Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you as confused as Keith re: movies with bonus scenes and people who skip them?
Yes 32 69.57%
No 14 30.43%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree57Likes

Old 07-30-2018, 09:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
I am slightly annoyed when people leave football games with 30 minutes left.

I get wanting to beat the crowd.

But how do you go to a football game and leave without knowing for sure who won? Anything could happen in 30 minutes!
I'm with you.

You watch 30 minutes of NFL you're guaranteed to see a good one and a half to two minutes of actual gameplay in between all the commercials and general standing around those "athletes" do.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:50 AM   #22 (permalink)

Oh my god the “I missed my window” comment. I’ve heard that from guys before. I like the “how do you mean?” suggestion from Chemda. I’m going to start doing that every time I get a creepy assumptive flirt.

“Oh so I missed my window?”

“What does that mean?”

“Like... uh...maybe WE... uhmmmm”

“Huh? I don’t follow.”

“I was just saying that maybe if.. nevermind.”

“I DONT UNDERSTAND PLEASE ELABORATE.”

“No nevermind.”

“Wait wait! Please explain to me what you mean by you missed your window, I’m reallly trying to understand.”

“Well I was just thinking that maybe if I had got you in time we could be dating instead of you guys.”

“Ohhhhh! Now I understand. Oh no. That wouldn’t have happened. There was no window.”
Keith, Lanfear, thirteen and 3 others like this.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I've left hockey games before when my favourite team is losing by 3+ points and there are about 10-15 min. left. I just didn't want to be disappointed any longer. Ain't nobody getting 3 goals in that time (I mean it's rare).

But I always stay for credits after movies and encores, etc.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:42 AM   #24 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I feel the stuff during the credits is slightly different to a post credit scene in the way that it starts pretty much straight away so you're not sitting around waiting for it, whereas with post-C scenes you're waiting 5-10 minutes for something that isn't always a massive payoff. Having said that, I'll wait for both and think it's weird not to stay (you've invested 2hours, what's another 10mins?). The first one I remember was after HP Chamber of Secrets. The credits felt like they went on forever, but when it finally happened it cracked me up. Didn't add anything to the story or set anything up, but I was pleased.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:47 AM   #25 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post

But I always stay for credits after movies and encores, etc.
Almost everyone does any encore nowadays and they don't even pretend that they're not going to. It's also normally one of their biggest songs that you've wanted to hear all gig. WHY ARE YOU LEAVING??

I saw Ingrid Michelson once, she finished the set and then came back to do the encore. She left the stage again and everyone was losing their shit, cheering and stomping for ages. She came back on, all surprised and did an encore to the encore. That was super cool because no one expected another song, we were just showing how much we loved it. Which I'm guessing is how encores used to be.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:44 PM   #26 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
I am slightly annoyed when people leave football games with 30 minutes left.

I get wanting to beat the crowd.

But how do you go to a football game and leave without knowing for sure who won? Anything could happen in 30 minutes!
My father would often tell me the story of how he left the Herman Edwards Miracle At The Meadowlands game early, heard the crowd gasp in unison on the way out and then ran to the car only to hear the announcer repeating "I don't believe it" over and over again. Then he wouldn't defend me when his friends would complain about not being able to leave any games early when I was with them.
Keith likes this.

Last edited by starscream; 08-03-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:04 PM   #27 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by porky2468 View Post
I feel the stuff during the credits is slightly different to a post credit scene in the way that it starts pretty much straight away so you're not sitting around waiting for it, whereas with post-C scenes you're waiting 5-10 minutes for something that isn't always a massive payoff. Having said that, I'll wait for both and think it's weird not to stay (you've invested 2hours, what's another 10mins?). The first one I remember was after HP Chamber of Secrets. The credits felt like they went on forever, but when it finally happened it cracked me up. Didn't add anything to the story or set anything up, but I was pleased.
Thing is, unless it's Titanic, it's like 4 minutes. Credits are not that long. It's extremely stupid that we have them still, no one cares and you can just look it all up on the internet a lot easier if you do, but it's just as stupid no one can handle sitting through them.

It took me years to stop going along with people who left during the credits. I used to collect Key Grip names as a sort of excuse to stay at least that long and people would go with it thinking it was weird or funny. Then I moved on to the Negative Cutter which was always one of the last credits and finally people started to get that I wasn't going to go anywhere and they could leave if they wanted. Always best to be the one who drove in that scenario though.

This was all before stingers became so commonplace. Now it's at least feasible you might be rewarded for staying, but that was never my motivation. It's just that the movie wasn't over until it was over.
Keith and porky2468 like this.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:32 AM   #28 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Hold up, chemda is single? I haven't listened to the show in a few weeks, can someone point me to an episode that can catch me up here??

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2018, 10:31 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgrilledcheese View Post
Hold up, chemda is single? I haven't listened to the show in a few weeks, can someone point me to an episode that can catch me up here??

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
There's a Talk Shite forum post called "Sad News" by Chemda and I thiiiiiink the show was with Casey James Salengo (2880). I vaguely remember him being the guest, but it's not mentioned in the show notes.
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:37 AM   #30 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

We should start a YouTube channel that people can subscribe to for big moments like this.