Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2953: Be Aggressive w/ Andrea Allan (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2953-aggressive-w-andrea-allan-21207/)

Keith 10-08-2018 06:10 PM

2953: Be Aggressive w/ Andrea Allan

Podcast sound quality; Bert Kreischer's Something's Burning; The Situation gets 8 months in jail; Brett Kavanaugh confirmed to the Supreme Court; Christopher Columbus; Louis C.K. performs at Carolines; Chemda's tattoo; medicine, psychedelics, and aggression

Guest:
Andrea Allan
http://static-2.keithandthegirl.net/...ea-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Hera 10-08-2018 08:47 PM

Stop picking on Chemda!

Keith 10-08-2018 09:04 PM

LEAVE CHEMDA ALONE!!!

Lavagirl 10-09-2018 01:12 AM

I see both sides to the discussion, but I'm leaning towards Chemda's side. I find that she is very passionate which has the risk of coming off as aggressive. There are very few times I have been listening to the podcast where I've thought she's been TOO aggressive.

Carruthers 10-09-2018 01:18 AM

Defensive ...

... is not the word. You don't need to be aggressive, angry, or even annoyed to be stand-your-groundive or resistive. Exasperation suffices.

It's a shame that 'defensive' is the wrong word (too many negative connotations) because it seems like it's the right 'meaning' against an aggressor without being necessarily 'snarly' (possibly the aspect of 'aggressive' that is not wanted on this journey). I guess you'll have to stay with being obdurate, adamant, steadfast or indomitable. These don't sound snarly.

Keith 10-09-2018 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lavagirl (Post 871148)
There are very few times I have been listening to the podcast where I've thought she's been TOO aggressive.

lol wut?

Sakugenken 10-09-2018 02:40 AM

Some of the things that Chemda has said in the past, yelling at people from her car, willing to fight someone (even though she admits to not knowing how to fight) always struck me as signs of an aggressive personality. But I agree with Andrea, this is NOT a negative point. I don't see how you could deal with running your podcast and events with out being aggressive.

Bucho 10-09-2018 04:08 AM

I can't answer the poll yet because as soon as you guys said you were on a video show I immediately paused this ep and had to watch the video first.

Only about 6 minutes in so far but I'm ready to say that Chemda's answer to "If you guys had a TV show what would you want it to be?" made me almost spit take all over my screen.

Bucho 10-09-2018 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucho (Post 871154)
I can't answer the poll yet because as soon as you guys said you were on a video show I immediately paused this ep and had to watch the video first.

Only about 6 minutes in so far but I'm ready to say that Chemda's answer to "If you guys had a TV show what would you want it to be?" made me almost spit take all over my screen.

Chemda at 20:03 ... I'm fucking dying

Hera 10-09-2018 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 871153)
About drugs.
I said before, I’m very much interested how and why they work and how they can help us. Please study them all. I would participate in a study.
But like with prescription drugs, they can have side effects. Like regular medicine they alter stuff in our bodies.
And I think Chemda is so on the trip “ the government lied to us about all drugs!”, that it’s hard for her to see the downside.
Overdosed, they can harm. Really harm.
And as for “ I’m living my best life!”
I’m sure there are people out there who have found hardcore Jesus or some other extreme cult and say now it’s their best life.
That’s not enough evidence for me. People tend to defend their side to their death.

Chemda is right about psychedelics but Andrea and Keith weren't hearing her. These drugs are being studied for use in mental illness, etc. And Yes there can be bad effects as with any drug -- but they can be helpful and even lead to greater personal insights -- even if the user (or Chemda) cannot articulate those insights to the satisfaction of skeptics.