Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Were you around during the time of Spooky?
Yes 65 82.28%
No 14 17.72%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree268Likes

Old 07-27-2018, 07:21 AM   #41 (permalink)

So I woke up today, checked my emails and saw one from KATG about VIP being 1/2 off.

I haven't listened in a handful of years, to be honest I felt like a large part of the show's humor was Keith saying these offensive outrageous things, and it's not like no one's allowed to grow as a person, but Chemda's ultra PCness at one point just turned me off from the show. Somewhere around the time when she and Lauren thought that watching Netflix documentaries basically equated to be experts on shit.

I opened the email and saw "Chemda talks about her break-up" and went "wha?!" So I went to Podcast app on my phone and saw an episode entitled "Spooky Returns" and went "WHAAAT?" Scroll a bit and I see one titled "I'm an alcoholic", and you got me. I download them and start listening on my commute into work, and it's just like it was 13 years ago when I downloaded Episode 2, there I am laughing out loud on the bus & getting the stink eye from my bus mates. Then I hear that Keith has a girlfriend and I think "What happened to his wife? How much have I missed?!"

I only got about 10 mins into #2702 before I had to actually start working, and I know it's late for both of you, but my condolences on the endings of such important relationships. That kind of shit is never easy when it matters.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is I've got a lot of catching up to do, and after listening to you guys for over a decade, I obviously owe you guys some money so I'm back on VIP.

Last edited by iheartnihilism; 07-27-2018 at 07:34 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:05 AM   #42 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnihilism View Post
So I woke up today, checked my emails and saw one from KATG about VIP being 1/2 off.

I haven't listened in a handful of years, to be honest I felt like a large part of the show's humor was Keith saying these offensive outrageous things, and it's not like no one's allowed to grow as a person, but Chemda's ultra PCness at one point just turned me off from the show. Somewhere around the time when she and Lauren thought that watching Netflix documentaries basically equated to be experts on shit.

I opened the email and saw "Chemda talks about her break-up" and went "wha?!" So I went to Podcast app on my phone and saw an episode entitled "Spooky Returns" and went "WHAAAT?" Scroll a bit and I see one titled "I'm an alcoholic", and you got me. I download them and start listening on my commute into work, and it's just like it was 13 years ago when I downloaded Episode 2, there I am laughing out loud on the bus & getting the stink eye from my bus mates. Then I hear that Keith has a girlfriend and I think "What happened to his wife? How much have I missed?!"

I only got about 10 mins into #2702 before I had to actually start working, and I know it's late for both of you, but my condolences on the endings of such important relationships. That kind of shit is never easy when it matters.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is I've got a lot of catching up to do, and after listening to you guys for over a decade, I obviously owe you guys some money so I'm back on VIP.
Easily one of the things that annoyed me the most about Hennessy, I'm still scarred from his rant on microwaves and "molecules"

Last edited by Rufio; 07-27-2018 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:20 AM   #43 (permalink)

Spooky's got that farm strength. Pretty sure he can chuck square bails with the best of 'em.
The Girl, Bucho, porky2468 and 1 others like this.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:08 PM   #44 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
A clip from this episode is now on YouTube:

That move you pulled at 5:51 - SO GOOD!

I wish New York had more endangered jungle frogs so Spooky and his badass scientist girlfriend Jodi could move back there and be on the show on the regular.

Second best thing that could happen: I find out Spooky has been podcasting for the last 4 years about what it's like to be a Florida/Texas boy living in the Florida/Texas of the South Pacific with a badass scientist girlfriend and there's a sweet archive of shows for me to listen to.
The Girl, Lanfear, Sparrow and 1 others like this.
Old 07-27-2018, 04:42 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
That move you pulled at 5:51 - SO GOOD!
Technically I didn't really do much at 5:51, other than remove the masking. Editing out Spooky up until that point was the real trick.
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 1 others like this.
Old 07-27-2018, 06:50 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
Easily one of the things that annoyed me the most about Lauren, I'm still scarred from her rant on microwaves and "molecules"
*hennessy
*his
Old 07-27-2018, 10:34 PM   #47 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrokahn View Post
*hennessy
*his
Done and done
Old 07-28-2018, 07:48 PM   #48 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I really thought someone would have performed some internet judo and tracked down Bruno or something.

I really want to see what that kid turned into.
Bucho, iheartnihilism and Sparrow like this.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:17 PM   #49 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:

Listen to the Landmark episode (and a couple after that) and the MNIK episode called The Studio.
Keith, The Girl and Bucho like this.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:29 PM   #50 (permalink)

Question

Quote:
I stopped listening, but for different reasons. No longer commuting or going to work was a big one. Getting *way* too frustrated when I felt some *important* issue wasn't being given a fair shake (usually politics). Plus the drama. I get sucked into that way too much as well.

Quote:
Strangely enough, my path to catching up started with a random thought - something like "I wonder whatever happened to ol' Spooky?" So I Googled and searched the forums and then saw about Keith and Cat and then Chemda and Lauren and wow! So far I listened to Chemda's moment and Spooky's episode and I had similar emotions. But what really got me was the video clip from the 'sad news' episode. I've seen plenty of video, but I guess it was the humanity that shone through. Both of them went through some (even more/recent) hard times and it's a reminder that we're all human and shit happens and life isn't perfect. And it kinda melted away those 'reasons' I had for not listening. So I'm definitely queueing them up again.

Also, alcoholism? Guess I have more reading and listening to do!
The Girl and porky2468 like this.