goodness so contagious.
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 1 others like this.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I love Eddie. He’s such a contradiction. There’s nothing “zen” about him. He’s SO angry! He’s the type who’d yell at you for looking at his cat wrong. I think he likes the idea of Buddhism but is too stressed/ agitated to really enjoy its tenets.

Eddie will also announce he’s vegan. Looking at him, I’m guessing a lot of cheese is involved. Like he’s vegan but eats cheese. A lot of cheese. Possibly some chicken. That kind of vegan.

His voice/ laugh is tremendous. Pixar and any voice work animation should be throwing millions at him. So fun to listen to.
Keith and Beth Yaz-Pistachio like this.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Gym Time

“Are you on the wall? One of their success stories?” - Keith

Well. No. I’m still the before picture. -Eddie

Oh wow. Looking at Eddie in show notes. It looks like he’s lost a lot of weight. He used to be shaped like a Buddha. Good for him.
Keith and Bucho like this.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 05-10-2018 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Maybe Eddie went to gym physically and not just in his mind
Old 05-10-2018, 02:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Communication men v women

Hit the nail on the head with this one

I get pissed off when I raise a problem which I just want to get off my chest and my husband provides me with a solution to the problem, but misses the wider point that I need to discuss the problem. I’ve probsbly already got a solution.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

THEN LET US KNOW YOU ALSO HAVE A SOLUTION, LIAR!

Can you imagine if you told someone your problem, and later you find out that they had the solution you needed, but they kept it to themselves in case it wasn't their place to say?

"Maybe she didn't want to solve the problem," or: "I'll assume she is keeping the solution a secret and already has it."

I can only speak for me, I suppose, so just so you know: I always want the solution please.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

The whole point of asking a question- is to get an answer.

I think a lot of problems could be avoided if you intro with, “Hey can I just vent a minute?” Otherwise you’re confusing your man. You’re asking for input and problem solving - only to ignore, (or worse) become bewildered as to our response.

Small talk. Venting. Asking questions. These are all distinctly different things. Just a prelude or heads up as to which one you are going with helps.

Thank you!!!
Keith and Archimedes_Screw like this.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

This episode was great. Enjoyed this bloke.

His laugh.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
The whole point of asking a question- is to get an answer.

I think a lot of problems could be avoided if you intro with, “Hey can I just vent a minute?” Otherwise you’re confusing your man. You’re asking for input and problem solving - only to ignore, (or worse) become bewildered as to our response.

Small talk. Venting. Asking questions. These are all distinctly different things. Just a prelude or heads up as to which one you are going with helps.

Thank you!!!
Here's how I avoid all confusion:

"Shit's about to fall out of my mouth, I don't need a solution, I just need you to say "yeah, fuck that guy!.'"

I mean bc really how often does anyone actually need advice? We mostly know what to do in a situation, we just wanna yap about it a bit and get some motivational "fuck yeah!'s
Old 05-10-2018, 06:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Eddie, I love that you feed the squirrels. And that you care that the dogs chase and kill them. I also love that you're vegan. A lot of shit gets thrown around for just trying to make a compassionate choice in life and I really appreciate that you are making the effort to minimize fear and pain and suffering. Keep fighting the good fight... or peacing the good peace for TOLLLLAYYYY.

(Oh and PS the guy driving the truck can't turn off the beep, it's a built in deal that is automatic when the truck backs up.)
The Girl, NilFC and Apia like this.