Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Chemda aggressive?
Yes 62 66.67%
No 31 33.33%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree162Likes

Old 10-09-2018, 10:39 PM   #31 (permalink)

I've never been more confused over the definition of a word before. It seemed like Chemda's assertiveness + direct vocalization was being equivocated with aggressiveness. Whereas Keith is being called passive-aggressive for the way he often indirectly asserts his points but doesn't aggressively go after a final resolution to the difference in opinion?

The Cambridge dictionary definition seems to have the word Aggressive being used for instances of anger or determination separately.
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...ish/aggressive

In which case I would say Chemda becomes the determined version of aggressive in these heated discussions because she aims to push for a final resolution. I feel like Keith can be less interested in a final resolution to an argument with someone because he can be quick to let it go and dismiss people as being goofy if he doesn't see it going anywhere.
Keith, The Girl and DJ Trashy like this.

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 10-09-2018 at 10:46 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:06 PM   #32 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kultcher View Post
If I took too much adderall, then I would probably end up like being awake for 3 days straight and having heart palpitations and shit. That doesn't mean that adderall is inherently bad or bad for me.

Because you'd be a better person after having done that?
canibalstalker likes this.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:00 AM   #33 (permalink)

Chemda is a thinker and has strong opinions on many issues and if she's honest, she really likes to argue and play devil's advocate. That in itself is not aggressive. She is not out to attack her coworkers or guests after all.

However, when someone else makes a statement she doesn't agree she can get emotional or passionate at least. When that someone does not want to further defend their position and she keeps pushing the issue, that definitely feels aggressive much like badgering a witness. She either doesn't pick up on social cue that the other person doesn't want to argue or talk further about something or she just feels she is absolutely correct and entitled to essentially bring them to Jesus. The subsequent barrage of questions and examples is often an abrupt departure from the otherwise witty back and forth with guests. I think the triggers for these departures come from a perception that someone or something she loves is being attacked and she needs to come to the defense.

In her own words, Chemda loves fighting and the more heated the better as stated on episode 2935 where she discusses overhearing people screaming profanities at each other.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:08 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
lol wut?
I meant to the point where I say out loud "Chemda for the love of god calm ya tits". She can be intense but it's rare when I find it offputting.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:42 AM   #35 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
It's very rare for someone to argue the benefits of psychedelic and other illicit drugs while being so vociferously opposed to over the counter pharmaceuticals.
I actually think it's the opposite?

I've seen a lot of arguments along the lines of weed and psychedelics being natural and used by ancient tribes and not marketed for profit as opposed to the bad artificial chemicals that these evil capitalist companies developed.
bag of lazers likes this.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:25 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Because you'd be a better person after having done that?
Nah, what I'm saying is that if I overdosed on adderall it would be bad, but that doesn't mean that a normal daily dose of adderall is inherently bad. Similarly, Shane overdosed and that was bad, but that doesn't mean that smaller doses weren't helping him with depression or whatever.

Like, to put it in extreme terms like Shane did, if I had to choose between overdosing on adderall once but otherwise using it responsibly or never using it all, I'd choose the first option because overall I think it'd be better for me, I've seen the positive effects.

I'll grant that Shane didn't offer a lot of specifics about the positive effects, but I know it's not totally baseless and research is being done on treating depression with psychadelics, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:28 PM   #37 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kultcher View Post
I'll grant that Shane didn't offer a lot of specifics about the positive effects...

You'll grant me that? The part that was my entire point?

Thanks for the favor.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:30 PM   #38 (permalink)

Angry Andrea, I love it when you are the guest, but today....

What happened in this show was simply a clear case of two people ganging up on the other one. And what's most infuriating is the fact that one of those two people, your typical "I'm not a feminazzi but I'm so progressive"-woman, happily taking over in the confrontation initiated by the "innocent" male who ended up just letting the two girls have a "bitch-match" (emphasis in the quote/unquote). And this is all on you Andrea, NOT Chemda. Fucking disgusting.

And by the way, I know many here have used the word "passionate" with good intentions to describe Chemda's way to argue, but can we all start acknowledging how fucking offensive and dismissive AND unfair that is to her?

"Passionate" in the context of this particular incident can be construed as being emotional and stubborn in your arguments. I don't care if you agree or not, but to use "Passionate" to label her character in this discussion is to disregard the intelligence in Chemda's counter-arguments, when all she was trying to do was to defend her view points. Had it been Keith the one being gang-up on and had to defend himself, two against one (that is, if Andrea could resist the urge to run and do the dirty work of his male master), I wonder how many here would have used the word "Passionate" to label Keith's character... "Oh no, since he's male, he was not being passionate, he was using his right as a male to fight back against the unfair accusations..." Get the fuck out.

Chemda WAS NOT being aggressive nor "feisty" or any of the crappy labels Andrea tried to describe her as. And certainly, she was not being passionate. She was cornered into having to defend herself from accusations that where SO unfair regarding her views on drugs and being called a druggie by the bigger druggie.

Chemda, kudos for not backing down, not today. :thumbs up:

PS: I still love you Andrea, please don't hate me.

Last edited by rdelfin; 10-11-2018 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:35 PM   #39 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Please, like these 2 bitches don't ever turn on me.

You're a goofball.
memecherry likes this.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:41 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Please, like these 2 bitches don't ever turn on me.

You're a goofball.
Did I hurt your feelings boo?