Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who do you agree with more regarding moving in with a lover?
Keith 19 45.24%
The girls 23 54.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree111Likes

Old 09-05-2018, 08:44 AM   #21 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
YOU JUST AGREED WITH ME ONLY! YOU LIVE IN THE SAME DWELLING AS YOUR LOVED ONE BECAUSE YOU WANT TO BECAUSE YOU LOVE THEM!

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?! AYE CARUMBA!
I knew you would yell at me for that one. HAHAHA
The Girl, Bucho, Sparrow and 1 others like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:28 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Why am I guessing that the vast majority of the votes saying it’s best to not live with the person you are in love with aren’t in love with anyone?

Also, who’s paying $20 a pill for Adderall?

I feel like I’m missing some details, folks.
I’m in love with my boyfriend. I just sent my daughter to college and I have never lived by myself so I want to experience that. For that reason, we aren’t living together nor do we plan to for a long time.

Before, when my daughter lived with me, I didn’t have the mind space to share my very small amount of alone time with another person unless it was mostly on my terms. For that reason, we didn’t live together.

I have three cats, he’s allergic. For that reason, we don’t live together. He has a camper and no way will I live with him in it. For that reason, we don’t live together, it would be a lot more expensive for him also.

We both enjoy the very concept of making time for each other intentionally and we both love each other very much. Living together is not the pinnacle for us, we are really happy with how we are now. There are lots of reasons why it works for some people and doesn’t for others, it’s not for everyone but t doesn’t mean we love each other less because we aren’t making that choice for or relationship.

In my marriage (that ended) it took me years to realize that the ultimate downfall was because we followed the “normal” (as Andrea put it escalator) and just did what everyone says you’re “supposed to do” and in that order, without any thought as to whether or not it was right for us. Moving in was not right for our relationship and it’s not right for a lot of people individually. And that’s ok.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:47 AM   #23 (permalink)

Oh and in terms of his reasons, he produces music and has his own studio (and quiet) in his place, he enjoys breathing, he wakes up much later than me and he pays almost nothing in rent.
Sparrow likes this.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:58 PM   #24 (permalink)

I'm pretty torn. I love my wife, but I hate having a roommate. She's not a bad roommate at all, but I lived on my own for a long time before she moved in and I've never totally gotten used to it.
The Girl, memecherry and astrokahn like this.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:40 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
YOU JUST AGREED WITH ME ONLY! YOU LIVE IN THE SAME DWELLING AS YOUR LOVED ONE BECAUSE YOU WANT TO BECAUSE YOU LOVE THEM!

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?! AYE CARUMBA!
Somewhere in the distance, I swear I hear the sound of papers being torn up. Yay!
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 3 others like this.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:49 AM   #26 (permalink)

Just checking in with another anecdotal bit of non-evidence. And I still hear the sound of Keith ripping up paper and yelling things.

{....gets up from microphone, walks over, offers Keith a hug}

I am definitely in love with my partner, and we have never lived together in our 11 year relationship, which is still going strong. Another partner that I never lived with either, well, we aren't together anymore. But that had nothing to do with living together or apart.
Bucho likes this.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:48 PM   #27 (permalink)

I got them bad knees. What's a good knee even like?

This summer I took a road trip with Mrs BadKnees and the kids. We shared a hotel room with the kids and sometimes we'd want to get frisky. So we'd sneak into the bathroom and lock the door to avoid any interruptions/future therapy bills. Just as I bent the Mrs over and began penetrating, my foot slipped on the bathroom tile and I dislocated my left knee, which caused me to shift my weight to my right and dislocate my right knee. I collapsed and cut my elbow on something on the way down. The excruciating pain caused me to black out and the last thing I saw was my wife's stunned face, and my own raging boner.

So anyway, knees are stupid.
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 12 others like this.

Last edited by JohnnyBadKnees; 09-06-2018 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Posting under an alt for privacy.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBadKnees View Post
I got them bad knees. What's a good knee even like?

This summer I took a road trip with Mrs BadKnees and the kids. We shared a hotel room with the kids and sometimes we'd want to get frisky. So we'd sneak into the bathroom and lock the door to avoid any interruptions/future therapy bills. Just as I bent the Mrs over and began penetrating, my foot slipped on the bathroom tile and I dislocated my left knee, which caused me to shift my weight to my right and dislocate my right knee. I collapsed and cut my elbow on something on the way down. The excruciating pain caused me to black out and the last thing I saw was my wife's stunned face, and my own raging boner.

Reading this has been the highlight of my day.
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:05 PM   #29 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBadKnees View Post

I love that you made this account to say this to us, genuinely.
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 2 others like this.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:43 PM   #30 (permalink)

Physician

Keith is spot on with physicians are universally incompetent.

The government’s expansion to control the type and amount of medications available to the public. Because we all know how to begin and caring government behaves. This is not to mention the increase in cost for medical care with more regulations and paperwork. Just look at the impact of Obama Care’s " never-ending attack on the profession from the government, insurance companies, and lawyers … progressively intrusive and usually unproductive rules and regulations," topped by an electronic health record mandate that produces nothing more than "billing and legal documents" — and degraded medicine.

Most Physicians are incapable of logically thinking and solving real-world problems. They’ve lived a bubble their entire life. The physician path is only possible with Mommy/Daddy paying the way/supporting their time in school as an average student. A four-year party at expensive undergrad school and then off to med school for 3 to 4 years. First-year memorizing basic science/anatomy and does nothing to train or test a person to make logical informed medical treatment. The second year is an overview of the principles of respiratory, cardiovascular and general.

We know basic models/checklists outperform experts especially physicians. So you want to reduce medical costs have an experienced nurse enter responses to questions from patients into an AI type program like IBM Watson to determine the best treatment and medications.
I had my current Neurologist ask me “how long did it take you to realize Dr. X was an idiot.” Dr. X was my previous neurologist, and he was right but forgot to include himself. Because of my infusion treatments were taking down twice by the FDA. They now require an MRI with contrast every six months and blood work. They force you to have an office visit every three months or no refills meds. The contrast with the MRI is poisonous and not necessary.
astrokahn likes this.