Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: The Rock as an actor
Yes 26 66.67%
No 13 33.33%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree51Likes

Old 07-17-2018, 11:16 AM   #21 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by memecherry View Post

I kinda agree with Mike L that the mainstream-ness of it all can affect the popularity - AND every bubble bursts BUT who knows...?
The bubble popping is the only thing i see curbing the growth of this industry and i don't think it'll be soon. They put EVO on espn a couple times and the viewership was huge. Things like Twitchcon and GDQ and AGDE are only getting bigger
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Soccer fans hate the diving. Neymar's become a punchline even in his native land. It's also technically illegal under the laws of the game. One of the things fans got pissed about this World Cup was not enough referees throwing up a yellow card to punish divers.

On the other hand, it's a very tiny % of players who do it, and - not coincidentally - it's the smaller, faster players who tend to do it the most. Neymar may be the most notorious diver, but he's also the player who legit gets the most shit kicked out of him in any given game. Ultimately it starts as a defence mechanism for the smaller, quicker, more entertaining players to try and get more protection from the referee against the bigger, slower defenders who often can't stop the superstars legitimately so they stick a boot in. Then some take it too far.

Solution: Weight divisions in soccer.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:50 PM   #23 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Soccer fans hate the diving. It's also technically illegal under the laws of the game.
Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bag of lazers View Post
The main reason Americans shit on it is because it has the same name as American football, but they're totally different sports.
i don't know if it's the name that's throwing us, but it is funny that in futbol they dive and flop like assholes but in American football it's the opposite.

"No, I'm not hurt! Put me back in!"

"Your brain is leaking out your nose."

"That's how it was when I got here! It's normal! Pllleeeaasseee!!!"

thirteen posted this above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbVJ-31JSrA
Archimedes_Screw likes this.

Last edited by Keith; 07-17-2018 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I much prefer watching the women's football (soccer) over the men's. There's a lot more passion in it and you never see them flopping. Plus, I can see my team play for £5! I watched a game at my mum's and the semi final because everyone was losing their shit about it "coming home" but wasn't too bothered other than that. I can't wait for the women's world cup next year though!
Keith, Bucho and Mermaid like this.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Right?
Who do you think makes all those videos taking the piss out of soccer players diving? Polo fans?

Even Neymar's own peeps consider his antics a joke. In Brazil there are commercials saying their prices have "Neymared".

And this is even though the dude won them the Olympic gold medal and had the shit kicked out of him so bad during the 2014 World Cup his spine literally snapped in half. Nobody is more merciless with their piss-taking than futbol fans. They make Mike Lawrence seem like Mary Poppins.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I do put it on the people starting shit to go watch the movie, if you have all the opinions and tweets that leads to the change of casting you need to support the movie not for this film, but so the next film can get made. Hollywood is a business, if you want to see these stories with casting that you deem appropriate you need to show up and make the film profitable.
Keith likes this.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I 100% agree with the study that being in hot weather makes you temporarily more dumb. I work in home care with older adults and they are forever cold, so no matter how hot it is, the A/c will be off and they will be bundled up. I have literally forgotten words mid-sentence because my brain just wasn’t able to process things due to the 90-100 degree heat.

The Thai boys- I wondered too why they were there. On a Dateline episode, they talked about how it was common for them to go to the cave after practice and they had been like 15 tines. The coach didn’t know about it, which was odd. I also thought it odd that no one checked the weather that day for rain, especially since it was during the rainy season. I think the assistant coach has suffered a lot though, based on what people who know him said about his character. He did manage to help keep all of the kids alive and was the weakest because he didn’t eat the food they had available. Sounds like poor planning and he was lucky that none of the kids died.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:33 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlp View Post
I 100% agree with the study that being in hot weather makes you temporarily more dumb. I work in home care with older adults and they are forever cold, so no matter how hot it is, the A/c will be off and they will be bundled up. I have literally forgotten words mid-sentence because my brain just wasn’t able to process things due to the 90-100 degree heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can confirm. Sweating in Texas right now. Sometimes I see people sitting out eating lunch in the sun and all I can think is WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT???

I’m running a job right now, giant house under construction, probably 20 people working, it’s about 100° outside. The house has AC but the homeowners have asked us not to turn it on. IN effing SANE. Someone can afford a multi bazillion dollar house but refuses to pay for even a moderate amount of comfort for the people building it.
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:56 PM   #29 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

After watching Mike’s Silent Trailer I think it might help to narrow movies to one specific genre,(IE Comedy) and year. Doug Benson has a movie pod and it’s an incredibly tough thing to pull off. You don’t know what the guest has seen. You don’t know what they’re gonna remember etc

I think if you guys narrow it down/ make it easier on guest/ might be better results. I do love the Chemda reads/ Keith guesses part.

Mike Lawrence doing a mini-roast Of MemeCherry was pretty great.
The Girl, Bucho and SpareBen like this.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:21 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
I would like to see the after-show games get mixed up a little bit. Playing the same game every time isn't as exciting as having some rotation in there.
You're more than welcome to share your ideas for new YouTube content in the KATG Clips thread.
Keith and craigish like this.