Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who do you agree with more regarding moving in with a lover?
Keith 19 45.24%
The girls 23 54.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree111Likes

Old 09-04-2018, 12:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrokahn View Post
Fuck yeah ladies!
Living together 100% killed my marriage.
I was in love with a slob who became my second child and it ruined everything.
Sounds like some of you were living with people you don't like or they hadn't grown up yet and you both weren't willing to compromise?

I love personal space as much as the next person. But I don't mind living with a partner and finding my own space (corner, room) within that larger shared space.

Of course Keith is right in this situation, for the majority of couples. People like spending time together. Partners should help with the good and the bad. If your quality of life isn't getting any better by living with an SO, there may be a bigger issue. It doesn't mean that you need to be interacting 24/7. You can take weekends away on your own or with friends, spend the night elsewhere, have your own hobbies for a few days of the week, etc. so that you can clear your head and have things to talk about. And you need to put in some effort to keep the relationship exciting. I completely understand not wanting to move because your rent is cheap, but if you like someone enough I feel like you'd eventually be willing to make a compromise.
Keith, Bucho and porky2468 like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Of course.

“Why do we have to live like our parents?! Why can’t people be married to multiple people in multiple countries and still love them all completely?! Why so old school?!”

Everything doesn’t need to be argued, people.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I agree that my past experiences/relationships are clouding my views on possible future ones.

I feel like I'm in a self reflection place trying to figure out what drew the previous unhealthy relationships to me & how I can work through those things before looking for a new one. I'm sure that once the oxytocin is pumping thru me again, I'll be jumping at the chance to spend as much time as possible with a new person!
Old 09-04-2018, 03:44 PM   #14 (permalink)

i require a decent amount of solitude in my life. Bear's on the road a good bit especially in the summer and his schedule is often opposite of mine. 7 years in it's gotten to be something of a treat to have him home and awake at the same time as me for any length of time. which is cool. i'm a little much in large doses. but golly moses, i do love sharing a bed and waking up to his face. that is some boss shit.

my first marriage fell absolutely apart when Sarge came home from the war and we had to be in each other's daily business. i think that had more to do with our actually having time to settle and get to know each other for what was really the first time after whirlwind marrying too young than just our proximity.
Bucho, memecherry, Lanfear and 4 others like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:46 PM   #15 (permalink)

p.s. adderall is a cheap, long lasting speed. it's insane how easy it is to come by.
memecherry likes this.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

"...you're like uhhh...uhhh...a very hot truck driver."

I'm not sure how long I laughed at this.
OMG Chemda!
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 3 others like this.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Why am I guessing that the vast majority of the votes saying it’s best to not live with the person you are in love with aren’t in love with anyone?

Also, who’s paying $20 a pill for Adderall?

I feel like I’m missing some details, folks.
Agreed. Adderall is hard to find but $20 a pill is insane. You are kinda dumb to pay that much (in this market at least).

Also, my bf and I are both only children. We both value the space and alone time that we grew up with. I hadn't lived with anyone since college and my last relationship was long distance.. so we got a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom place.

We work bonkers schedules and often sleep in our separate rooms and it works for us. I have my own closet and place to do my hair and makeup and he has a little makeshift studio space to record music and play video games. We still spend most of our time in common areas.

I can't imagine shacking up in a studio apt.
So I agree with both of you but mostly the girls.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm totally with Keith but I always love when he's ganged up on like this, the vibe is literally the best vibe.

Fun guest too. When I saw "Carmen L..." I was all "Heck yeah, Carmen Lynch back on the show so soon!!!" but then I saw "... Lagala" and I was all "Oh ... sadface ... it's a different Carmen L ..." but then I listened and I was all "Heck yeah, you guys should have Carmen Lagala back on the show so soon!!!"
Old 09-04-2018, 09:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
So I agree with both of you but mostly the girls.
YOU JUST AGREED WITH ME ONLY! YOU LIVE IN THE SAME DWELLING AS YOUR LOVED ONE BECAUSE YOU WANT TO BECAUSE YOU LOVE THEM!

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?! AYE CARUMBA!
The Girl, Bucho, thirteen and 3 others like this.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:43 PM   #20 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Also, when Andrea came on mic to be part of the gang-up I was extra stoked knowing it would've ruined that whiny little hater crybaby Endangered Mouse's day.
Keith, Sparrow, porky2468 and 2 others like this.