Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: If you're a regular driver, have you ever been in a car accident?
Yes 45 69.23%
No 9 13.85%
I'm not a regular driver 11 16.92%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree70Likes

Old 08-06-2018, 03:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
As someone who cycles over 100 miles per week and has had a few accidents...

WEAR A HELMET
And find someone who knows how to fix a bike. Chains should not just fall off. Ever.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 03:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

We all choose to live in NYC, even though statements like "I was robbed by people who pretended to be helping me after a bike crash" exist shows the true power of the bright lights and 24 hour delis.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

Now MIA is stuck in my head.

I'm not sure I know what "methy" looks like outside of posters and tv characters.

Glad you're fine.

In undergrad students got free bikes from an alumni donor. They were cruisers and the chains popped off them things like it was going out of style. About two months after the donation our campus was like a bike graveyard. Abandoned bikes and bike pieces everywhere. Folks said it was because our campus was too hilly for the cruisers to handle but idk. They were fun while they lasted.
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:07 PM   #14 (permalink)

Chemda diverted the question when directly asked by Keith. WILL CHEMDA START WEARING A HELMIT?!

Keith can you put one on the katg amazon wish list?

Also, im going to suggest that we have a best returning guest category on this years KAtG awards.

You should book Deuce and his wife and Matthew Bray to round out the nomination to give Tracey some competition (even though I know she will win by a landslide. So far we have Spooky and Mike Lawrence. So many to choose from actually!
Old 08-06-2018, 06:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Oh my gosh. I hope you got extra hugs from friends. The whole episode sounded traumatic and awful. What a seriously bad day.

It's may not be necessary, but your bank may end up requiring a police report to refund the credit card fraud. I have not had any use for cops in my life either.

The only way I can figure that the chain coming off the bike caused a lack of control is if you have a fixie with pedal brakes. That chain should never come off, and I would be quite furious with the bike shop. They seriously fucked up.

Your face is not noticeably different in the Youtube video; still pretty. So at least you have that going for you. The show-notes pictures are soul crushing, just from seeing how bad your day was.

I'm really sorry this happened, and I'm so glad you're mostly ok. Much love and hugs.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

$250 at a dollar store is impressive. Someone once stole my credit card number and spent $20,000 at a rental car place. I was a mix of horrified and impressed. Thank goodness the bank covered the 20k...
The Girl likes this.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:02 PM   #17 (permalink)

Keep on biking it’s still a win-win.

Sorry for such a horrific day!

Years back, I’ve ridden my bicycle countless hundreds of miles in Queens. A bike chain falling off is highly improbable. Just as unlikely is having your phone stolen by people looking to help. Then using your credit card. Or smashing a face without health insurance. Keep on biking it’s still a win-win.

Personally, I don’t trust the NYPD (that's just me). I know firsthand it was the HS idiots that couldn’t find a job that became police officers. Or the kids that stole during their summer employment. This was my experience.

Thanks for the great episode with the funny /talented Tracey Carnazzo. How can it not be a great episode with a fellow Paisano from our hometown Queens?
Old 08-07-2018, 05:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Glad you're not seriously hurt. I had a chain snap on me once and went flying ass over tea kettle. It happens real fast.

Don't buy your helmet from the jagoffs who fixed your chain.
The Girl, da_ticklah and monarch like this.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:10 AM   #19 (permalink)

Glad Chemda's ok (and was compensated with AirPods!) - one possibility re the dollar store purchase is that they bought a gift card - can then buy from amazon or wherever without worrying about getting caught or the credit card being cancelled.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

You poor thing! Stealing from people is so shitty, but when they've been in an accident too?! Seriously fucked up. I'm glad you're ok, on the whole. Make sure you keep an eye on your knee graze. Keep it clean and give it air.

Also... I know Keith is all happy and coupled up now but I miss his and Tracey's fake relationship 😂
Miosio and TrixieTracey like this.