Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you attend therapy and/or group meetings?
Yes 14 25.93%
No 40 74.07%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree110Likes

Old 07-27-2018, 10:51 PM   #21 (permalink)

ya burnt

Chemda getting roasted was the funniest fucking thing I've heard in weeks. KATGA for sure
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 11:14 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Everyone ranted about Spooky being some wild-child, free-spirit weirdo you goofy fuck - Keith and Chemda most of all - why you singling out The Lubinator?

Sounds to me like someone has a little crush and got a little jealous hearing Emily talk about Spooky being a dimepiece.
Even if I was interested, I'd be wary of complimenting her. Right after objectifying Spooky, she starts a #MeToo rant, basically painting all men as potential rapists (except the ones she wants to fuck).
Old 07-28-2018, 11:31 AM   #23 (permalink)

Not trying to be disrespectful, I'm just sayin'.
Old 07-28-2018, 02:56 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndangeredMouse. View Post
Even if I was interested, I'd be wary of complimenting her.
really? i'd kind of like to see you give it a go.
Keith and porky2468 like this.
Old 07-28-2018, 08:27 PM   #25 (permalink)

My experience

Just a thought on the search for improved mental wellbeing.
Dr and Optical neurologist thought I was “crazy” or “stressed.” Long story short, Dr “you are fine but take this and go for MRI.” A day later Dr calls back instead of waiting weeks for an appointment he wants to see me ASAP. He apologizes as it appeared it was stress because I broke down trying to read the eye chart. Letters would appear then disappear. Then he told me my MRI looks like a stroke victim. At the end the day all the brain lesions were from Multiple Sclerosis.
Moral of the story is that those emotional and physical symptoms can’t fix via talk, therapy. My “emotional liability” caused by brain lesions. Don’t shy away from drugs to improve the quality of your life.
Bucho, Sparrow, porky2468 and 2 others like this.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:47 PM   #26 (permalink)

FUUUUUUUCK YOU!!! and welcome to the forums.

thank you for sharing your experience! xoxo
Keith, porky2468 and monarch like this.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:43 PM   #27 (permalink)

Not that group talk and therapy is not useful. But as a former crazy health nut and athlete, I quickly learned that using medication makes daily life manageable. I did MS group talk and is very useful, and each MS experience is unique. Don’t know why I lied on the survey about group talk and therapy.

At work, fortune 200 company, they sent me home and forced to see a shrink for one visit but refused additional visits. It was 100% of the MS lesions impacting my emotions forcing the crying over a simple discussion. I was a relatively high-level employee with lots of goodwill from my work. Hence, they didn’t seek to remove me. My thought, group meetings are more informative.

Again I was LUCKY to have an MRI to give me access to drugs. All the talk would not have helped me function. So, what I'm saying don't blame yourself thinking you're not mentally healthy. Just because you don't have medical or medical community have not identified the nuclear issue. Take drugs to improve the quality of your life and see if that helps.

BTW, I've been forced to leave my work losing big $$$ and career that I spent years creating via college, self-study, experience to be on SSI. This even with the monthly infusions, medications. But again my strong advice is to explore pharma as a means to improve your productivity/well being.

My uninformed opinion, Andrea has organic issues, and it’s not all in your head, but it could be in your head from physical changes.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:03 PM   #28 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Good Point

It’s important to look at the problem holistically. I’d love to use a car metaphor but I know fuck all about them.

If you’re tyre kept falling off you might look a bit further than the nuts to fix the problem (see I tried it)
Old 07-30-2018, 09:44 AM   #29 (permalink)

Smile

Ha i had to laugh when you were talking about the difference between Mothers Day and Fathers Day... in Germany here its the opposite - Fathers Day is a huge deal and mothers day goes unnoticeably by... The Germans have this insane tradition. In some parts of the country its not even known as Fathers Day but its Man's Day. In the morning men sent off in small groups, pulling with them a small wagon which is full of booze. They wander round, hanging out on the street getting drunk with each other.

I'm so tempted to round up a group of other single mothers and just fucking head out there next coming Mothers Day, who's in?
Keith, The Girl, Lanfear and 1 others like this.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:45 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Or maybe they didn’t bother to see if they can go for free cause they don’t really want to go.

Or maybe the therapy building burned down. Or maybe they’re on a work assignment in the Middle East. Or maybe the therapist in their town IS the rapist. Or maybe...
Sorry, I should have clarified. While meetings are free, hourly rate therapy (as in with licensed therapist) can be very expensive and that's what I was thinking of. If I needed a therapist I'd be $OL.

I realize now I was not specific enough.
Mermaid and LoopyLou79 like this.