Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: POON LOVERS ONLY
Tits 10 22.22%
Ass 15 33.33%
No preference 20 44.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree149Likes

Old 06-29-2018, 08:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmatt View Post
Getting a bit tired of all the man hating on this show these days.

Men are dumb, men are rapists, men are simple etc...

It brings the show down and it isn't funny, just as saying similar generalisations about women isn't funny.

The lack of self-awareness with some of the guests on these subjects is also quite apparent.

Please be aware this isn't me getting offended as a 'man' but im getting offended at the general nonsense about some of these comments, the absolutes that are a cause of so much of the hatred we see online these days.

I get it. Just wondering if you felt similarly when we were bashing women for a over a decade. Never heard how upset you were at our jokes about several races.
I shit on religion all the time. Trump gets a beating too.
Are those not funny either? Or only when we bash men?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Boobs: just two big balls
The Girl, porky2468 and Apia like this.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Shadowmatt, you know we can read your old posts, right?
Old 06-29-2018, 09:32 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Shadowmatt, you know we can read your old posts, right?
Yes Keith I know how forums work.

I do not believe I have said anything sexist or racist or whatever to anyone on these boards.

I did reply once to mangoes 10 years ago with "wheres the titties?" when they said "titties incoming" but I believe that is about it.

But from your reply you are suggesting something more.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:12 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
I get it. Just wondering if you felt similarly when we were bashing women for a over a decade. Never heard how upset you were at our jokes about several races.
I shit on religion all the time. Trump gets a beating too.
Are those not funny either? Or only when we bash men?
I always took KATG, being 50% female owned and having some very strong and entertaining female guests as something that didn't set out to bash or diminish women.

You do not have guests on who regularly say women are dumb and other generalisations. You would set them straight as you have in the past when a guest has done or said something weird like that. Or discuss your feelings towards it afterwards.

Your show did once I guess with Pat Dixon, who I did originally think was funny, subscribed to his podcast etc... But we all had the same realisation about him and I haven't listened to anything of his in many years. His crime podcast became very toxic and full of hate.

Rather than writing to complain if a joke didn't hit, I took the time to write you years ago when Keith was in hospital and you did the show on your own for a week or two. I told you how great I thought it was and how the dynamic, while different, was still great and I enjoyed it immensely.

I think there is a difference in making jokes and pushing an agenda. I do not necessarily disagree with any of you on KATG. But sometimes some of these 'jokes' sound a bit more hateful than anything playful.

If you were discussing a person of a different race, and Keith, everytime you mentioned that race, said something racist I wouldn’t agree with that either. You can and do make jokes about race, religion etc… but I do not think any of that comes from a bad place.

Thing is, I have probably grown more listening to yourself and your female friends and guests describe their experiences than I ever would without KATG. I do not disagree with any of them, their experiences etc… but then to hear some of the same people doing what they complain about, it is disappointing.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

What was said on today's show that finally made you have to say something?

Was it that men are idiots that they have to like tits or ass better, and coincidentally you wrote "Where are the titties," on the forums?

We asked if being a tits/ass man is a real thing or a male exaggerated thing.

There was nothing said on today's show that was hateful to men, you sensitive poon.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:49 AM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Feeling moved and inspired

I feel so inspired by the show. I am so grateful to be witness to your struggles and your growth, Chemda, Keith and Andrea. You are all so open about what you are going through, and it is helping me tremendously.

I have struggled with food issues for as long as I can remember. I am ACOA. I definitely have bouts of depression that can be debilitating at times. Alcohol is sometimes problematic, enough so that in general it is better for me to avoid it. I have done 12-step groups for these things since high school (I am 46) but I haven't been going to any groups lately. I find it hard to make the time. But I hear the profound changes happening with all of you and what I notice is that you have the support around you to make these changes. You are not doing it alone. You are getting support from each other and from your support groups. That is something I don't have. I am not sure why. I think I haven't found the right person or group of people to get this type of support from. You are giving me the motivation to try again to find the right person or people to support me. It is nice listening to you, but it shouldn't be a substitute for me actually doing the work and finding people IRL to do this work with.

Thank you for being so vulnerable and open about your lives and what you are learning. It is really helping me and inspiring me to look at my own life and be honest with myself about those areas where I continue to live without consciousness. Sometimes I feel like it is too late for me. I should have done all this work on myself in my 20s before I had kids. Now I have to take care of them so I can't make these changes in myself. But listening to you inspires me to keep trying, keep growing, keep becoming more aware and more conscious to the best of my ability.
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 4 others like this.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:56 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
What was said on today's show that finally made you have to say something?

Was it that men are idiots that they have to like tits or ass better, and coincidentally you wrote "Where are the titties," on the forums?

We asked if being a tits/ass man is a real thing or a male exaggerated thing.

There was nothing said on today's show that was hateful to men, you sensitive poon.
A post 10 years ago in reply to the someone's previous post of 'Titties incoming' which was discussing whatever has happening on the 24hr podcast is you grasping at straws.

If I had replied with that to any female member of the forums, who was posting about something unrelated, then yeah you got me. That would be sexist of me and I would be harassing another forum member.

But as that didn’t happen im still trying to understand the point you were trying to make.

To say "Shadowmatt, you know we can read your old posts, right?" suggests that somewhere in my old posts I am being sexist, and given my current post, a hypocrite. But as nothing in my old posts is remotely sexist I can only assume you are deflecting.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:57 AM   #19 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph View Post
I feel so inspired by the show. I am so grateful to be witness to your struggles and your growth, Chemda, Keith and Andrea. You are all so open about what you are going through, and it is helping me tremendously.

I have struggled with food issues for as long as I can remember. I am ACOA. I definitely have bouts of depression that can be debilitating at times. Alcohol is sometimes problematic, enough so that in general it is better for me to avoid it. I have done 12-step groups for these things since high school (I am 46) but I haven't been going to any groups lately. I find it hard to make the time. But I hear the profound changes happening with all of you and what I notice is that you have the support around you to make these changes. You are not doing it alone. You are getting support from each other and from your support groups. That is something I don't have. I am not sure why. I think I haven't found the right person or group of people to get this type of support from. You are giving me the motivation to try again to find the right person or people to support me. It is nice listening to you, but it shouldn't be a substitute for me actually doing the work and finding people IRL to do this work with.

Thank you for being so vulnerable and open about your lives and what you are learning. It is really helping me and inspiring me to look at my own life and be honest with myself about those areas where I continue to live without consciousness. Sometimes I feel like it is too late for me. I should have done all this work on myself in my 20s before I had kids. Now I have to take care of them so I can't make these changes in myself. But listening to you inspires me to keep trying, keep growing, keep becoming more aware and more conscious to the best of my ability.

You can do it! You’re already doing it. Be gentle on yourself. You are doing what you can with the info you have. I know life is busy. It’s hard to put self care on your calendar. But I find that the only way I find and accept help is by making it important to me. I put it on my schedule and I keep in mind that that’s my food. And if I don’t eat then I die.

You are part of our community. You’re not alone. You are loved! ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith, Sparrow, Miosio and 2 others like this.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:11 AM   #20 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Thanks Chemda. I will try and think of myself as part of this community and participate more. So grateful for all of you.
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 4 others like this.