Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Chemda aggressive?
Yes 61 67.03%
No 30 32.97%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree162Likes

Old 10-09-2018, 05:20 AM   #11 (permalink)

Chemda, just own it. You are on fire, itís hot, itís fun and you are a good person.

Iíve also been called aggressive from time to time. Intense. Loud.
Thatís not bad. Better than being a boring wallflower in my book.

Maybe you get so defensive because your parents also called you aggressive and wanted you to be tame and silent.
We like you the way you are.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
I can't answer the poll yet because as soon as you guys said you were on a video show I immediately paused this ep and had to watch the video first.

Only about 6 minutes in so far but I'm ready to say that Chemda's answer to "If you guys had a TV show what would you want it to be?" made me almost spit take all over my screen.

Chemda at 20:03 ... I'm fucking dying
Keith, The Girl and SpareBen like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:31 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
About drugs.
I said before, Iím very much interested how and why they work and how they can help us. Please study them all. I would participate in a study.
But like with prescription drugs, they can have side effects. Like regular medicine they alter stuff in our bodies.
And I think Chemda is so on the trip ď the government lied to us about all drugs!Ē, that itís hard for her to see the downside.
Overdosed, they can harm. Really harm.
And as for ď Iím living my best life!Ē
Iím sure there are people out there who have found hardcore Jesus or some other extreme cult and say now itís their best life.
Thatís not enough evidence for me. People tend to defend their side to their death.
Chemda is right about psychedelics but Andrea and Keith weren't hearing her. These drugs are being studied for use in mental illness, etc. And Yes there can be bad effects as with any drug -- but they can be helpful and even lead to greater personal insights -- even if the user (or Chemda) cannot articulate those insights to the satisfaction of skeptics.
The Girl and Lavagirl like this.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:35 AM   #14 (permalink)

They have been studied but not enough and not all of them. Its because they are iligal. Studies with iligal substances are nearly impossible to get an ok from any ethic comission.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:48 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
Chemda is right about psychedelics but Andrea and Keith weren't hearing her. These drugs are being studied for use in mental illness, etc. And Yes there can be bad effects as with any drug -- but they can be helpful and even lead to greater personal insights -- even if the user (or Chemda) cannot articulate those insights to the satisfaction of skeptics.

Name some studies.
Kind of drugs?
Patient count? ( you need more people than one or two. I would need at least 100) Placebo controlled? Dose? Duration? Controlled to other drugs like SSRI?
Jenni likes this.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:27 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Name some studies.
Kind of drugs?
Patient count? ( you need more people than one or two. I would need at least 100) Placebo controlled? Dose? Duration? Controlled to other drugs like SSRI?
Here's a link from PLOS One: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0063972

Here's a link to a lot more, including the British Jrnl of Psychiatry:
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q...=1&oi=scholart

And more - about promising research in their use for mental health treatment:
https://www.google.com/search?client...w=1031&bih=566

But I don't understand why you're being so hard-nosed about it. What do you have against psychedelics -- again, when used properly?
Old 10-09-2018, 07:43 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
Here's a link from PLOS One: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0063972

Here's a link to a lot more, including the British Jrnl of Psychiatry:
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q...=1&oi=scholart

And more - about promising research in their use for mental health treatment:
https://www.google.com/search?client...w=1031&bih=566

But I don't understand why you're being so hard-nosed about it. What do you have against psychedelics -- again, when used properly?
Absolutely nothing. In fact I am pretty interested and sad that its too dry for mushrooms in my secret place this year.
Scorpion, bag of lazers and Hera like this.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:30 AM   #18 (permalink)

Aggrogument

This is a language and societal conditioning thing. Chemda knows when to be assertive, which is seen as aggressive under patriarchy.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:52 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Name some studies.
Kind of drugs?
MDMA has a "breakthrough therapy" designation from the FDA. That only happens when initial trials are overwhelmingly positive. Of course the approved therapy would only be a small fraction of the dose that people take when they are at a rave. They don't want people tripping balls to combat their PTSD

https://www.forbes.com/sites/janetwb.../#7b0e15077460
Apia likes this.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:09 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
MDMA has a "breakthrough therapy" designation from the FDA. That only happens when initial trials are overwhelmingly positive. Of course the approved therapy would only be a small fraction of the dose that people take when they are at a rave. They don't want people tripping balls to combat their PTSD

https://www.forbes.com/sites/janetwb.../#7b0e15077460
Very good. But thats why you need more studies. To determine how much you need to take. You know i work in a pharmaceutical field.

You take for example 4 groups of people. One group gets 1 mdma, the second 2 the third 3 and the forth placebo.

Now you compare therapeutical effcts and side side effects between the groups and try to find the right dose.