Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you a good first dater?
Yes 18 48.65%
No 19 51.35%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree54Likes

Old 09-14-2018, 01:15 AM   #31 (permalink)

I’m sometimes confused who is seen as white and who is not.

I would see her as white. But I don’t know!
I thought white was the appearance+heritage+privilege?

Or not?

Feel free to scream at me. You see it’s so tense I’m already afraid to ask!
But I have a feeling that it’s not so easy, because race is mostly a construct and often used by white people to put all other people down.
I get it, I would also want out of the white club but I don’t see a real chance for me without Rachel Dolozaling myself.
I have the immigrant status going for me and some non white DNA but no one would see me as non white.

Isn’t it prilivlege to have all the money and private schools like her family did?

Here is another woman from Columbia.

She also isn’t white?

I even checked Wikipedia.

Race and ethnicity in Colombia descends mainly from three racial groups—Amerindians, Africans, and Caucasians—that have mingled throughout the last 500 years of the country's history. Some demographers describe Colombia as one of the most ethnically diverse countries in the Western Hemisphere and in the World, with 85 different ethnic groups. Most Colombians identify themselves and others according to ancestry, physical appearance, and sociocultural status. Social relations reflect the importance attached to certain characteristics associated with a given racial group. Although these characteristics no longer accurately differentiate social categories, they still contribute to one's rank in the social hierarchy.[3] Genetic research with over 60,000 blood tests and 25 variables, determined that the average Colombian (of all races) has an admixture of 70% European, 20% native Amerindian and 10% African ancestry,[4][5] however these proportions vary widely from one region to another. These proportions also vary widely among ethnicities.

Last edited by Apia; 09-14-2018 at 01:38 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote