Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you a fan of the swim?
Yes 12 34.29%
No 23 65.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree44Likes

Old 09-13-2018, 06:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

2937: Swim Fan w/ Matthew Broussard

Being a fan of swimming; becoming a comic; comedians navigating social media; listener cheats, lies, and wants happiness

Guest:
Matthew Broussard

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

In show pics, you guys know the puns? QUICK!

(I don't.)
Old 09-13-2018, 07:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

1. Carrie Underwood
Keith, Bucho, porky2468 and 1 others like this.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

2. fishing for compliments
Keith, Bucho, critter2003 and 1 others like this.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Awesome episode!

Some people don't seem to get the difference between cheating and having agreed to do something in a relationship. If you want to fuck about and your hubby is ok with it, great. If he's not, don't be a fucking dick. And you know she'd be upset if he wanted to get his kicks elsewhere. It's also shitty to be like "I need this kink in my life, but I can't get it from you". She's making up excuses for it to be ok and it's not.

I hate cheaters. Rant over.
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 3 others like this.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I demand she write a followup letter
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 6 others like this.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

How dare that bitch start her letter asking if true love is real.
Keith, Lanfear, porky2468 and 1 others like this.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

Wow... that letter! That letter has been my life (with a couple of details swapped) for the past two+ years from the perspective of the husband and I recently reached my breaking point.

The differences:
- I cheated first, several times. I felt like a piece of shit for doing it, but I did it anyway. I owned up to it, stopped doing it, and did my best to make amends.
- Swap "I'm into BDSM" for "I'm a lesbian"

So... after catching her cheating and asking her to put a stop to it, she did. Not too long after, she secretly started with a thing with a new person and then came to me to ask for permission. I pushed back, but eventually relented. Later, we came up with an agreement specifying our boundaries.

For a few months, our relationship felt better than ever. I was really happy and I thought she was too. But then the push against boundaries began. I was reminded of my previous indiscretions many times in order to justify bad behavior. I felt like a piece of shit again, so I relented over and over occasionally trying to fight back against the disrespect of our agreement, but never making any headway.

Last week, the boundaries were pushed again and I decided I'd had enough. I told her it was over and I was leaving. The problem is... well, I guess about the same as every long term relationship. We've known each other for 21+ years: dated off and (mostly) on for about 10, and we've been married for over 10 now. I just don't know what life is like without her.
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 2 others like this.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 1 others like this.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknixxx View Post

Last week, the boundaries were pushed again and I decided I'd had enough. I told her it was over and I was leaving. The problem is... well, I guess about the same as every long term relationship. We've known each other for 21+ years: dated off and (mostly) on for about 10, and we've been married for over 10 now. I just don't know what life is like without her.

Good job! Don’t look back.

It is so scary to think of my life without Hennessy. But I’m doing it. I’m surprising myself. Realizing that it’s alright. I’m also actively reaching out to and creating more community around me so that I continue to have support. Include people in on how you feel. They will love you through it in various ways. If you were mistaken and you both were meant to be together then that will show itself in your clearer mind. Get your mind back first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith, Bucho, AshleyH and 4 others like this.