Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Chemda aggressive?
Yes 62 66.67%
No 31 33.33%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree162Likes

Old 10-09-2018, 06:27 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
Name some studies.
Kind of drugs?
Patient count? ( you need more people than one or two. I would need at least 100) Placebo controlled? Dose? Duration? Controlled to other drugs like SSRI?
Here's a link from PLOS One: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0063972

Here's a link to a lot more, including the British Jrnl of Psychiatry:
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q...=1&oi=scholart

And more - about promising research in their use for mental health treatment:
https://www.google.com/search?client...w=1031&bih=566

But I don't understand why you're being so hard-nosed about it. What do you have against psychedelics -- again, when used properly?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:30 AM   #12 (permalink)

Aggrogument

This is a language and societal conditioning thing. Chemda knows when to be assertive, which is seen as aggressive under patriarchy.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I love Chemda, but I'm not sure "Shane is a genius" is the wagon you should hitch your star to. His story was interesting but it was a little hard to follow and it took a long time for him to tell because he's pretty hard to understand.
Scorpion, skitzot, Lanfear and 3 others like this.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
I love Chemda, but I'm not sure "Shane is a genius" is the wagon you should hitch your star to. His story was interesting but it was a little hard to follow and it took a long time for him to tell because he's pretty hard to understand.

I meant informed in this topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scorpion, skitzot and Hera like this.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I obviously don't post too much here, but I just wanted to say that the end of the podcast really felt like Chemda was being gaslit, both by the drug talk and then by this definition of being "aggressive".

Of course my only experience with everyone on the show is only through the podcast, but I can feel Chemda constantly holding herself back when it's clear that she doesn't agree with someone on the show because it's time for the show to move on. If I had to characterize her "mood", I would say it's more frustration than aggression.
The Girl, Bucho, DJ Trashy and 6 others like this.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:36 PM   #16 (permalink)

I'm kinda scared to say. But chemda scares the shit outta me.. she's very aggressive, argumentative and in your face type of personality..
Old 10-09-2018, 01:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Holy shit Chemda, how can you deny your aggressive side? I had to pause the show (I was laughing too much) when Keith was reading the definition of "aggressive" to you and you shouted him down / drown him out before he even finished. That was like the textbook example of aggressive.

It feels like you attach shame to the term "aggressive" and that is what upsets you. You seem to be blind to the fact that nobody else in the room thinks it's shameful to act aggressively. What's that about?

A wise woman once introduced me to the phrase "if it's hysterical, it's historical".
Old 10-09-2018, 02:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

"I'm not outraged !!" that's gonna the title of Keith's next book. On the cover He'll be shouting and throwing dayqil pills at people. The inside quote will be him asking everyone how could dane to continue to get drunk, now that he's sober and there's so much more to do in the world when you're not hung over.

I think the word oud I'd use for Chemda in this case is reactionary. Initially in the last ep Keith cut off Shane and Chemda to comment on how ridiculous their conversion was to him, and the rest of the "aggression" was her defending herself and trying to explain what she meant (that taking pyschedelics could be good, that tree beginning of Shanes story didn't seem so bad) getting cut off and getting louder to continue to finish her point.
Which is what happened all this ep.

Including passive aggression Keith wins by far
Apia likes this.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:37 PM   #19 (permalink)

Chemda is NOT aggressive...

Chemda is NOT aggressive...she stayed pretty calm while being interrogated for over an hour by Andrea and Kieth! I think Chemda is passionate and she stood up for herself. I am an aggressive person and I would have lost my shit with Andrea and Kieth. They called her a druggie and denied it. Kieth seemed like he was purposely trying to get under Chemda's skin and said he's done less drugs than Chemda!! Really Kieth? Crack, coke, mushrooms, etc. but Chemda smokes weed so she's more of a druggie than you?????? And then Andrea jumped in on Kieth's side and when Chemda was making her point, Andrea starts calling her aggressive over and over and over while interrupting Chemda and being a jerk? Not to mention piling on by saying Chemda is more likely to get arrested! Seemed like Kieth and Andrea were just pissed that Chemda didn't agree with their view on psychedelics or Chemda's take away from Shane's experiences and were deflecting and purposely trying to get Chemda to snap. Who cares if Chemda doesn't agree with you or saw some good points in Shane's story!!!! So you disagree, don't pile on someone just because they don't share your view. An aggressive person would have snapped....I would have snapped!

Chemda, you keep doing you and don't take anyone's shit! There's nothing wrong or aggressive about standing up for yourself.
The Girl and Hera like this.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:23 PM   #20 (permalink)

Chemda is aggressive and I'd definitely want her in my corner in an argument or fight.
Apia likes this.