Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Which Drip Drip album cover should Keith go with?
#1 38 74.51%
#2 13 25.49%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree69Likes

Old 07-08-2018, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

2897: Won't You Be My Neighbor? w/ Lucie Pohl

Apohlcalypse Now!, Magi with Michael Madsen and Stephen Baldwin; entertaining out-of-towners; Overwatch's Mercy; Three Identical Strangers reviewed; Keith's hateful encounter during the Mr. Rogers documentary; customer service gaslighting; Keith vs. The Locksmith

Guest:
Lucie Pohl

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl and Archimedes_Screw like this.

Last edited by Keith; 07-08-2018 at 10:30 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Option 1
Cover looks awesome and reminds me of a Foo Fighters single cover;
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Outstanding guest and a great episode! I caught it live while I was getting ready for work this morning, it was so funny that I listened again when the episode dropped. Picturing Lucie at the gynecologist with her glasses and gum cracked me up. And all of your customer service stories- so true and so hysterical!

Although customer service is usually good here I always have trouble with my cellphone company and also always hear from friends “I never have a problem, why is it always you?” Last time I changed my iPhone I asked for a silicone cover, in black. They said “sorry all we have in stock is red.” I had seen one on a rack and instead of arguing, I lead her to the display and pointed to the package. Literally rolling her eyes at the stupid foreigner she said (in Japanese) “that SIR is a hard cover.” As silicone was written across the front (in English) I reached over her shoulder and just pushed on the package then raised my eyebrows.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakugenken View Post
Outstanding guest and a great episode! I caught it live while I was getting ready for work this morning, it was so funny that I listened again when the episode dropped. Picturing Lucie at the gynecologist with her glasses and gum cracked me up. And all of your customer service stories- so true and so hysterical!

Although customer service is usually good here I always have trouble with my cellphone company and also always hear from friends “I never have a problem, why is it always you?” Last time I changed my iPhone I asked for a silicone cover, in black. They said “sorry all we have in stock is red.” I had seen one on a rack and instead of arguing, I lead her to the display and pointed to the package. Literally rolling her eyes at the stupid foreigner she said (in Japanese) “that SIR is a hard cover.” As silicone was written across the front (in English) I reached over her shoulder and just pushed on the package then raised my eyebrows.
I am in love with this post!

<3
Keith and Sakugenken like this.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw81 View Post
Option 1
Cover looks awesome and reminds me of a Foo Fighters single cover;
What a metal (cool) album cover. I never hear anyone say Drip Drip and it cracks me up every time.

Just started ep. Pohl’s dream/ cheating story is crazy.

I’m hoping at some point Keith is going to announce the Drip Drip shirt is available in KATG store. I want one.
Keith likes this.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

#2 is more aesthetically pleasing - additionally some social media outlets will cut off the outer edges of an image so it makes Keith's name more likely to be prominently displayed when marketing.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareBen View Post
additionally some social media outlets will cut off the outer edges of an image so it makes Keith's name more likely to be prominently displayed when marketing.
This is not true. There is an optimal size for all social platforms that varies.
Keith likes this.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

$150 bucks??? Fuck you. I’ll die on this hill. I’m locked out of apartment? I mean, I’ll go homeless to prove my point...

LOL love it when Keith’s sense of justice is triggered. Hilarious. But really, when a person gets aggro and hangs up, that’s it. You can’t call back 15 mins later and play it like you didn’t just fuck up. That’s crazy.
Keith, Steph and Archimedes_Screw like this.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Oh god just listening to this episode about customer service makes my butthole clench in anger. Can you imagine- if our parents were so angry when we were kids and people were still trained to at least FAKE pleasantry, what will it be like in another ten years? I mean bc right now it’s like “oh hi Apple, I dropped my phone in your repair department and PREPAID TEN BILLION DOLL HAIRS for the fix. What’s that? Fuck me? Well I guess you’re right...”
Keith and Archimedes_Screw like this.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Great fucking point! But now I just picture the opposite: that we’re being MORE vocal and our elders had to put up with this shit AND there’s the scumbags that just took full advantage of them. The original alphas. The Rockefellers bla bla bla.
Archimedes_Screw likes this.