Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Abolish ICE?
Yes 31 81.58%
No 7 18.42%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree81Likes

Old 07-03-2018, 04:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
pictures and recordings from inside the detention centers were leaked to the media by people who were presumably working in there and wanted to call attention to what was going on.
That’s true but it’s pretty passive, the kids were still separated. If I was told to do something I thought was morally wrong at my work I wouldn’t do it.
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 08:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

What should we do with people who show up with their families at the Texas border and ask for asylum? That's what we're talking about. The overwhelming majority will be denied asylum. The previous policy was to give them a court date and let them into the country. If you don't think that's reasonable, and I don't, what would you do with them?
Old 07-04-2018, 09:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

With peace and love, Flerchin, you didn't even look up what could we do.

What HAVE we done?

We could drive them to the access places we already have to get processed. This didn't JUST happen. YOU'RE HERE!!!

We could turn them away completely as a family.

What COULD we do? We can think for a god damn second and look how they already WEREN'T separating the children. Think why it's different now.

I get what you're saying, but it's a defense mechanism to not feel sad. What the fuck, man.

Does no one ask how they got here? And WHY? Do you really not know the work it takes to cross that fuckin' border? FROM CENTRAL AMERICA!

EDITED TO ADD: 'FROM CENTRAL AMERICA!' DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHERE THEY'RE COMING FROM?! FOR FORTUNE AND FAME?

Last edited by Keith; 07-04-2018 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-04-2018, 10:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I also say this with peace and love, and I really appreciate that you preface your comments with that.

Families are showing up claiming asylum. They are given the option to leave, but they decline.

It's different now because Trump is not just letting them into the country. The folks arriving are under the impression that we would, based on the policy that Obama put in place during the last few years of his administration. Before that time, families would have been separated.

Yes it's a long journey from Central America, that doesn't change that they probably won't get asylum, and that we cannot just freely let them in. A judge will have to rule on the asylum claim.

We have places to hold people while they wait for a judge's ruling. In those places, they typically separate children from adults. They are in fact cages. It's not pretty.

I understand that it's ugly, but these poor folks are allowed to go home.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:09 AM   #25 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Why is everybody up in arms now? You really don't know?

Sincerely peace and love peace and love
Old 07-05-2018, 04:57 AM   #26 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Exchange Program

I’m in favour of an exhange program, for every person/family that risks their life to cross a continent to get into either the UK or USA, we send a family that’s anti-immigration to Central/South America/Africa/Asia/Middle East with just the shoes on their feet and a bag of belongings.

Go down and meet some of these people, listen to their stories and be amazed at their resilience. My husband provides work placements for asylum seekers. The one he recently was working with traveled from Darfor, where his family was subject to genocide, travelled with his brother through Africa, to Libya (which is now totally failed state, got on an overcrowded boat that drifted across the Mediterranean for seven days, three to four days without water. Got rescued by Italian coastguards, traveled across Europe to UK and claimed asylum ( which he has just been granted) They are hero’s, most of us couldn’t make it to the bottom of our streets.

The Asylum seeker I’m talking about ducked everytime a helicopter or small place flew over his head because the people that killed his tribe used small aircraft to shoot at them from the sky. We think we have a bad day when we don’t get what we want for dinner. Our experience as westerners is so far removed from the experience of these “fake” asylum seekers we have no currency to treat them this way.

Also successful capitalist societies require an underclass to exploit and generate income, so either the asylum seekers/ illegal immigrants do it or the working classes do it. Closing boarders and starting trade wars are not the way to make any country great again
Lanfear and Enunciated Piffle like this.

no shitbags
Old 07-05-2018, 08:03 AM   #27 (permalink)

The agency separating families at the border is Border Patrol, not ICE.

Shuffling their duties to other agencies under this administration just means despicable things are being done by different people, probably with less scrutiny.

Ice has hundreds of offices nationwide - the magnitude of unintended consequences for families (some of them possibly non-white!) is unimaginable.

We live in a Republic, not a Democracy, and it is acknowledged as the worst form of government. Except for all the others.

My four-Legs-good reference was apt because Orwell's 1984 gets mentioned a lot but his Animal Farm is just as relevant. When people are angry or scared is when they are easiest to lead and gather behind causes they may know little about. I try to listen to both sides - it often makes me unwelcome with both but at least I avoid falling for inane slogans like 'Make America Great Again' and 'Abolish Ice'.

Finally (for this thread), I should have listened before commenting. Sorry for any disrespect.

Mea Maxima Milo Cum Culpa.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:13 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareBen View Post

We live in a Republic, not a Democracy, and it is acknowledged as the worst form of government. Except for all the others..
Read this. We are a democracy. We're not a direct democracy but we are a democracy. I get that you're new here so read this article. It should help.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f34d10688e5c
SpareBen likes this.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:17 AM   #29 (permalink)

Here is another article.
https://medium.com/@lessig/the-unite...c-54e8036c781c
SpareBen likes this.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:28 AM   #30 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkers View Post
So did I hear this right, the MAN in the argument was the one to drop the N-bomb, but he threw the WOMAN and felt good about that?? What a social justice warrior! What progress! Barf.
Didn't seem like Kevin went after the woman on purpose.

She's dating the guy who dropped the N-bomb. She probably didn't get really hurt.

I thought it was hilarious.
Keith likes this.