Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 06-14-2006, 12:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rockah
That AOL guy was totally out of control, but having been a telemarketer before, anytime you do customer service via phone there are all sorts of protocols you HAVE to follow no matter how shitty a human being you have to be.
They tell you to tell the customer to (And this is a quote) "then pay your fucking bills!"?

That happened to my wife when we were both unemployed.

As for the nails, you think they might be press-ons?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

i took the "advanced" engligh class in 9th grade. we had such bullshit assignments as writing what happened one day in our life. i blatantly plagiarized the simpsons ["i was driving home from the nuclear power plant one day when i saw my son bart at the kwik-e-mart.."] because the assignment was bs. i expected to get a 0 or something on it.

the teacher thought it was the most brilliant thing ever and told the rest of the teachers about me. that was the height of our relationship that year. the rest of the year she sent me to the vice principals office every other day because she was having an affair with him.

his office was next to the class and shed send me there for nothing that anyone could figure out, then come to tell me i could go back but she would stick around. shed come back later, sometimes with chalk palm prints on her ass and more than once with her skirt tucked into her panty hose.

my sisters boyfriend worked for her husband and once he came to visit her during my class. that was a sweet moment. but anywho, teachers and their dumbass assignments... what other job do you immediate get put with 30 underlings and no supervision? no wonder theyre a mess.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooda
It's funny, because even though I'm in my early twenties, and not living in New York, I can relate and comprehend a lot of the stuff and Keith and Chemda talk about.

I guess the main thing is that Australia, from what it looks like, is not all that different.
Well ofcause people are assholes everywhere and so on. But having grown up with (i guess) normal parents, in the suburbs of copenhagen. And now in business school (KATG is right there is alot of bullshit in school) i just feel like our lifes are kind of different.
But that is why i listen, i love hearing their stories and the humor is the best.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:43 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianward81

Another AOL story

It's your card, your credit, but you can't cancel an AOL account you make for others, even if the member is dead. A taped phone cancellation proves it...

My neighbor had to go through a similar situation with our local cable company. His daughter had died in a freak accident--she was driving behind a garbage truck on a highway and an improperly installed bolt flew off the truck and went right through her body like a bullet. He was trying to take care of her personal business and the assholes at the cable company refused to cancel her expensive cable package. I think he actually had to get a lawyer on their behinds.

Regarding AOL, I had a co-worker tell me that he uses their stubborn refusal to cancel accounts to his advantage. They used to have some sort of incentive in place where they would offer you some free hours in order to convince you to stay. Somehow he had it figured out so that every other month he just had to call in and try to cancel so he'd get a month free. I don't know if they offer those sorts of incentives anymore though. This was a couple of years ago. It's not worth joining if you don't have an account though. Just a way to fuck with them if you can't get them to let you out.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

we had free aol and prodigy my entire childhood. every month my dad would call up and say he wanted to cancel his free trial before the billing started because he couldnt get it to work right. even if they could see the activity on the account, they still offered him another free month, which he gladly accepted month after month after year after year.

my uncles friend did something similar with airlines. they work for the treasury and always have to fly places. his friend knows that airlines overbook and when they are the busiest so thats when he books his flights. they offer to give anyone free tickets if they are willing to bump their filght back. he plans on volunteering every time and has only paid for the one original ticket.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

I think I took two or three semesters worth of journalism in high school. It was a pretty lame class. Like Keith, I grew up in a small town (Johnsburg, IL) out in the middle of nowhere. And my journalism teacher was just like the teacher Keith described. The guy was WAY too into everything, and he acted like all of the students had to be, too. I think I only ever wrote two articles for the paper, and somehow, I managed to skate by with a C. The only real requirement was to show up and let the kids who really cared do all of the work.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:10 PM   #17 (permalink)

I really enjoyed when Kieth and Chemda talked about their high school experiences.

I remember in my 10th Grade English class, I have always been terrible at written English. In my English class I finally had the opertunity to display the iota of grammar I knew. I had been acting like a jackass when the the teacher said:
"Quit acting so immature your in Grade 10, act it!"
Me: "10th Grade."
Teacher: "What?"
Me: "You said Grade 10, that isn't proper English, it's '10th Grade.'"
Teacher: "Get out!"

I was sent to the library. After that I just dropped by to class for attendence and excused myself to the library. Just for that year, English was my favorite subject.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:24 PM   #18 (permalink)

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-5842727.html

The link is a little old, but the article is about NYC fining AOL millions for being "to hard to cancel"
Old 06-14-2006, 09:38 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjita

As for the nails, you think they might be press-ons?
No, it's insane what manicurists do on nails now. Probably handpainted, overpriced and took a good 2 hours. Ridiculous if you ask me.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

After School

I grew up in a town a lot like Keith's only probably a little bit smaller. We had tons of stuff to do at school after school and most people hung around because there was fuck all to do at home.

In 10th grade my friends and I decided to start a color guard...we were flag twirlers and I was the captain. Usually this is SUCH a pussy ass afterschool activity, but we made the best of it. We used to go to my best friend's house after school, drink a shit load and haul ass back to school before it kicked in then practice all fucked up for awhile. We did this for three years. We got to go on trips with the band, always had a hotel room together and would pretty much do whatever we wanted, as long as we were good to perform when we needed to. Makes me laugh when I think about it because it looked great on my college applications... but really, it was an excuse to drink.

In a related story, on one of those band trips I was looking out our coach bus window (in PA) and saw a guy who I must say had quitesome talent. He was smoking a cigarette, driving a standard and jerking off. As Chemda said, you just don't see that anymore. We all waved. Good times.