Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Abolish ICE?
Yes 31 81.58%
No 7 18.42%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree81Likes

Old 07-03-2018, 12:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareBen View Post
Because they handle homeland security investigations involving smugglers of women and children, drugs and weapons. If you're for gun control and against sex trafficking, you should not be repeating the insane call to abolish ICE. You are heralding Dystopia.

(credentials: being a legal naturalized US citizen put me in close contact with ICE several times, has cost me thousands of dollars + I passed the citizenship test. I currently identify as a white male however so feel free to disregard all this)

Disclaimer: I have not listened to this episode yet.
Arresting US citizens, kicking over water bottles in the desert, housing children in fucking cages, and abusing people's 4th amendment are just some of the things they do. Fuck them. Fuck them. Fuck them.

Last edited by Archimedes_Screw; 07-03-2018 at 12:22 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw View Post
Arresting US citizens, kicking over water bottles in the desert, housing children in fucking cages, and abusing people's 4th amendment are just some of the things they do. Fuck them. Fuck them. Fuck them.
Yes, those are some of the things they do. The US army has raped and killed civilians. You want them abolished too?
Old 07-03-2018, 12:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, those are some of the things they do. The US army has raped and killed civilians. You want them abolished too?
They are currently doing that. Keep your whataboutism to yourself. We were fine before ICE.
Keith likes this.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:06 PM   #14 (permalink)

Not sure if his story was supposed to make him sound heroic or what it was supposed to do. As someone else said it was too “social justice warrior” and for an SJW he knows how to pronounce his hard R’s, but I’m willing to bet if there had been another guest on the show who said it while he was there he would of been in an uproar. It seemed like he wanted some praise but he didn’t come off sounding the best and yeah awkward. You could hear the ¿huh? coming from Keith and Chemda without them saying it. As for ICE, I wouldn’t say abolish it but it needs a restructuring for sure. Being down closer to the boarder I know not all their work is negative.
littlp likes this.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:24 PM   #15 (permalink)

White guy immigrates to the US. Has an easy time. That checks out.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:59 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Keep your whataboutism to yourself. We were fine before ICE.
re whataboutism, you didn't address anything in my original post. Re fine before ICE, their duties were carried out by USCIS. Educate yourself before resorting to four-legs-good-two-legs-bad-ism.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Following Orders

The Nuremberg trials sorted out that following orders is not a valid excuse for why the Nazis carried out atrocities during WW2. It’s not shocking that a military state would treat vulnerable people that way, it’s shocking that each person involved in separating the families, detaining them, putting them in court is complicit in such an inhuman system. Not one had the guts to tell their superiors to get fucked when they realised what they had to do.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Because they handle homeland security investigations involving smugglers of women and children, drugs and weapons. If you're for gun control and against sex trafficking, you should not be repeating the insane call to abolish ICE. You are heralding Dystopia.

(credentials: being a legal naturalized US citizen put me in close contact with ICE several times, has cost me thousands of dollars + I passed the citizenship test. I currently identify as a white male however so feel free to disregard all this)

Disclaimer: I have not listened to this episode yet.
Hahaha, you really just said that.
Keith, The Girl and Lanfear like this.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:41 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
re whataboutism, you didn't address anything in my original post. Re fine before ICE, their duties were carried out by USCIS. Educate yourself before resorting to four-legs-good-two-legs-bad-ism.
Educate myself about what exactly?
Apia likes this.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:43 PM   #20 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
SUPER fuck ICE!!!

There was a great turn out to the Anti-ICE rally, in my little mtn town, this last weekend. One protester brought up that ICE has requested 22 beds from our local jail to house people they detain. So there’s a local movement to put pressure on the sheriff, make it a state rights issue, and tell these feds to fuck off.

If you haven’t already, check out recent NPR Fresh Air podcast ep The Ongoing Problem at the Border. A writer in El Paso describes a mother whose 9 year old is taken away. It’s heart breaking. It ain’t right. It doesn’t have to be this way.