Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 06-24-2006, 05:04 PM   #11 (permalink)

Smile Industrial Goth whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceris23
I dunno if it's been brought up around here, but the band that Chemda is opening for (Frontline Assembley) is one of the most important bands in Industrial Music. Rhys Fulber and Bill Leeb pretty much defined a whole type of industrial dance music back in the day.

Without going into a whole history of Industrial music, it's just easy to say that Frontline pretty much defined industrial dance with the album Tactical Neural Implant. It set this whole vibe that bands like Nine Inch Nails wattered down for mainstream consumption.

So anyway, I guess the point is when you do go see the show to see Chemda, stick around for the FLA show. I've seen them a half dozen or so times and they definitely are not the band they once were (which is why it's so cool Rhys does so many side projects) but they should be seen and respected. It's like a rock and roll fan seeing the Rolling Stones today or something..

If you did like the band at all, go buy (or download, whatever) the album Tactical Neural Implant.. Also, look into some more of Rhys's side projects..

Oh, and please, enough with the Goth

Calling them all goths is like going to a cancer convention and calling them all skinheads. Goths tend to be whiney bitches who listen to shitty music, those kids out there with boots and whatnot are Rivitheads.. pretty much punks who have dyed black hair instead of mohawks..

so yeah!

PS: Chemda, you should collect some FLA stuff and ebay it! Make some cash for the 4 year show.
I wasn't bagging on goth's, i was making an observation. Chemda was right in the show when she said it's all just a costume anyway. It's summer for fuck's sake...i know people who are goth so it's not like i was making a general statement about shit i didn't know. i agree with MKL...there were plenty of whiny bitches there and that grandmother was hilarious.

oh and the whole cancer comparison...makes no fucking sense. if anything i would say calling someone "goth" instead of "rivethead" is generalizing. like you said they are basically the same thing. a skinhead and a cancer patient are 2 very different things. no one's bagging on the music just pointing out differences.

so yeah.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

Just so you know, a lot of the people there were actually goths.

Yeah, good point.. I think the main reason I wrote the post was to point out that Chemda is playing with some really big deal people.. It's a big deal to play with these guys..
Old 06-24-2006, 11:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl
I believe Skinny Puppy is the band that Bill Leeb was in was Rhys first met him.
My army room mate used to play it, and another band (name escapes me)

Something mystical abot it. The off beats and the sounds in it.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:50 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl
I believe Skinny Puppy is the band that Bill Leeb was in was Rhys first met him.

Yep that's right..
Bill Leeb (From Frontline) was a member of Skinny Puppy for a short time at the very start. cEvin Key and Bill had a GREAT side project called Cyberaktif back in the day. The whole group of people are often mixing it up.. All from Vancouver (that's the Canadian spelling! heh)...

Skinny Puppy is to Industrial music what Jesus is to Christians. If you're at all intrested in music you should do yourself a favor and pick up some Skinny Puppy.. My all time fav band..

chris
Old 06-24-2006, 11:52 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Yep that's right..
Bill Leeb (From Frontline) was a member of Skinny Puppy for a short time at the very start. cEvin Key and Bill had a GREAT side project called Cyberaktif back in the day. The whole group of people are often mixing it up.. All from Vancouver (that's the Canadian spelling! heh)...
Skinny Puppy is to Industrial music what Jesus is to Christians. If you're at all intrested in music you should do yourself a favor and pick up some Skinny Puppy.. My all time fav band..
chris
That shit was good.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:53 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Just so you know, a lot of the people there were actually goths.
I think Goth is a look, not tied to any music. Just a look/lifestyle nothing more.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:53 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
Does "Skinny Puppy" fall into the industrial Music catagory?
Foo Shoo they do. Skinny Puppy is the ultimate industrial band. Pick up Rabies or Last Rights to see God's music.

Frontline does more of a Techno Dance Industrial Stomp type thing where Skinny Puppy is more noisy and wonderful..

Frontline is the Rolling Stones, Puppy are the Beatles..

(for you rock and roll hippies!)
Old 06-24-2006, 11:55 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Foo Shoo they do. Skinny Puppy is the ultimate industrial band. Pick up Rabies or Last Rights to see God's music.

Frontline does more of a Techno Dance Industrial Stomp type thing where Skinny Puppy is more noisy and wonderful..

Frontline is the Rolling Stones, Puppy are the Beatles..

(for you rock and roll hippies!)
WHo elese was popular during the late 80 '88-'90? there was another band my roomate listened too and it was just as good.

Link to any torrent files of the albums?
Old 06-24-2006, 11:56 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Do they call it industrial music because:
It needs a lot of work?
Heheh.. The term was coined by Throbbing Gristle back in the 70s

"Industrial Music (n): Music that isn't finished"

heh
Old 06-25-2006, 12:00 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
WHo elese was popular during the late 80 '88-'90? there was another band my roomate listened too and it was just as good.

Link to any torrent files of the albums?

Hmm, if you like a more metal sound Ministry is up your alley.

Here are some albums to download.. and if you like them go buy them!

Ministry : Psalm 69 (Hard as fuck metalish type stuff)
Skinny Puppy : Rabies
Frontline Assembley : Neural Implant

If you like Conjure One (and my spelling) get Delerium : Spheres 2

If you wanna see Rhys do some crazy shit where he took a crappy metal band and made an AWSOME industrial type dance thing find his Fear Factory remixes..