Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you a good first dater?
Yes 18 48.65%
No 19 51.35%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree54Likes

Old 09-05-2018, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2934: Amor, Risas, y Pablo Escobar w/ Luisa Díez

Comedy in different cities; working for Pablo Escobar; having 3 husbands, all dead; IDing bodies for the 9/11 Museum; dating strategies and negotiating boundaries

Guest:
Luisa Díez

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 01:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Can’t be more clear than that.

Good morning.
The Girl and Apia like this.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Holy shit what an episode. Luisa has some mad confidence.

I really enjoyed the conversation about sex and it's been real cool listening to this sex-ploration that's been happening on the podcast lately. I also realized that Keith and Chemda aren't as sex-positive or maybe as knowledgable as I'd thought. I started learning about kink and stuff like that pretty early on in my sex life and I guess I forgot that there are people who haven't done stuff that isn't vanilla.

I learned about GGG from Dan Savage as well, I learned about a lot of stuff from him. Don't always agree with him, but usually do. To me "Game" means "I'm game to try things that you're interested in and that respect my own boundaries". I'm GGG myself so I've gotten to try lots of cool stuff I might not have discovered otherwise. GGG does not mean "I'm a freak in bed, I fuck like crazy and I will be the best fuck you've ever had, do anything to me." It means "I want us to have great sex, I'm willing to work for it, and I'm willing to explore new things."
Old 09-06-2018, 11:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I agree with Luisa that "sex people" are better at talking about boundaries and consent. On this episode Chemda said that she wants to learn more about this world, which I think means that she's going to become a sex person too. Chemda is already kinky and open-minded, I think she's going to have a great time in this world once she gets a bit more comfortable.

So many of the guests are sex people, but they get treated like freaks on the show. Kevin Allison, Billy Procida, even Andrea and Emily, anyone who's been to a sex club or party, or tried to be non-monogamous (Myq Kaplan). I hear these people talking about consent, communication, trying new things - exciting things! - and getting judged negatively. As if there's something wrong with enjoying crazy weird sex stuff.

Also, I'm a sex person so obviously when I hear Keith call someone a "fun girl" with judgement in his tone I feel it personally. Doesn't mean judgement isn't happening.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

You’re not into Judgment Play?
Old 09-07-2018, 03:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

100% Agree with Luisa

I 100% agree with what Luisa was saying about young people today having all the benefits of a safe society with plenty of opportunities but then not realising it.

Here in Britain we attract people from around the world to seek a better, safer life but our young people are struggling. Children of immigrants strive for a better life, I work with young people and their is a big discrepancy between worth ethic and expectations.

Parents are partially to blame because we have parents of adult children ringing up to complain about how their child is treated. The parent often turns a blind eye to laziness, chronic weed smoking, and generally obnoxious behaviour.

Cool parents defending delinquent behaviour is ruining the kids lives.
porky2468 and metanarrativs like this.

no shitbags
Old 09-07-2018, 05:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesiac View Post
Also, I'm a sex person so obviously when I hear Keith call someone a "fun girl" with judgement in his tone I feel it personally. Doesn't mean judgement isn't happening.
I feel it personally, but I like it

Maybe because I'm pretty open sexually, so a lot of the stuff said wasn't new to me, but I found the way she was talking about dating and sex parties and stuff quite boring. Like yeah, I'll talk to someone about the stuff we're into before meeting up but it's fun and sexy rather than in the very interview matter of fact way she was saying it (hopefully ites different when it's actually happening).

I'd also never want to claim to be good at sex. I really hope I am, but if someone said that they were good to me I'd look at them funny.
amnesiac likes this.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Agree

I agree with you Apia but if you don’t turn up for work because you’re hungover from the night before, you’re parents are supposed to disapprove not call up work for you.
porky2468 likes this.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Really interesting guest. Really good interviewing.
Keith, The Girl and Apia like this.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Very intelligent woman, but this show left me out of breath. She sounded like she was on the brink of crying the whole time. Really uncomfortable listening to her.

Aside from that, GREAT GUEST!
porky2468 likes this.