Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: 2018 Great Tent Debate
I'm on Keith's side: Bye bye tent 15 30.00%
I'm on Chemda's side: Save it 35 70.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree57Likes

Old 10-08-2018, 05:54 PM   #31 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Oh my.
Yeah - you collected them walking around the campsite. If you didn't do a tick check when you get in the tent or missed one they will find a nice place to bite you while you lay down because they can detect delicious smelling hosts.

They will not crawl down a tree, stroll through your campsite, open your tent zipper and hide just so they can attack you in your sleep number bed 2 days later.
DJ Trashy likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:17 AM   #32 (permalink)

A SEARCH BAR?!

Holy crap, Keith, you have no idea how long I have been waiting for this. So many episodes I have missed and you two make constant references to them. Oh the days whenst I wished I could just SEARCH for the topics, Oh the agony, Oh the struggle! Then suddenly, all gone. Thank you Master Keith. Thank you.
Keith likes this.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:29 AM   #33 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Thank you, and you're welcome. And it's been there for years.

Look around. I bet there's so much more.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:45 AM   #34 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I keep my tents. But I camp about 15 times a year, and have 3 different tents depending on the type of camping; Festival/group camping, backpacking, solo road tripping, cold weather, etc. My oldest tent is 4 years, the most expensive one is about $200.
I also have a house with a yard/garage/basement, so storage and cleaning isn't a hassle. So I understand not wanting to deal with the tent "maintenance" if you only camp once a year. If I were willing to throw away $60 each time I camped, I wouldn't be saving any money and may as well just get a motel.

A side note: I don't think ticks like me, as I haven't seen one in 25 years, and I camp almost every other weekend between spring and autumn. Everyone else seems to freak out about them.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:15 AM   #35 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I recently camped my way across the country (to save money, I'm not particularly into camping) and after the first few days I thought Keith is crazy throwing his tent away every time, it's so easy. Then I got towards the East where everything is wet all the time and bugs are everywhere and I got it. Add to that living in New York City where space doesn't exist and it makes all the sense in the world. I just don't like throwing it away when it could be used by somebody else though, which I think is all Chemda is against too. (And that she has to pack it up because her name is on the campsite I guess.) I don't know if I believe they'd charge you for leaving a perfectly good tent but I understand not wanting to risk it. Can't Keith just pack it into the bag it came with and leave that somewhere? Because refusing that much seems like just deliberately being an asshole to Chemda.