Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you friends with your parent(s)?
Yes 24 50.00%
No 24 50.00%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree106Likes

Old 09-13-2018, 01:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

"I've just said a dirty" is one of the funniest and most disturbing things I've ever heard
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 1 others like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
I'm friends with my mom, and we got even closer after my dad died ...
I think being friends with a single parent may be easier, especially if you both mourned the death of the other parent together. My dad died when I was little and my mom raised me completely by herself. She never even dated (as far as I knew) until I got to college.

My teenage years were super rough because I was rebellious, which is easy to do when you have one parent working to support the household, because they're not home much.

After I left the house and grew up a little, we became super close. My mom is probably my best friend in the world. We talk and hang out all the time. I can't imagine not having her in my life. I can't remember who brought it up on the show (I think Chemda) but this closeness is largely due to the fact that she respects my choices as an adult and we relate as people, not just mother/daughter.
Keith, Bucho, Blitzgal and 2 others like this.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Creepy Father-in-Laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by porky2468 View Post
"I've just said a dirty" is one of the funniest and most disturbing things I've ever heard
My friends father-in-Law grabbed her boob when they were on one of those twister fair rides. He runs a swingers club 🤮

My F-I-L once grabbed me and creepily kissed me all the way up my arm to my shoulder, it still makes me shudder.
Keith, Bucho, Lanfear and 1 others like this.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

my parents and i get along great! my Mama is an understanding human person and even when she disagrees with the things i do, she loves me anyway and supports my being happy. she doesn't judge me and it's why i can be so open about my life with her. she's not meddlesome and keeps secrets like a boss. i know i'm lucky.

on a less fun topic, my Mamaw died of her dementia this summer. it was a slow downhill ride until one day it turned into a cliff and she dropped off it--unusual for the condition and in the end a merciful quickness. she needed more and more daily care. she fell a lot. lost track of things to where my Dad had to take on her financial and legal affairs. i saw her one morning, ambulatory and while not sure who everyone was, could respond to commands and answer questions. by the afternoon she was bedridden and losing her mind. the terminal stage was disturbing to say the least. she started talking and didn't stop, literally all day and all night, talking for three solid days. the hallucinations were intense. she became combative. i got into her line of sight wiping her face and i think i may have turned into the devil, whom she had been conversing with a lot, and she sat up straight for the first time since going down and took a punch at me.

Keith is right. they become children. i've changed my naked Mamaw's diaper. bathed her. changed her into and out of her clothes. fed her. held her hand while she giggled and babbled into the air. as hard as it was on everyone, there's not a moment i'd take back being there for her the way she was there for us kids. it's what Love does.

i don't mean to throw a big scary story out there, especially since Mamaw had something of an atypical experience that even had the doctors raising a confused eyebrow, but having been through it, it might be a good time to get together with your siblings and start thinking about who can be around, what kinds and level of care might be advantageous, what resources are available in their area (shout out to the Angels at Meals on Wheels), what her wishes are regarding her care if she loses her ability to communicate it. you want to plan now. dementia can get weird.
Keith, Bucho, Lanfear and 4 others like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.

Last edited by Sparrow; 09-13-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This is way too short!

But also super adorbs.
Keith, The Girl, Sparrow and 3 others like this.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyLou79 View Post
My friends father-in-Law grabbed her boob when they were on one of those twister fair rides. He runs a swingers club 🤮

My F-I-L once grabbed me and creepily kissed me all the way up my arm to my shoulder, it still makes me shudder.
That's actually doing a dirty and is way worse. Makes me shudder too.
Keith and Archimedes_Screw like this.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:26 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by porky2468 View Post
Henrik needs to capture this bit - Keith's creepy half-laugh is one of my favorite things.

But my main takeaway from this episode is... $13 an hour?! I've been at an office job for 9 years and I'm making less than that. Am I doing life wrong?
Keith and porky2468 like this.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:43 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareBen View Post
But my main takeaway from this episode is... $13 an hour?! I've been at an office job for 9 years and I'm making less than that. Am I doing life wrong?
You're not doing life wrong, your boss is doing you wrong.
porky2468, LoopyLou79 and SpareBen like this.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:46 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareBen View Post
Henrik needs to capture this bit - Keith's creepy half-laugh is one of my favorite things.
You should post suggestions in the KATG Clips thread or e-mail him (Henrik[at]katg.com). Otherwise he’ll probably miss them.
Keith, The Girl and SpareBen like this.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:31 PM   #20 (permalink)

I keep forgetting how much Keith's family reminds me of my own. Having said that, for some reason very early on I got a mental image in my head about what Keith's dad looks like. I *always* picture him as the dad from American Pie. Try it next time Keith talks about him. I think it works. lol

My dad has been voicing concerns about my Mom's mental state for years. She's always been pretty much an odd character, so sometimes it's difficult to tell. But she's definitely losing short-to-medium term memory. She also constantly brings up things from her childhood and seems to have completely lost track of whether or not she has ever told you something before. Part of dad's response is to get frustrated and a bit short with her. It's a very tricky thing to navigate.

My dad's idea of an inappropriate joke has always been very mild, but he always enjoyed making them in private with close friends. I think mainly he did it just so he could embarrass his even more conservative friend Al (a fellow preacher). My dad really loved to laugh, and it is slightly disturbing that I laugh *just like* him.
Keith and Archimedes_Screw like this.