Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you think James Gunn is a pedophile?
Yes 5 15.63%
No 27 84.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree44Likes

Old 07-22-2018, 10:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

2907: The Hand That Rocks the Cradle w/ Tom Thakkar

Complicated family histories and overt racism; The Simpsons responds to The Problem with Apu on their show; explaining unconventional careers; James Gunn fired from Guardians of the Galaxy 3 over old tweets

Guest:
Tom Thakkar

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl and Archimedes_Screw like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

Had to leave this here, since he's such a dear friend to the podcast and all
He's dating a 19 year old......one comment likens him to Harvey Weinstein with hair

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlF2guAB..._web_copy_link

*ETA: obviously I have no clue how to embed an IG post on the forums, apologies.
porky2468 likes this.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

Mike Cernovich is a pizza-gater and an actual rapist who dug up the Gunn tweets.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw View Post
Mike Cernovich is a pizza-gater and an actual rapist who dug up the Gunn tweets.
Yup, I first saw the headlines about Gunn being fired, and as I was trying to find what these tweets said and learned that Cernovich was behind it, I knew it was a total bullshit witch hunt. That guy is a fucking tool. There are people on Twitter digging up HIS old tweets, and this douche had a lot to say about rape himself.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

I like what Jim Norton has to say about political correctness and comedy. It's a difficult area & maybe he's too black & white but I'd rather err on the side of free speech.

Side note - this caused me to seek out Marina's appearance on KATG, which was hard to hear. But we've all changed a lot in 8 years - I wonder if she'd consider coming back on.

And finally, some spot-on satire from Ricky Gervais.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

You can be edgy and tell all the offensive jokes you want to push the envelope about rape, pedos, race, etc.

But you cant also expect to work for Disney. Or any other company that has a family oriented or child-centric image to maintain.

That's just part of the sacrifice you have to make when you go down that lane.
Blitzgal, Sparrow, Rufio and 2 others like this.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:02 AM   #7 (permalink)

Digging the beard Keith. Has it started to itch yet? Using anything on it?
Old 07-23-2018, 10:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

DELETE YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA.

It's simple, can something good come from an online troll with infinite free time scrolling through anything you've ever said on the internet? no. Can something bad come from it? yea, that's pretty likely.

These celebrities deserve to be fired, maybe not for what they said but for not having the common sense to know that they work for multi billion dollar corporations that don't care about their artistic integrity.
joslingeneva and Mermaid like this.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

Chemda, what a beautiful closing of the episode. I know I’ve said it before but the KATG community has been a major influence in my life over the past decade (more actually.) From virtual hand holding through divorce to hearing Chemda talk about how she grew up (sincerely that stuff really really helped me in my parenting approach w my daughter) to learning about drugs and relationship help to getting going-back-to-school advice (just yesterday I had a long phone convo w a KATG forums member on educational and career advice!) to getting sober (Keith we’re both coming up on one year next month!) to just checking out at work or having a good laugh at really dirty shit I can’t tell anyone about. (How are we all imagine the logistics of pissing into an asshole?)
Also it’s just nice to have dialogue on the regular, even though I’ve never met any of you face to face I’m really happy we are all here. Muah!

MOVIE NIGHT! MOVIE NIGHT!
Keith, The Girl, Sparrow and 6 others like this.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
You can be edgy and tell all the offensive jokes you want to push the envelope about rape, pedos, race, etc.

But you cant also expect to work for Disney. Or any other company that has a family oriented or child-centric image to maintain.

That's just part of the sacrifice you have to make when you go down that lane.
Agreed. When I went back to the corporate world after years of working for myself, I made sure to go back and edit my profiles. I also mentioned the nature of my work (talking about the connection between sex and money) to my future boss because I knew he'd seen my website. We can't pretend that employers aren't looking at our online presence and how it will potentially affect their business. I've been rejected from a non profit board because they didn't like the risque nature of my work and the fact that they served children.

Also the sheer number of kid fucking joke tweets this guy had is crazy and not very funny. I'm so sick of people being like "but it's for the comedy. I'm pushing the edge" Yeah we all say horrible shit, but we're also aware that maybe I should stick with the tame traffic jokes at work and save the kid fucking material for my private text threads.
porky2468 likes this.