Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you a creationist?
Yes 4 7.69%
No 48 92.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree98Likes

Old 10-27-2018, 11:02 AM   #21 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Tracy was "right" when she said that the stories in the bible are meant to be fables. Most religions teach them that way. The "literalist" approach to the bible is fairly new and almost solely American. It started in the 40s, I believe.

Up until then, the stories in the bible were taught as stories and many faiths still teach them that way. Keith, your dad was the crazy one, not Tracy's Sunday school teacher.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 11:51 AM   #22 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Was Tracey born before the 40s? I’ll have to ask.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:01 PM   #23 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by word View Post
Im from Cincinnati which is about 40 minutes from dry ridge ky. I generally stay out of kentucky cause those good ol boys dont like people that look like me. But yo ohio is far from hell its just overly christian.
Columbus, OH is pretty decent
Old 10-28-2018, 10:34 PM   #24 (permalink)

OMG STOPPPPPPP!! Best post ever! I love you!
Old 10-29-2018, 11:27 AM   #25 (permalink)

What is the point of a religious text if it’s all fables? I’m starting a church of The Mother Goose.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:46 AM   #26 (permalink)

Kentucky

I'm an East Coast liberal, relocated by choice to Lexington, KY about 13 years ago. Yes, it can get tiresome: the Trump supporters, the bible thumping, the unhealthy food. But if you base your opinion of KY on one ill-informed visitor to Dry Ridge (a sad outpost on the barren road between Cincinnati and Lexington) you are just as guilty of knee-jerk prejudice as the people you detest. C'mon, NY liberal millennials. Pull your heads out of your asses, get out of Queens, and see some of the country. Kentucky, along with being absolutely gorgeous, has cities, culture, universities, thoroughbred farms, and a rich history of major contributions to American culture. Lexington has had a gay mayor for 8 years. We were one the first cities in the country to institute a no-smoking ban in bars and restaurants in 2004. Louisville is a big blue ocean in a shallow red state. I know, I know, Mitch McConnell, the Creation Museum, and one crazy skinhead who shot up a Kroger a few days ago. But please, just as I don't judge all of Queens by Archie Bunker, open up your minds to the fly-over states. Your snotty attitude seriously isn't helping things.
SpareBen likes this.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:18 AM   #27 (permalink)

Changing my Halloween twitter name to Devil's Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
They tricked her!

It’s okay. You don’t have to play Devil’s Asshole...
Old 10-30-2018, 10:04 AM   #28 (permalink)

Millennials at Cracker Barrel - "it looks a little bit sad."
Old 10-30-2018, 10:52 AM   #29 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannie View Post
I know, I know, Mitch McConnell, the Creation Museum, and one crazy skinhead who shot up a Kroger a few days ago. But please, just as I don't judge all of Queens by Archie Bunker, open up your minds to the fly-over states. Your snotty attitude seriously isn't helping things.
1. It’s our snotty attitude that keeps your state racist? Also, don’t try to trick us by acting like we said “fly over states.” We said Kentucky.

2. Great point about how we have Archie Bunker. We also had problems with ghosts and the way the Ghostbusters handled them. And we had problems with that one taxi driver who asked who are you lookin at cause he’s the only one there are you talkin to him. And there was that other guy who was like I’m walkin’ here! And those gangs we had in Warriors. Those were trouble.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:14 AM   #30 (permalink)

"It’s our snotty attitude that keeps your state racist?"

It's your snotty attitude that perpetuates the idea that Kentucky and other places you have preconceived notions about are uniformly racist. When you are a liberal in a red state, you open your mind. That's okay, though, live in your bubble. Sorry.