Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you done cocaine under the age of 18?
Yes 6 13.95%
No 37 86.05%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree53Likes

Old 09-23-2018, 11:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

2944: Keith Goes to the Ballet w/ Bryan McKenna

Gilbert Gottfried's roast; cocaine in Catholic school; congressman Paul Gosar's family votes for his opponent; Myq Kaplan's Yom Kippur mass email; Bert and Ernie; Cleveland Browns' win; ballet; Free Solo; Chemda's bodega guy/blunt wrap supplier

Guest:
Bryan McKenna

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 12:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

We'll see based on the poll. I'm rooting for you.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I never did coke. I hope I am still allowed to.listen.
I never did either! I hope this doesn't become an issue.
{nervous now}

I laughed and clapped with glee when Chemda said acid was her gateway drug. Acid was totally my gateway drug. (Then I found pot and went "oh, this will do nicely from now on".)
The Girl and Apia like this.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Got the wrong handsome Ryan in the show notes.
Keith likes this.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

Coke never had any appeal to me. I've never had that kinda money, when people I know are on it they turn into assholes, and some seriously horrible shit happens in South & Central America over it.

I wish I could have seen Keith's beaming face when Bryan was talking about Kyle.
LoopyLou79 likes this.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

i was hanging out with the poor kids doing meth. the kids from the better neighborhoods were doing the coke.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
i was hanging out with the poor kids doing meth. the kids from the better neighborhoods were doing the coke.
True story. I went to an all-girls, private Catholic high school and we thought we were fancy with our coke.
Keith, The Girl, Sparrow and 1 others like this.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

re: ballet

let me tell you a story about fancy dancers. for several years the Atlanta Ballet did a week long residency in the mountain arts community i do my stuff in, so i got to hang out with them after rehearsals and performances at their cabins. my first experience with this world class, impressive whatever the fuck, incredible high art was walking into people icing their bodies, a beer pong game being set up, and Juliet drinking a gross cup of old soda Romeo had spit in as part of an earlier bet about something. i thought about all the money people pay to go watch them and feel fancy and how these folks were just working artists making the hustle getting high smoking cigs like everybody else.

one of them told me i had good feet and my heart soared so i'm gonna brag about it.
Keith, The Girl, jcro21 and 2 others like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.

Last edited by Sparrow; 09-24-2018 at 02:23 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Why there was never a Murray spin-off - the world will never know

Old 09-26-2018, 05:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I went down a Smurfette rabbit hole since I remembered her as initially evil & then converted to good... Came along this:

"Smurfette was made in the wizard Gargamel's laboratory. She was created by a magical potion. Her list of ingredients include: "Sugar and spice but nothing nice...A dram of crocodile tears...A peck of bird brain...The tip of an adder's tongue...Half a pack of lies, white, of course...The slyness of a cat...The vanity of a peacock...The chatter of a magpie...The guile of a vixen and the disposition of a shrew...And of course the hardest stone for her heart...."

"Smurfette is discovered by a single Smurf in the forest, wailing to herself and lamenting her unhappy lot in life. She explains to the Smurf that unless she is rescued, she will surely perish. Smurfette is a brunette with straight, stringy hair, ugly eyelashes, a plain dress and large plain shoes."

"Papa Smurf is the Smurf who turned everything around for Smurfette. After a successful operation of "plastic smurfery", Papa Smurf transformed the ugly (and unhappy) brunette Smurfette into the blond bombshell she is today."

"The Smurfs were very pleased with the new and improved Smurfette. The truth was eventually revealed to Papa Smurf and the others that Gargamel created the first incarnation of Smurfette, but her improved disposition and appearance helped the Smurfs accept Smurfette as one of their own."

It does seem Keith was somewhat right... She was good at "woman-ing"

Smurfette Was Created in Gargamel's Laboratory: The History of Smurfette - BlueBuddies.com

www.MeMeCPhoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Meme isn't hard to find; her laugh carries 'cause she throws her head back like a gorgeous unicorn. she's also an amazing first contact. look for the fanciest bitch having the best time.