Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2859: The Bitter Buddha w/ Eddie Pepitone (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2859-bitter-buddha-w-eddie-pepitone-21023/)

Michael's Servant 05-09-2018 10:59 PM

2859: The Bitter Buddha w/ Eddie Pepitone

Absurdism; L.A.'s style vs. NYC's grit; sober Eddie; vapid social media posts; Dr. Doolittle; Eddie's parents; how men and women express feelings; Carnival Cruise Line floods; Gary Busey: Pet Judge; Melania Trump's Be Best program

Guest:
Eddie Pepitone
http://static-1.keithandthegirl.net/...ne-100x100.png

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Rexan 05-10-2018 02:29 AM

A++++++ fucking hilarious, well done. Eddie's laugh, my goodness so contagious.

Enunciated Piffle 05-10-2018 10:09 AM

I love Eddie. He’s such a contradiction. There’s nothing “zen” about him. He’s SO angry! He’s the type who’d yell at you for looking at his cat wrong. I think he likes the idea of Buddhism but is too stressed/ agitated to really enjoy its tenets.

Eddie will also announce he’s vegan. Looking at him, I’m guessing a lot of cheese is involved. Like he’s vegan but eats cheese. A lot of cheese. Possibly some chicken. That kind of vegan.

His voice/ laugh is tremendous. Pixar and any voice work animation should be throwing millions at him. So fun to listen to.

Enunciated Piffle 05-10-2018 10:16 AM

Gym Time

“Are you on the wall? One of their success stories?” - Keith

Well. No. I’m still the before picture. -Eddie

:D :D :D

Oh wow. Looking at Eddie in show notes. It looks like he’s lost a lot of weight. He used to be shaped like a Buddha. Good for him.

LoopyLou79 05-10-2018 02:16 PM

Communication men v women

Hit the nail on the head with this one

I get pissed off when I raise a problem which I just want to get off my chest and my husband provides me with a solution to the problem, but misses the wider point that I need to discuss the problem. I’ve probsbly already got a solution.

Keith 05-10-2018 02:21 PM

THEN LET US KNOW YOU ALSO HAVE A SOLUTION, LIAR!

Can you imagine if you told someone your problem, and later you find out that they had the solution you needed, but they kept it to themselves in case it wasn't their place to say?

"Maybe she didn't want to solve the problem," or: "I'll assume she is keeping the solution a secret and already has it."

I can only speak for me, I suppose, so just so you know: I always want the solution please.

Enunciated Piffle 05-10-2018 03:10 PM

The whole point of asking a question- is to get an answer.

I think a lot of problems could be avoided if you intro with, “Hey can I just vent a minute?” Otherwise you’re confusing your man. You’re asking for input and problem solving - only to ignore, (or worse) become bewildered as to our response.

Small talk. Venting. Asking questions. These are all distinctly different things. Just a prelude or heads up as to which one you are going with helps.

Thank you!!! :)

llahekaj 05-10-2018 04:02 PM

This episode was great. Enjoyed this bloke.

His laugh. :D

astrokahn 05-10-2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle (Post 868175)
The whole point of asking a question- is to get an answer.

I think a lot of problems could be avoided if you intro with, “Hey can I just vent a minute?” Otherwise you’re confusing your man. You’re asking for input and problem solving - only to ignore, (or worse) become bewildered as to our response.

Small talk. Venting. Asking questions. These are all distinctly different things. Just a prelude or heads up as to which one you are going with helps.

Thank you!!! :)

Here's how I avoid all confusion:

"Shit's about to fall out of my mouth, I don't need a solution, I just need you to say "yeah, fuck that guy!.'"

I mean bc really how often does anyone actually need advice? We mostly know what to do in a situation, we just wanna yap about it a bit and get some motivational "fuck yeah!'s

astrokahn 05-10-2018 06:53 PM

Eddie, I love that you feed the squirrels. And that you care that the dogs chase and kill them. I also love that you're vegan. A lot of shit gets thrown around for just trying to make a compassionate choice in life and I really appreciate that you are making the effort to minimize fear and pain and suffering. Keep fighting the good fight... or peacing the good peace for TOLLLLAYYYY.

(Oh and PS the guy driving the truck can't turn off the beep, it's a built in deal that is automatic when the truck backs up.)