Who cares 21 63.64%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By Michael's Servant
  • 4 Post By Sparrow
  • 4 Post By joslingeneva
  • 2 Post By The Girl
  • 2 Post By LoopyLou79

Old 06-12-2018, 10:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2881: Heel Turn w/ Chris Daniels and Hannah Boone

Kanye West’s public persona; Hannah’s sobriety from everything; sober people judging drunk people; online dating trainwrecks; unmemorable people; Oregan man on LSD chased by cops for 40 miles; Twitter feuds between world leaders; Chemda’s constantly changing opinions on musicals; Ocean's 8, Solo, and Deadpool 2 reviewed; the Mr. Rodgers documentary Wont You Be My Neighbor? reviewed; nerds are the new bullies

Guests:
Chris Daniels

Hannah Boone

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

Mr. Rogers was one of my favorite things growing up. i think we would all benefit from a mass rewatching of his series b/c he was wonderful at showing us how to deal with our emotions. it wasn't just "be nice, everybody!" it was "sometimes you're going to feel mad, it's perfectly ok, here's what you can do about it"

picture picture!!! omfg, videos of things being made with comfortable music in the background?!?!? fuck yeah, picture picture.

Fred Rogers is a goddamn saint.
Keith, The Girl, jjrtootle and 1 others like this.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Being 30+ minutes late for no good reason is just disrespectful, it doesn't matter what the two of you are doing. You're getting something out of it too, it's not just the man. Of course, he should not have been too sassy about it because it's presumably the first time you were late to see him, and he really should not have called you over and over again afterwards. He should've just let it go and moved on. - from someone who used to be late all the time until my friends spoke up about it. They never cared until it got to be over 15 min.

Dating is very shitty nowadays and yes, men are a sensitive and seem to have less confidence nowadays, starting in their 30s. I think it's because they start to overthink relationships and what women want, etc. after a few past relationships fail. There are a lot of complexities in relationships that have been brought to light recently.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I recently got diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and got on meds. It changed my fucking life! Dating is a whole new revelation because now that I am on meds I realize my obsessive thoughts were uniquely tied to my anxiety. I finally get what "normal" people feel like. I know folks are wary of meds (myself included) but my quality of life is so much better now.
Keith, The Girl, Sparrow and 1 others like this.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
Being 30+ minutes late for no good reason is just disrespectful, it doesn't matter what the two of you are doing. You're getting something out of it too, it's not just the man. Of course, he should not have been too sassy about it because it's presumably the first time you were late to see him, and he really should not have called you over and over again afterwards. He should've just let it go and moved on. - from someone who used to be late all the time until my friends spoke up about it. They never cared until it got to be over 15 min.

She was responding to his shitty response. In your comment you said he shouldn’t respond that way. That’s all. She doesn’t want his body in hers because a response like takes away her horniness for him.

No one is calling him a piece of shit for wanting to be respected for his time. We’re calling his response a garbage one and we’re tossing it in the trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thirteen and Mermaid like this.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Fathers Day

I got a card for my dad that says the only thing better than having you as a father is that my daughters have you as a grandfather.

My father may at best be described as emotionally unavailable, but he’s 70’s white man, the world has been good to him, he lives a good life. My grandfather (his father) was in Normandy in 1945 and was the boss of the household.

In comparison to his father my dad is a paragon of inclusivity, taking my brothers homosexuality in his stride. If Im honest when he dies I couldn’t honestly say I ever knew him.

Thank goodness times are changing and men are able to open up. The damage a remote father can do to a family can be catastrophic.
Keith and Sparrow like this.

no shitbags

Last edited by LoopyLou79; 06-13-2018 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Spelling error