Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you as confused as Keith re: movies with bonus scenes and people who skip them?
Yes 32 69.57%
No 14 30.43%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree57Likes

Old 07-30-2018, 02:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

I am slightly annoyed when people leave football games with 30 minutes left.

I get wanting to beat the crowd.

But how do you go to a football game and leave without knowing for sure who won? Anything could happen in 30 minutes!
Keith, Lanfear, Sparrow and 2 others like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 02:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bag of lazers View Post
IMDB's app will tell you if there's a scene after the credits.
So will show fave RunPee.
Keith likes this.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
Same.

I'm not one of those people who watches every single superhero movie. I go every once and a while cause that's what my friends wanted to see that weekend.

I enjoy the movie for what it is that night and may never see the sequel or even another superhero movie for another year or so.

The scenes after the credits mean nothing to me cause they usually have characters or implications that are suppose to tease for the next movie in the franchise. And I ain't been following the franchise so I have no reference point for excitement like true fans.

If my group of friends care about staying, I will stay. But if they don't then, I lose nothing.
It sounds to me like you voted NO because you understand why people leave without seeing the extras in super hero movies.

Am I right?

If so, please explain why people leave a dramatized true story as soon as the main movie is over even though they immediately show pictures and facts about the real life people you were just invested in.

The only thing that could possibility make sense to me is that you ruined my science, unless the only answer is, "Ah who cares what they look like. I got the point."
Old 07-30-2018, 04:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
Why would I waste my time on those things? They're usually spoiled by blogs or Twitter before the movie comes out even so. I don't sit another 10 minutes watching the credits roll for a gag that lasts between 5 and 15 seconds.

In general i Get out early, be the first to he bathroom or first on the escalator before those slow idiots get on. Don't gotta shuffle behind idiots in the dark, when the whole theater leaves at the same time.
I wouldn't do it for a movie that had actual important things to show at the end, like plot or the real life counterpartss to the cast. But a super hero thing that'll just show an actor or a symbol, who cares?
I bet you voted NO also even though you just said you would never do that. I bet Lanfear did also, even though she just agreed with you.

Tell me I'm wrong, you mother fuckers...
Old 07-30-2018, 04:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I bet you voted NO also even though you just said you would never do that. I bet Lanfear did also, even though she just agreed with you.

Absolutely voted No

Poll asked whether I'm confused by people doing that and I'm not.
Because a) lots of people are assholes so of course they might leave during parts they don't care about and b) sitting through the long as credits for a 10 second clip that is not always worth it to me. So I sometimes do it but not always.

So I didn't fuck up your science - you just might not have phrased the question in the way you wanted the answers to be
Old 07-30-2018, 04:39 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
It sounds to me like you voted NO because you understand why people leave without seeing the extras in super hero movies.

Am I right?

If so, please explain why people leave a dramatized true story as soon as the main movie is over even though they immediately show pictures and facts about the real life people you were just invested in.

The only thing that could possibility make sense to me is that you ruined my science, unless the only answer is, "Ah who cares what they look like. I got the point."
I view the pictures during the credits the same as I view the foreword and appendices of books.

I personally like reading the forwards and skimming through the appendices. But its extra and doesn't make or break the way I feel about the book. So i get why people skip it.
LoopyLou79 likes this.

Last edited by Mermaid; 07-30-2018 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 04:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
I am slightly annoyed when people leave football games with 30 minutes left.

I get wanting to beat the crowd.

But how do you go to a football game and leave without knowing for sure who won? Anything could happen in 30 minutes!
Yes absolutely, same with people that leave concerts early before the encore
Mermaid and LoopyLou79 like this.
Old 07-30-2018, 04:42 PM   #18 (permalink)

Whenever Keith and Mermaid get into it on the forums I would love it if Chemda would scream "Who run Barter Town!?"
A dramatic reading with Andrea playing Mermaid and Keith as himself. Chemda jumps in with a guttural yell "Who run Barter Town!?"
porky2468 likes this.

Last edited by Archimedes_Screw; 07-30-2018 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 04:48 PM   #19 (permalink)

Got excited and fucked up the quote. Damn it.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:

I'm not confused. I don't care why they left. It might be a reason similar to me leaving the Marvel movies early. Or maybe they hate seeing home videos in post credit scenes because it reminds them of their abusive childhood. MoviePass is dying, who gives a fuck why people do anything?
Mermaid likes this.