Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you be pleased if your $1.4M Banksy art shredded itself right after purchase?
Yes 28 60.87%
No 18 39.13%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree21Likes

Old 10-09-2018, 08:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

2954: Venom w/ Hannah Boone

New Orleans; unwanted house guests; a history of drugs; Banksy's self-shredding art; Venom and A Star Is Born reviewed

Guest:
Hannah Boone

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I am so all about knowing why anyone wouldn't appreciate Banksy destroying their art.

They'd give the money back if you wanted (which was never officially taken), or, if you really wanted, you could sue for so much more (if you were a weird asshole).

There's no way you lose. Was you art time wasted?
Old 10-10-2018, 01:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Venom was great? I was so excited to hear you tear into it!

Spoilers ahead so don't read if you care:

1. The Rage symbiote transfers into the old grandma in Malaysia at the beginning. Then SIX MONTHS LATER she's at the airport, same body, no problems with anyone at all. OK. Then, granny see a little girl to transfer Rage into so into the bathroom she follows her. Little girl then is able to get onto a flight to San Fran ALONE. Did she eat someone on the plane during that long flight? Where the hell are this girls parents? PLOT HOLES MY GAAWWD.

2. Being spoon-fed clear superhero movie things that we ALL know by now. After turning into full-blown Venom for the first time after he breaks his leg on the road, Eddie feels the need to tell the audience that His leg was broken... but... now it isn't?! WHAT.

3. Venom is supposed to be a rage filled murder machine but comes across as a bro with a heart. VOMIT. He has a change of heart and risks his life to save humanity... why? WHY?!

4. That lead lady's wig, VOMITOUS.

5. It was such a confusing movie. Is it a dark comedy, a horror, a good-cop/bad-cop comedy, a romance, a feel good action movie? The movie was PG... A Venom movie? He bites off someones head but there's no blood. Why make a Venom movie if you aren't going to try and make the character like the one it is based on?

I'm glad they made Venom LOOK like Venom. Aside from Tom Hardy being his usual awesome self, I give this movie - VOMIT.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
If I was a too rich person who buys a painting for 1 million I would be mad about the loss of control and how the artist made fun of the art market.
I would throw my champane glas on the floor, get my chanel dress wet. My servants would quickly clean the mess up.
" you good for nothing artist! My money still rules the world ! Hahaha!" I would scream.
" your job is to paint for me! Me! So I can sell the art later and make more money!"

Or so.

So funny you made up a snobby personality to vote no.
Apia likes this.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw81 View Post
Venom was great? I was so excited to hear you tear into it!
If it was Rated R it'd be masterpiece.

If this was vomitous (I read your spoilers) then how are the mediocre super hero movies considered good?

You're wrong. This was great. Sorry a symbiote doesn't fit in your literal box and broke your brain.

It was a superhero movie - an action comedy. What's the confusion?

Spider-Man was amazing. This is... great.

I was talking to my buddy FingerLakes about it and he of course left before the first extra scene. (Pure carnage, bro!) That's ridiculous. But seriously, you're wrong. This is Venom venom comin attem can’t stop gettin em venom adrenaline momentum hit em vemon m&m em 15 minute end credits? it’s just a trailer for spider-man animate-em.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Sorry, I meant to vote yes. I misread 'pleased' as 'pissed'. Beaker apologies.
Keith and Bucho like this.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I listened to this episode twice. I'm not even lying. Once again Hannah's guest score was aces babillion.
Keith, The Girl, Apia and 1 others like this.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:43 AM   #9 (permalink)

You have rarely been so wrong about something as you are about A Star is Born. Bradley is saved by the love of a good woman? Did you leave before the end?
Old 10-11-2018, 10:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I knew someone would point out I didn’t say how it ends.

Ya goof.

Dumb lazy ending. Whole movie is dumb and simple.