Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Louis C.K. ever give an apology that shows he's learned anything of value?
Yes 2 6.67%
No 28 93.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree51Likes

Old 09-16-2018, 02:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

You guys are 100% right on what you're saying on the show. I get why it's being put out. CK is a creep and it's gross how so many people are fine with him just coming back.

I do feel the discussion would've perhaps it been better as an article rather than a free flowing podcast discussion. Ninety minutes of anger and yelling doesn't make for a great listen.

Maybe it's just not for me, the other episodes this week have been some of the best episodes in ages so overall I can't complain really.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 02:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Oh Person...

An hour and half show and this was your big takeaway, that dopey question.

"Obviously we care about more than time passing, but let’s say that he did everything that we want him to do, what’s the minimum amount of time that he should have waited?"

You just made up something that never happened.

"Let's say he did everything you wanted, NOW there's still a problem?"

Fuck off.

He can come back today. All he has to do is everything we said, ya fuckin' goofball.
I would prefer that Louis C.K. never perform again. Why can’t you admit it, Keith?

Or, if you think he should perform again one day, why not say how long he should wait?
Old 09-16-2018, 03:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

If only I had the balls to share my real opinions...
Beth Yaz-Pistachio likes this.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:28 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
If only I had the balls to share my real opinions...
Right? Through more than an hour of discussion, you can’t say whether or not you think he should perform again?
Old 09-16-2018, 06:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flerchin View Post
I like everything you said. P. S. stands for 'Post Script' so every level gets an extra p not an extra s.
In my post only the first p.s. stands for 'post script'. In the other notes each extra 's' except the very last one stands for 'supplementary'. The very last one, obviously, stands for 'shits'.
Keith, flerchin, lizsquiz and 1 others like this.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Person View Post
Right? Through more than an hour of discussion, you can’t say whether or not you think he should perform again?
Are you Louis or are you this stupid?

If he doesn’t do the things we said, then yes, the return date is never.

I’m writing this just in case you’re really Louis.
Bucho and Beth Yaz-Pistachio like this.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Great episode, especially Andrea's point about breastfeeding. Hearing about these apologists just blows my mind! Try substituting another behavior and see how much logic you have. Imagine your boss came in and said, "Can I take a shit here on the desk?" or "Can I pee in the coffeepot?" or even, "Can I just blow my nose in my hand and throw it against the wall?" You wouldn't say to your friend, "Well, he asked."
A few weeks ago a guy was arrested just for walking through his gym naked!
Keith likes this.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Louis CK

I’m pretty out of touch but apart from these allegations I’ve never heard of Louis CK.

Also the breastfeeding comment was 👍👍👍👍 💯 %

I’d like to see a workplace poster similar to the one you find at swimming pools.
No heavy petting
No bumming
No naked masturbation in front of co-workers.

Etc
Keith likes this.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Great comparisons. Excellent analogies. All round.

Especially liked Andrea talking about how male comics calling Louie a pervert. He most certainly is but it leaves out a HUGE part of the problem. IE: assault/ trauma/ inflicting others/ human rights aspect.

As a comedy fan I keep waiting for ‘Comedy’ to comment/ explain/ help heal this problem. I keep waiting for some stand up to have a legit chunk on this. That it’s NOT sexual perversion. It’s abuse of power.

I never thought of it till Chemda mentioned it here. Louie CK’s power/ influence controls not just female victims, but the male/ would be / guys who should be saying something. Calling him out on his shit.

I can’t believe this motherfucker shows his face, (forget the nine months) and we as fans/ supporters STILL are left with no indication, that Louie has any understanding of the betrayal he has inflected on the world of comedy. Or his victims.

The past 10 years i considered him “One of the Greats.” Makes me sick. No club owner or opener should ever forget. Louie CK is guilty of sexual assault. He has two daughters. He shows no remorse.

For. Fuck. Sake. If he isn’t intelligent enough NOT to get on mic. Then someone, somewhere- do the right thing. Take it away. His words aren’t honest. He’s got nothing to say.
Keith and Beth Yaz-Pistachio like this.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:47 AM   #20 (permalink)

This part of Ted Alexandro's set addressing some recent news discussed in this episode is the best comedy I've heard all year. Present company excluded of course.