Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Chemda aggressive?
Yes 58 65.91%
No 30 34.09%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree156Likes

Old 10-10-2018, 07:47 PM   #51 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Too? Thatís projecting. You only hurt mine.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:50 PM   #52 (permalink)

No, "boo" (sorry, I don't know how it is spelled, the affectionate nick-name used for a loved one)... booh? boo? bou? Ma' boo.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:06 PM   #53 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

You didn't even take the time to look it up? Boy bye.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:23 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You didn't even take the time to look it up? Boy bye.
Goodbye Boo.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:16 AM   #55 (permalink)

Micro dosing

I think that micro-dosing sounds interesting. The problem with drugs is that itís unregulated.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:33 AM   #56 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

It's like, WAKE UP GOVERNMENT!!!
Old 10-11-2018, 07:37 AM   #57 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I actually think it's the opposite?

I've seen a lot of arguments along the lines of weed and psychedelics being natural and used by ancient tribes and not marketed for profit as opposed to the bad artificial chemicals that these evil capitalist companies developed.
As a chemical engineer, the argument of just because it's natural, then it is inherently better than synthetic is so infuriating. Anthrax (from bacillus anthracis) is "natural". Cyanide is "natural". Also, there is no such thing as artificial chemicals. Every element and molecule is natural. Just because we can isolate or recreate the conditions that are required to form a particular chemical doesn't mean that it doesn't "naturally" occur. Chemists are still playing by the rules of nature. And more often than not, chemicals that are "synthetic" are safer than isolated molecules from "natural sources" because it's easier to isolate exactly the molecule you want rather than getting a bunch of unwanted contamination molecules along with it.

People just have a romanticized association with "natural" drugs, like weed and mushrooms, because they like the primary side effects of taking the drugs, so they search for secondary alternative "health benefits" to justify liking the primary effect of taking the drug. There isn't nearly as much passion about acai berries or chai seeds or kale which are all "natural" and have been shown to have incredible health benefits, because they don't also make you trip. Just admit you like what being on weed and mushrooms feels like. Stop trying to say it's only for health reasons.
Keith, Lanfear and flerchin like this.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:07 PM   #58 (permalink)

Chemda speaks passionately and woman speaking passionately will always be viewed as a negative aggressive. Andrea will always side with Keith until Chemda asks Andrea to clarify.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:21 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Brett Kavanaugh confirmed to the Supreme Court;
Louis C.K. performs at Carolines;
An upsetting week, with a lot of things going on that directly affects women. With that backdrop in mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bag of lazers View Post
This is a language and societal conditioning thing. Chemda knows when to be assertive, which is seen as aggressive under patriarchy.
The patriarchal context is important. It's been around so long that it's difficult to gain objectivity on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk12 View Post
I obviously don't post too much here, but I just wanted to say that the end of the podcast really felt like Chemda was being gaslit, both by the drug talk and then by this definition of being "aggressive".

Of course my only experience with everyone on the show is only through the podcast, but I can feel Chemda constantly holding herself back when it's clear that she doesn't agree with someone on the show because it's time for the show to move on. If I had to characterize her "mood", I would say it's more frustration than aggression.
I think the frustration shows, and is mis-perceived, to an extent, as aggression.

Of course Chemda tried to explain, but ended up basically saying "You think this is aggression? You haven't even *begun* to see aggression!" (yes, I know she didn't word it this way). But her awareness of how hard she tries to rein in anything that might be perceived negatively is very telling. Guys generally don't do that, or feel like they have to. We're rewarded for aggressiveness. Women are not.

Performance review gender bias: High-achieving women are 'abrasive' | Fortune

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4having3 View Post
There is a difference between being aggressive and being assertive. Aggressive has a negative connotation to it. Iíd say Chemda is assertive. Sheís confident and not going to back down when she truly believes in something.
Assertive! Excellent word.

I'll address drugs in a separate post, but to Chemda: you be you! No need to adjust the tone or volume. Stand your fucking ground.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:34 PM   #60 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

There was something about this episode that made me want to step in & defend Chemda, even though she doesn't usually need help when she is standing up for herself.

I think many times Chemda's passion for a subject is misconstrued as "aggression". Not sure if it's a female/lady thing, an ethnic thing, or if they are weirdly intertwined.

It flashed me back to the last primary election when I was checking in at my polling place (mind you I'm in California), an elderly white lady & and elderly latina lady were the ones handing out the ballots. I said my name "Mariana Grajales" and the latina lady said it back with a spanish accent. I walk over to vote & overhear the white lady tell the latina that she can't talk with "an attitude like me". It took everything in me to not turn around and point out that a spanish accent does not equal "attitude".

ALSO - the world feels like a dumpster fire a lot lately, so I also think "frustration" can be labeled as "aggression".
DJ Trashy likes this.

www.MeMeCPhoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Meme isn't hard to find; her laugh carries 'cause she throws her head back like a gorgeous unicorn. she's also an amazing first contact. look for the fanciest bitch having the best time.